Author Topic: C2E2  (Read 3371 times)

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
C2E2
« on: February 04, 2010, 07:30:02 PM »
Anyone near the Chicagoland area, the REAL Chicago Comic Con, called Chicago Comic and Entertainment Expo, is hitting the McCormack Place in Chicago April 16th-18th.  The big names will be there, such as Marvel, DC, Image, and many, many others.  No word from Hasbro, Sideshow, or some others on being there, but Gentle Giant said no already, but may look into next year.  I'll be attending, and would LOVE to see some fellow Shipyarders there as well!

http://www.c2e2.com/

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: C2E2
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2010, 07:45:29 PM »
I did ask this question for the latest hasbro round so we will see what they say. It sounds interesting thats for sure.

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
  • Proud member of Red Sox Nation
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2010, 08:10:19 PM »
Sounds cool Phatty. Sadly I won't be able to make it, as I'm here in Rhode Island. I've always wanted to go to a comic-con. I actually just had a friend in Chicago job hunting. Be sure to take video/pics if you can!
"I want my sanity back." - Wedge Antilles

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2010, 04:02:26 PM »
Remember, this event is rapidly approaching, and I'd love to meet up with any of you who can attend!  Carrie Fisher will be there signing autographs!

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2010, 08:17:59 AM »
Ok Chicagoland, this hits TOMORROW!  Anyone else going to make it out there?

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2010, 07:15:48 PM »
Well, Day 1 is in the bag:

http://www.imperialshipyards.net/C2E22010/c2e2d1.html

It was a pretty good time, looking forward to tomorrow as well!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2010, 04:00:35 AM »
Looks great Pat. Wish I lived closer. Looks like a fantastic time. Nice write up.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2010, 01:29:00 PM »
This is getting ready to kick off its second year, and I'm very excited for it!  IF you live anywhere near the Chicagoland area, you need to come to this!  Click here

http://www.c2e2.com/

To buy your tickets and join me in storming McCormack Place!

Offline hannsfartknocker

• Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
  • Commodore
    • hannsfartknocker's youtube
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2010, 05:49:57 PM »
There is a great possiblity I will go
"But… it was so artistically done."
-Thrawn's last words

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2010, 06:24:21 PM »
It was pretty nice last year, and I know they've held several meet-and-greets with fans and such to see how they can improve things for this year, so that is a positive note in my book.  They had so many cool things to see, there was something for everyone.  I'm looking forward to this one certainly, and if there will be other Shipyarders there, I'd LOVE to get together with you all!

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2011, 06:12:53 AM »
The date is upon us, and once again I'll be heading out to Chicago to check out this convention.  While there won't be any big product companies like Hasbro, Gentle Giant, or Sideshow, it is still quite a pop culture event.  Anyone in the Chicago area, you should definitely check it out.

Unfortunately, due to my extremely busy schedule right now, I'll only be able to attend today.  However, stay tuned for pics and write up of the event!

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2011, 04:26:42 PM »
Well, I've returned from Chicago, the Windy City, and another great outing at the Chicago Comic and Entertainment Expo, held at the McCormack Place.  Another convention put on by ReedPOP Entertainment, the same group behind Celebration V last August, this was another show I was glad to be able to attend.  Even as I entered, I was greeted warmly by the many staff volunteers.  The Press room was very accommodating quickly got me underway.  I entered a tad early, thanks to my Press credentials, and was immediately impressed once again with the spacious, well lit convention floor.  The big names were there, Marvel and DC comics, as well as Dark Horse and a slew of others.  While there weren't many events to be had today, there were plenty of exhibitors on hand to show and sell their many wares.  And not just comic books, though there was definitely no shortage to be found, but everything from toys to clothing to costumes to even Japanese snacks!  Everyone seemed to have a good time while they stormed the con floor in search of that elusive item they all hoped to obtain.  I even met up with Darth Spice and Boba Binks from Sandtroopers.com, who had a booth there featuring Anthony Forrest, the original Sandtrooper and Fixer.  I covered the floor twice, and picked up quite a few Marvel Universe figures I had been looking for at prices I was willing to pay.  I must say, however, that there weren't as many Star Wars collectibles, at least new ones, as I had imagined.  All in all, it was a good time, and I'm glad I was able to attend, even if only for the first day.  I fully commend the folks at ReedPOP conventions for their great convention control and arrangement.  So, while my trip may have been short, here are a slew of pictures of some of the cool things I saw while I was there!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2011, 06:11:40 PM »
Awesome shots, Pat! Looks like a pretty cool show. I liked all of the Green lantern stuff and really liked seeing all of that vintage stuff.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2011, 06:29:17 PM »
My comment is the same as Clint's. The Iron man pieces of art are jaw droppers. The stack of vintage stuff is just awesome! Wonder how much the ewok battle wagon or the beast with cart beside it was going for? Those are some rare items for sure. Great score on your figures and it looks like a great day!

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2011, 06:11:57 AM »
The bigger problem with the vintage stuff was price and condition.  None of it was in great condition, and all of it was overpriced.  There weren't many mini-busts or higher end collectibles, and their regular figures were moderately priced for a con.  All of the Marvel Universe things I picked up were more than retail, but about on par with eBay prices and I paid what I was willing to for the figures I got.  I was looking for a TCW Quinlan Vos at a good price, but the best I found him for was $15, and I wasn't willing to pay that.  I did really want those EE Comic Packs, but I wasn't about to spend $30 each on them when I can still order them through EE for $18.