Author Topic: Amazon.com  (Read 47187 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Amazon.com
« Reply #180 on: June 04, 2021, 02:46:15 AM »
You seem to have good luck with amazon shipping. Kinda hope this makes the price on feebay go down. Maybe I can get a good boxed one.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #181 on: June 06, 2021, 02:04:09 AM »
Feebay...that's a brilliant way to say it. I mostly bought from, but didn't sell on ebay. And with their latest change of terms & conditions, they do suck. Raising their sales fee to 11% is one thing, but now sellers cannot even select, that they don't want to be paid with PayPal. So I sold one item and had the extra PayPal fees which sucked so much, that I removed my other 24 items only two days after I uploaded them. I won't sell anything on ebay again and know of many other users who will leave ebay because of their latest changes. One said the variety of products will decrease quite a bit from now on. I agree, but don't know if it will be noticeable.
ebay is a great place for customers, but not for sellers. So is Amazon if you're keen enough and try to sell via Amazon.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2021, 02:05:56 AM by Darth More »

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #182 on: June 06, 2021, 03:08:15 AM »
I'm glad to have checked Amazon today because the pre-order price for the TVC AT-ST "Raider" dropped to 75,59€ (at checkout) inlcuding shipping & import fees. I could order a maximum of 30 units! But I only ordered one at the lower price and cancelled the one of 91€. Buying two doesn't make a difference now after it was an extra 10 bucks a few days ago.
At the end of June is Prime Day here in Germany (and probably worldwide?). Maybe the offer will last 'til then and maybe drop to 65€? I keep my fingers crossed. But I'm already super happy to get a second chance on this one...
Here's the link: https://smile.amazon.de/gp/product/B07MVLX2T6/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's also interesting that Amazon didn't change the code name for TBS 50th Anniv. Qui-Gon here. He's still listed as Cashew:

« Last Edit: November 09, 2021, 02:20:51 AM by Darth More »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #183 on: June 06, 2021, 06:17:40 AM »
I am so jonesing on this. I so want a good boxed one. Wish they would open em back up here in the US. Glad you are able to get one and at an even better price.

Offline (SID)

• "Toy Designer/fabricator/Scavenger"
  • Commander
  • Welcome to the ULTER-VERSE
    • VECHAL CREATIONS
« Reply #184 on: June 08, 2021, 03:55:51 PM »
Nice to see these are still out there. I remember when these first came out I wanted one badly... But I have like 10-15 of TBS version (WalMart clearance $10-$15 each 😉). So I just couldn't pull the $80(?) best buy wanted and it didn't hit clearance around me. Soo basically I regretted not usually my gift card to later (on 2 credit collection heavy mandos which ate probably still sitting at some stores 😢).

IF this AT-ST comes back around I'll definitely breakdown and get it. Otherwise I'll just customize my own... Which is what I was always going to do since its not a huge paint application/addition that Hasbro added. I mean I'll I need us some nets and red paint right?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #185 on: June 09, 2021, 04:36:08 AM »
I tried to get one when it hit clearance, but those were shipped even worse than were new if that is to be believed. They just stuck the mailing label to the side of the box and it showed up mangled.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #186 on: June 11, 2021, 12:41:33 AM »
Got lucky with Amazon once again even though they put any extra paper or bubble wrap in the box. They got somewhat better boxes in the UK. Even small shipments come in these durable and smart designed boxes. Got Asajj Ventress for 20.40€ which is a good price compared to the MRSP of 26.99€ here in Germany. Since BREXIT Amazon UK suddenly offers A LOT of products here on the German Marketplace - coincidence?

What an awesome figure she is! Bravo Hasbro! No dents, not even scratches on this brand new figure shipped by Amazon! Feel free to use our affiliate link to Amazon on our front page to support the forum without any extra costs for you!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #187 on: June 11, 2021, 04:17:11 AM »
Like I said, you are just playing the lottery and winning each time with them. Congrats on a great figure in a great package.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #188 on: June 12, 2021, 03:18:26 AM »
Well, that's well said Tamer. Today I received my next lottery ticket and won again. The box is slightly damaged, BUT this could've also happened in the factory. This thing feels and smells factory fresh and I'm super happy. Except for this crease, the box and product itself are in pristine condition. So cudis to Amazon for a great delivery. Besides I'm super happy to have gotten this. Could've gotten the Mosasaurus at Toys "R" Us for 29.99€ years ago, paid 33.73€ on smile.Amazon now while it's offered for over 75€ everywhere else by now. So glad this will see a repainted re-issue!

