Author Topic: New Micronauts Line Coming?  (Read 1510 times)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
New Micronauts Line Coming?
« on: February 04, 2010, 05:11:18 PM »
Someone had mentioned that Hasbro had recently aquired the rights to produce Micronauts toys. I fondly remember having Micronauts action figures and vehicles around the time that A New Hope first came out, As they were also around 3 3/4 inch sized and very cool, they would compete for my dollar with the available Star Wars toys. "at the time, Micronauts were marketed to the US  by the Mego Corporation"

I came across this article today at comicbookresources.com that claimed that J.J. Abrams was working on a deal to produce a Micronaut movie based on the Marvel Comic book that started in the late seventies. Was Hasbro's move to get the rights to produce the Micronauts a play to produce toys for this movie?

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
Re: New Micronauts Line Coming?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2010, 05:17:14 PM »
not sure if they were the same but the micronauts over here had different see thru coloured bodies and white hands and silver heads  and wierd vehicles and yes i had them about the same time
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2010, 05:26:03 PM »
Yep, that was the same line. Time Traveler, Space Glider, Galactic Warrior, and Acroyer were some of the first figures of that line. Man, I used to have those little pieces spread out all over the house.

Here is an auction for a 1976 time traveler figure. The time travelers were the only ones with see-through bodies.

Offline McMetal

• Colonel
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2010, 05:38:03 PM »
Yes, I am a HUGE Micronauts fan, but I am not getting my hopes up just yet. The license has languished since Palisades went under years ago. They did a spectacular series of throwback toys akin to the 70's line but with some slight differences and a sea of variants. I have about all of them and they are awesome toys.

The original comic from the 70's was amazing, especially the art by Michael Golden. One of the first comics I was super into as a kid. They resurrected it for a few issues several years ago but changed the storyline completely and it wasn;t nearly as cool.

Great toys though! Membros is the bomb!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2010, 05:46:13 PM »
Never got the membros or the other glow in the dark brain figures.Heck, I never seen that Centaur guy. I don't mean Force Commnader or Baron Karza but the other Centaur guy.

I did score Michael Golden's autograph on a couple of the vintage Micronaut issues at a comicon, last year, though.

Offline McMetal

• Colonel
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2010, 07:19:28 AM »
Never got the membros or the other glow in the dark brain figures.Heck, I never seen that Centaur guy. I don't mean Force Commnader or Baron Karza but the other Centaur guy.

I did score Michael Golden's autograph on a couple of the vintage Micronaut issues at a comicon, last year, though.

So did I...he came here to Richmond. I was amazed! Dude is my all-time favorite comic artist, even above Byrne.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2010, 09:51:06 AM »
Man, I don't know about that. I was really into John byrne's stuff.