Author Topic: C2E2  (Read 3370 times)

Offline Joerhyno

• Commander
Re: C2E2
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2011, 06:05:01 PM »
I got back a couple of hours ago, to be honest, I don't think I'll go again for another couple od years. I'm not into comics much, mainly went to get some Cantina figures for my son and cause my friend won weekend passes and his son that was using the second pass was free today, so I thought, why not? Like Phatty said, a lot of the stuff was old, in beat up conditions and priced real high. I couldn't believe the priced on some of the PotJ, EP1 and RotS stuff, people wanted 10-30 for some figures, I couldn't help laugh at.  My Brother went yesterday and he mainly went for comics and he said he was dissapointed too, a lot of older golden and silver age comics, not a lot of recent stuff.  It's a shame the only people that had big booths were Marvel and DC and Mattel.. I was hoping for Hasbro with their Thor and Capt America stuff maybe even a Transformers booth, I mean the movie was filmed in Chicago, I think Hasbro dropped the ball on that one, they could have easily asked Bay to put a car or two from the moves and had a booth there with some new TFers in it and I think that would have made my son's day.

All in all, it was fun, I spent more on my parking and my churros I snacked on than the stuff we bought. We brough a lunch and Pepsi was there handing out drinks, lol...  I'll save myself the trouble next time and just go to the local Toy show instead.