Kenner / Hasbro Collecting > General Hasbro collecting

New Micronauts Line Coming?

(1/2) > >>

Clonehead:
Someone had mentioned that Hasbro had recently aquired the rights to produce Micronauts toys. I fondly remember having Micronauts action figures and vehicles around the time that A New Hope first came out, As they were also around 3 3/4 inch sized and very cool, they would compete for my dollar with the available Star Wars toys. "at the time, Micronauts were marketed to the US  by the Mego Corporation"

I came across this article today at comicbookresources.com that claimed that J.J. Abrams was working on a deal to produce a Micronaut movie based on the Marvel Comic book that started in the late seventies. Was Hasbro's move to get the rights to produce the Micronauts a play to produce toys for this movie?

wraithnine:
not sure if they were the same but the micronauts over here had different see thru coloured bodies and white hands and silver heads  and wierd vehicles and yes i had them about the same time

Clonehead:
Yep, that was the same line. Time Traveler, Space Glider, Galactic Warrior, and Acroyer were some of the first figures of that line. Man, I used to have those little pieces spread out all over the house.

Here is an auction for a 1976 time traveler figure. The time travelers were the only ones with see-through bodies.

McMetal:
Yes, I am a HUGE Micronauts fan, but I am not getting my hopes up just yet. The license has languished since Palisades went under years ago. They did a spectacular series of throwback toys akin to the 70's line but with some slight differences and a sea of variants. I have about all of them and they are awesome toys.

The original comic from the 70's was amazing, especially the art by Michael Golden. One of the first comics I was super into as a kid. They resurrected it for a few issues several years ago but changed the storyline completely and it wasn;t nearly as cool.

Great toys though! Membros is the bomb!

Clonehead:
Never got the membros or the other glow in the dark brain figures.Heck, I never seen that Centaur guy. I don't mean Force Commnader or Baron Karza but the other Centaur guy.

I did score Michael Golden's autograph on a couple of the vintage Micronaut issues at a comicon, last year, though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version