Author Topic: The World of Darth C  (Read 13108 times)

Offline Darth C

• Brigadier
The World of Darth C
« on: August 03, 2008, 07:42:09 AM »
Well, yesterday was a packed busy day.  Dropped the kids off at my parents for the night, pick them up later this morning.  So Barb and I had a busy day yesterday by ourselves, you need that every once in awhile.  Started off going to the Star Wars exhibit in St Paul.  That was alot of fun, really wasn't what I thought it was going to be, but did get to see alot of props, costumes and models for the movies.  Left there and hit a bunch of targets looking for closeout toys, found an rebel pilot evol set, so I picked that up.  Went out to lunch and were palnning on seeing Mama Mia, great chick flick, but our 2 free tickets we had weren't valid on Saturdays.  Cancelled that, went home worked on my dio and did some cleaning.  At around 4pm went to our favorite restuarant and dinner and then headed over to another movie theater to is Batman in imax, well got there to buy our 7pm tickets ans she said they sold out about an our ago, so we didn't want to wait for the 11pm show, so we just went to walmart and brought groceries for home and camping next weekend.  Worked on the dio and finsihed it last night, pics are posted in the thread.  Watched a disney trip planning dvd, we are hoping to go sometime early next spring and finally went to bed around midnight.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: The World of Darth C
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2008, 03:53:13 PM »
We had a great time when we went to Disney 3 yrs ago. Which are you going to West or East?

Offline Darth C

• Brigadier
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2008, 03:56:32 PM »
East, to Florida.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2008, 04:06:24 PM »
Buddy, you have got to squeeze in the Universal parks and Tamer won't forgive you if you don't go to Disney MGM to see the big walker outside of Star Tours.

Offline Darth C

• Brigadier
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2008, 04:12:13 PM »
Is that part and on disney grounds?

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2008, 04:20:36 PM »
MGM is a disney park but not on the same grounds as the magic kingdom. If you get a park hopper pass, It will allow you to go to Animal Kingdom, MGM, the Magic kingdom, and the Disney city walk which is a boardwalk waterfront bar hopping type of place. Star Tours is just one of the cooler attractions in MGM and happens to have a life-sizeish AT-AT walker mocked up in front of it.
  The universals are a competing set of parks that you must also go see. there is Universal studios Hollywood and Universal's islands of adventure. I am sure that there is a ticket deal that will allow you to go back and forth to both of those parks, also.

Offline Darth C

• Brigadier
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2008, 04:44:08 PM »
Will have to check into that.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2008, 05:48:12 PM »
Chad I am gonna need to pick your brain on this when you get back. We are gonna do this too one day down to Florida.  Its not going to be for a few years yet though. Great idea on the walker thing Clint!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2008, 05:52:15 PM »
I will have to dig around and find a pic of that walker. Tamer, when you see it, you will swear that you need one in your yard. The chin guns on this thing reciprocate and shoot out smoke like mist while the chin gun sound effect is played.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2008, 05:53:48 PM »
Now that would make a good blind/treestand for me to use when rifle season comes in!

Offline Darth C

• Brigadier
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2008, 07:33:53 PM »
They must have something like that at disney hollywood studios.  On the dvd I was watching they had the head of the atat at the park.

Offline Darth C

• Brigadier
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2008, 02:39:23 PM »
Well today I was in the shop skinning birds.  My plan was to get 2 pheasants, 1 grouse and 2 wood duck done today.  Got the 2 pheasants done, went to work on the other 3 and they were bad.  What had happened was I had them in the freezerrefrig in the garage last winter and I guess when its cold out they basically stop working, well to birds spoiled and feathers were falling out, so no point going on with them.  Went to the travel agent to start the process of figuring out our disney trip, its not going to be cheap that's for sure.  Spent the afternoon cleaning out our storage area in the basement, getting rid of stuff and reorganizing.  Did make some head way there.  Now my day off is coming to an end as I got to go pick up the girls from daycare.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2008, 02:53:24 PM »
three years ago, My trip with the wife and myself cost roughly $1200 for 4-5 days including air fare, tickets to the disneys and the universals, and hotel. the hotel provided transportation to and from the parks and to and from the airport. I would bet that it's more now.

Offline Darth Aussie

• Major
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2008, 02:58:11 PM »
Chad I am gonna need to pick your brain on this when you get back. We are gonna do this too one day down to Florida.  Its not going to be for a few years yet though. Great idea on the walker thing Clint!

Mmmm how many years Shawn? would be nice to revisit the Disney and Uni parks like we did before we hit C3...and yes the Walker and Speeder bikers out front..but the best was the SW Shop!

Offline Darth C

• Brigadier
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2008, 03:10:09 PM »
Its around $3800 for 4 of us, thats for airfare, parks, tranpertation, hotel, food.