Add: I placed my order on April 23, 2021 and had to wait 'til now (June 12, 2021), but the wait was worth it. So does it work with the TVC AT-ST Raider, which I shared above. Pre-order and the date of delivery is not known (if not cancelled). So you're right, Amazon can be like a lottery!

You can also read my latest store report at SmythsToys here
« Last Edit: June 12, 2021, 04:08:20 AM by Darth More »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #189 on: June 12, 2021, 05:49:59 AM »
Yeah thats a pretty small bit of damage for what I am used to amazon doing. You did good with them again.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #190 on: June 16, 2021, 12:19:44 PM »
Now that took me completely by surprise today!

Say hello to the new Amaz...ebay exclusive 4-Pack for The Vintage Collection!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08T6M7G2P?ref=exp

This breathtaking news is spread everywhere, but nobody mentions the original price this set went up for. My bet is $49.99 MRSP? $59.99 maybe? Any info would be greatly appreciated.
I don't know how people can claim almost 600 dollars for this set and not be ashamed. Must be great to be a scalper. This set sold out in minutes. Hasbro better have some more on the Pacific Ocean already!

Thanks to STARWARS-Figuren dot com for this reveal. Check out their amazing high res image gallery here:

http://forum.starwars-figuren.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2302

« Last Edit: June 17, 2021, 05:12:24 AM by Tamer »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #191 on: June 17, 2021, 05:13:38 AM »
Wow, sure didn't know this was coming. No news from Hasbro yet on it too.

Maybe they are doing special reveals with certain sites again.

Too bad it is already out of stock. I hate excluisves! Sigh!

Thanks for the news Philipp, I will get this on the front pages.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2021, 05:18:06 AM by Tamer »

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #192 on: June 17, 2021, 06:31:42 AM »
Me neither, I wonder if anybody saw this coming.
It was revealed on the Fan Celebration Event yesterday and went up for pre-order only hours later.
The following fan sites and channels participated this event:
Bossks Bounty
Coffee With Kenobi
Endor Express
Jedi News
Kastors Korner
Mint In Box
Star Wars Collector
Star Wars Figuren
Star Wars Insider
Star Wars News Net
@SWTVC (Instagram)/ Star Wars The Vintage Collection (Facebook)

CG was kind enough to answer to my question on Yakface.com and told me the MRSP of this set is $62.99.

Offline JDeck

• High Admiral
« Reply #193 on: June 17, 2021, 06:32:20 AM »
  This set came completely out of thin air, yet it was sold out at most 20 minutes after it released. I wasn't heart broken I didn't get it but that rex is pretty cool. I don't see how it sold so quickly without any warning. They must not have produced many since nobody buys figures from Amazon anymore. I agree though exclusives are dumb. More than likely we get rex single released.

Offline (SID)

• "Toy Designer/fabricator/Scavenger"
  • Commander
  • Welcome to the ULTER-VERSE
    • VECHAL CREATIONS
« Reply #194 on: June 17, 2021, 07:07:35 AM »
This set proves how bad everything is now. Hasbro just treats SW as collectables now. The only toys are w/e is not "selling". The mission fleet line is a perfect example... No reason it couldn't have just been ACTION FLEET, micro machines (but offer value unlike last attempt) heck they could've even quadrupled down on 5poa and just offered open box packages and little or no accessories. But Hasbro just always tries to back some new product  instead every time, only now its the collector getting shafted by a plethora of limited products and forced scarcity... As so what the company can make a few extra bucks for doing less work??? I mean they are sooo lazy that micro machines are now a sub license to another manufacturer.

I don't mean to rant. Its just everything is constantly getting more ridiculous. This 4 pack is the perfect example. All the figures could / should be regular release. The set shouldn't also cost $60 or w/e MSRP. But if nothing else announce this set with the launch of bad batch, take preorders for a month... Send the in-stock and fill the leftovers. Its a no brainer. It shouldn't be some game a consumer has to play having 20mins to buy something never announced just to become a myth or unicorn to some flipper!!!!!!!