Author Topic: The World of Darth C  (Read 13106 times)

Offline Darth Aussie

• Major
Re: The World of Darth C
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2008, 12:51:35 AM »
Yeah thats the line I use, but its usually followed by  ::) and havent you got enough yet, lol.

mmm must be a universal line in their Psych make up.....or a mind trick :-*.....lol

Offline Cimter

• Cultural Minister
  • Brigadier
  • "Hey, it's me"
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2008, 11:24:48 AM »
I am sure there part Watto (well the mind bit in anycase, lol) "those Jedi Mindtricks dont work on me I am a Toydarain".

Offline Darth C

• Brigadier
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2008, 01:08:22 PM »
Woke up this morning at 5am, went out to the garage for a smoke and noticed the garage door open, a little puzzled, then I noticed the refrig door open with some bottle water laying on the floor, then it hit me, someone has been in here.  Checked the truck and forgettful me I left it unlocked and they went into the truck, took some smokes and the garage door opener, opened the door and went in the frig and took some alcohol.  So I had my dad come over later and deactivate the garage opener until I could get home, reprogrammed the other remote, so at least the one that is missing shouldn't be able to work(hopefully).  Not my way of starting the day and still not in a very good mood!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2008, 03:34:39 PM »
Chad, that is a bum deal. I'm sorry that it happened. You did the right thing with the garage door. It's not hard to reprogram to a different code if you have another opener.   Sounds like the work of some kids with too much time on their hands.
  How did the door get open in the first place? In the past, I have noticed our door opening itself before possibly caused by lightening or a power surge. I ended up putting a dead-bolt in the door leading from the garage to the kitchen. Also, when we leave for more than a couple of days, we throw the dead bolt on the garage door, itself.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2008, 03:41:01 PM »
Definitely kids, probably close by who know you have a fridge in your garage.  Maybe it's just me, but I'd be hooking a car battery to the fridge so next time they get in (if that happens) and they go for a cold one, they'll wake up in the hospital pissing themselves!

Online Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2008, 03:48:41 PM »
Chad you do have luck like me. Man, that is awful. Sure sounds like kids to me too. I hope they catch em and nail em to the wall.

Offline Darth C

• Brigadier
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2008, 07:15:27 PM »
Yea guys it was kinda of a bum day.  They opened the door with the remote from the truck.  In any event everyone was alright and nothing of value was taken.  Found out there were quite a few cars that were went through.  Now I'll be putting motion sensor lights on the front of the house and not leaving the door remote in the truck anymore.  On a postitive note got another estimate for my hail damage and this one was $1100 compared to $3500-$4700 from the first guy, guess who will not be getting any work.  The higher guys was the one that did it before and it seems like he is trying to screw me.  Morale of the story do not give contractors your paperwork from the ins company as to the amount they gave you in your claim, it seems the bid is right around what the ins gave you.

Online Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2008, 04:49:09 AM »
Well I am glad to hear that nothing of great value was taken. Good, I am glad your hail damage estimate is good. Hopefully that will leave you plenty of deniro for new SW goodies or a nice little start to your Disney savings fund! Wish I could find a windfall like that! You sure do have a good point about contractors and inusurance jobs though. I am glad this one worked out.

Offline Cimter

• Cultural Minister
  • Brigadier
  • "Hey, it's me"
« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2008, 08:54:00 AM »
You've been lucky, they could have taken the truck and the fridge, and anything else in that garage of yours, you got of pretty lucky a couple of smokes and a bit alcohol, I would definitely be fitting a Dead Bolt however like clonehead said.

And its great news for you that the repairs are going to be less than you thought, just shows you shop around for the best bargains, dont just take first one that comes along.

Offline Darth C

• Brigadier
« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2008, 06:44:31 PM »
Well this is how I'm approaching my security issues.  First off making sure my truck is locked with nothing of value in the open.  Its a crap shoot about locking vehicles, sometimes if its locked then they will break a window to get in, compared to just leaving it unlocked.  But I am going to lock it.  Next, not going to leave my garage door opener in the truck anymore, it will be a pain bringing it in all the time, but a little extra safety.  Next, going to be installing security motion sensor lights tomorrow.  I wanted to put 4 sets of them on the front of the house to replace the lights we already have, but the boss quashed that idea.  so I will be installing one set to start under an eve to light up the whole driveway, will see how well that works, might add another.  I want that area light up like a ball field.  If anyones got any more ideas lmk, I'm tired of this happening every year, it needs to stop now.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2008, 06:48:11 PM »
How about a smile your'e on camera sign......with or without the cameras. I take it the truck won't fit in the garage?

Offline Darth C

• Brigadier
« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2008, 06:49:46 PM »
Truck is too long.

Offline Darth Aussie

• Major
« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2008, 01:23:39 AM »
Ferocerious Dog maybe?... ;)

Offline Cimter

• Cultural Minister
  • Brigadier
  • "Hey, it's me"
« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2008, 04:51:56 AM »
Ferocious wife perhaps, but seriously, I would get a camera, fit the spot light, and do the rest of what you suggested - unfortunately a determined thief will get in, and I dont want to scare you its just a proven fact.

Offline Darth C

• Brigadier
« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2008, 05:52:09 AM »
I'm thinking of getting a camera.  Its mainly just kids we are dealing with.  I believe the lights will be a big enough deterent for them.  The dog at this time is not an option, won't get another dog until we move someday with a little more yard area.