Author Topic: Amazon.com  (Read 45089 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Amazon.com
« Reply #120 on: August 03, 2020, 06:47:30 AM »
Philipp if you see that deal again I would love to get one. I missed it here in the US. I don't trust Amazon at all to ship here. I haven't gotten a good package from them in years. Nice pick up.

Offline Darth More

• ...'cause we always want more...
  • Grand Moff
  • Darth More's Custom Workshop
« Reply #121 on: August 20, 2020, 02:54:09 AM »
Just let me know if you still need one. I got 2 still sealed, opened one in damaged box. I can send them to you when I come to the U.S. next time (in 2021 hopefully). As we all know, Hasbro love repacks, so I bet Grievous will return in the new packaging design.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #122 on: August 20, 2020, 04:06:33 AM »
30€ refund

I was just gonna say that Amazon keep impressing me by their packaging. They got some good packers here in Germany.

I received those LEGO Harry Potter sets in excellent condition and at best price (temporarily). They were secured and delivered without any damage. The boxes have a couple little dents at the most, but who knows if they left the factory like that already?

But when my FX Lightsaber arrived here, a bad surprise expected me inside the box...I paid 168.73€ for Count Dooku's Lightsaber, but it was not worth to further protect it:

The packaging of the lightsaber came dented and I know it's just the packaging, but I decided to contact their customer service. I suppose they just took the boxes they use for gardening tools etc.
In the short and efficient chat, their customer service offered me 20€ refund without even asking for a picture of proof. The damage is quite small, but still a bummer. The damage on the Kethanna was much bigger in retrospect.

I told them about the reviews I had read including the info that the same lightsaber was 122.50€ shortly before I placed the order. So asked if we could maybe do 30€ refund and they agreed. I usually don't do stuff like that, but when I buy a high-end collectible I expect them to handle it with care. What do you think?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #123 on: August 20, 2020, 05:59:19 AM »
I think you are well within your right to expect your items to be shipped well. I won't order from Amazon unless as a last ditch effort because of their cheaper shipping methods now.

That is the reason one of the last questions I asked the brand team when they announced all those amazon exclusives was if they were going to make sure amazon shipped their stuff out well. They said they weren't aware amazon had problems with their shipping shape and all of the other folks on the panel backed me up. It was pretty cool.

I did try to order the 40th Zuckuss and 4LOM. They came beat up. I had to send them back. Nice thing is the return is pretty easy, but still. I gotta wonder how much stuff gets buggered up and what happens with it all when it gets sent back.

No, I think you did fine.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #124 on: September 03, 2020, 12:23:59 AM »
Thanks for your reply, Tamer! I received my partial refund of 30€ about a week later. Also, a book that I ordered by chance back in April was finally delivered - coincidence?
Yeah, that's why I always buy several items to be shipped together. There are just too many stories about bent cards and smashed bubbles on Facebook and elsewhere...I wish I had claimed for a replacement when my TVC Hoth Rebel Soldiers arrived here bent as well.
I'll go back and take a look at my orders from back in 2018. But there's no chance I can claim for anything now. I might just open them.

Thanks for your sentiment, again!

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #125 on: September 03, 2020, 12:37:05 AM »
Amazon gives you an option for double-boxed shipping now!

It seems Amazon Germany have reacted to some customers' complaints! When I ordered my Jurassic World Brachiosaurus from Mattel via Amazonsmile, I had the option to select an extra box! I would've taken a screenshot, but since it was in German anyway, I didn't. You gotta to take a close look JUST BEFORE you confirm your order! Scroll down completely on the last page before payment to select this shipping option.
First, I thought they would put the shipping label right onto the packaging, which has happened countless times before over in the U.S.
But it actually came in the shipping box plus an extra box, that I had to select SEPERATELY.
So if you're a collector and still order on Amazon, you might want to keep this in mind!

Mine came packed VERY WELL!

But it seems this Barachiosaurus had a long journey from France to Italy and then to Germany...crazy logistics happening at Amazon.

I assume this guy on ebay forgor to select the extra option and received his shipper dented:

What's your experience with Amazon and how they pack your stuff?

- Philipp
« Last Edit: September 03, 2020, 12:47:27 AM by Darth More »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #126 on: September 03, 2020, 03:01:51 AM »
I will definitely look for that double boxed shipping option. I am guessing you have to pay a bit more for that, but it would be worth it to get the amazon exclusives. Hasbro was supposedly gonna talk to them about their shipping after our last conversation with them, but I haven't heard back if they did. Its just insane seeing them ship vintage carded stuff in such horrible ways.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #127 on: September 03, 2020, 03:22:31 AM »
Nope. No extra charges for the extra box. I paid 53.80€ for the Brachiosaurus includuing 27 cents (0.5%) donation via Amazon smile, FREE SHIPPING in an extra box. It was an option for the customer to save Amazon an extra box. But I found some good use for the extra box:
« Last Edit: September 03, 2020, 03:24:25 AM by Darth More »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #128 on: September 04, 2020, 02:36:26 AM »
Nice!

I am so gonna check on amazon today to see if we have that same option.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #129 on: September 04, 2020, 02:42:42 AM »
Fingers crossed. I can take a screenshot for you right away if you want. I will also check on Amazon.com for ya!

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #130 on: September 04, 2020, 02:58:15 AM »
This option probably applies to items that come with their own shipping box like the JW Brachiosaurus. But it also applied to the TVC Slave I back in 2012/2013. The translation of German "Umverpackung" would be wholesale packaging.

I marked the option with a red arrow right at the bottom left of the first screenshot. If you select this option, the item will be packed in an extra box. The text above it says:

"The item ships in a packaging which reveals its content.  Choose the option ship in Amazon packaging to avoid it." (applied above)

No extra charges apply.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2020, 03:20:15 AM by Darth More »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #131 on: September 04, 2020, 03:15:12 AM »
I will definitely see if I can find this in the shipping options today.

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #132 on: September 04, 2020, 03:15:37 AM »
Okay, just tried the same order on Amazon.com - the Brachiosaurus ships from a third party seller in the UK to FL for just under $60. With a price of $64 it would cost a total of ~ $124. Do yourself a favor and order it on TARGET for the regular MRSP of $49.99 and FREE SHIPPING within the U.S. while supplies last!
Also the Slave I is sold out on Amazon.com so I couldn't check it either. I need an item that comes in an own shipper AND is sold by and ships from Amazon.com to see if this option is given.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #133 on: September 04, 2020, 03:16:29 AM »
How about the exclusive 4Lom and Zuckuss

Offline Darth More

• Grand Moff
« Reply #134 on: September 04, 2020, 03:24:37 AM »
Good idea, Tamer. But unfortunately this TBS 2-Pack is also sold out at Amazon themselves and only offered by some 3rd party sellers starting at $76.98. So no research possible here at the moment.
I can contact their customer service to ask if this option is introduced as standard option for those items to which the above applies.