Author Topic: TCW at-rt with arf trooper  (Read 15721 times)

Offline dana.raye.smith

• Commodore
Re: TCW at-rt with arf trooper
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2010, 06:22:02 PM »
That big space you mention is oddly enough just the size of one of the big chainguns included with the single carded ARF troopers.
I put one there pointed downward. It will fit either way, but it looks best to me pointed down.
Not sure if that was planned on Hasbro's part or not, but it works for me.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2010, 10:51:11 PM »
That big space you mention is oddly enough just the size of one of the big chainguns included with the single carded ARF troopers.
I put one there pointed downward. It will fit either way, but it looks best to me pointed down.
Not sure if that was planned on Hasbro's part or not, but it works for me.

could you get a picture of that?  I'd like to see how you have it oriented.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2010, 08:45:16 PM »
I finally got my ATRT pack today and noticed the size difference from the ROTS release right off the bat.

In the pics, the one on the left is the ROTS version, the middle is the new CW version, and on the right, you have the Revel easy kit like Fiala has showed us.

Yes, they could have taken the leg articulation a bit further with this latest release.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2010, 05:37:58 AM »
Which do you think is the best example Clint? From here it looks like the Revell model might be the best.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2010, 05:45:39 AM »
Probably so, buddy, especially with it's better leg articulation. Some surgery would be required to the new one to make it pose as well. A leg swap could be possible but it wouldn't look quite right.

At least the new one came with a decent figure. I always did like the ARF trooper.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2010, 06:50:27 PM »
Probably so, buddy, especially with it's better leg articulation. Some surgery would be required to the new one to make it pose as well. A leg swap could be possible but it wouldn't look quite right.

At least the new one came with a decent figure. I always did like the ARF trooper.

I agree.  I think the toy is a good blend for being a toy.  The revel model kit however would have been my choice to get had I realized it sooner.  I'll probably get the revel kit and give the toy to the kids. 
The only realy good thing was it coming with the arf trooper, however I'd have liked to see a repainted one instead of the one we already have.

Offline CaptainLux

• "Get the order and execute it. Let the generals sort out the rest." -CC-5052
  • Fleet Admiral
  • Captain Lux 327th Star Corps
« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2010, 04:53:24 PM »
nice walker, like it!

Offline dana.raye.smith

• Commodore
« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2010, 06:26:42 PM »
I had the BIG GUN Z-6 Rotary cannon or whatever placed on the back of the AT-RT handle up and backward , barrel down...
having trouble getting pics... but Sithlord229 has done a great review on youtube with a link here on the yards... and he has a gun stored on it the same way as I had set up mine...
If you still needed a visual on  this any way.
Sorry about the delay.... busy sometimes.... with the family...and  life .....and work .....and..... well.....
i am pretty lazy too sometimes...