Author Topic: TFU 2010 Imperial EVO Trooper  (Read 2048 times)

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
TFU 2010 Imperial EVO Trooper
« on: April 24, 2010, 08:38:08 AM »
Imperial EVO Trooper

The EVO troopers (short for "Environmental") were among the Empire's most specialized stormtroopers.
Equipped with heavy enhanced armor with breathing tubes and went through a special training, they were able to survive in the most hazardous conditions such as extreme heat, acid rivers, and lightning. They were equipped with FA-3 flechette launchers and some utilized T-21 light repeating blasters. .
(wookiepedia: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/EVO_trooper)

The figure:
The figure is a repaint of the figure that was released in the 30th AC.

The accessories:
The figure comes with a black T-21 blaster, two DC-17 blaster pistols and a removable survival backpack.

The articulation:
*ball-jointed nack
*ball-hinged shoulders
*ball-hinged elbows
*swivel wrists
*swivel waist
*swivel hips
*ball-hinged knees
*ball-hinged ankles

The rating:
When I first saw the figure I wasn't really a fan of the "cow" camo but now I like it more and more. I hope Hasbro will also make the shadow version of the EVO trooper.
9/10

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
Re: TFU 2010 Imperial EVO Trooper
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2010, 08:38:47 AM »

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2010, 11:25:04 AM »
I realy liked the original figure so for the figure itself I could still appreciate it...  I don't however care for the new paint scheme.  it seems half-assed to me.  hasbro could have done better with coming up with a more significant/special repaint. 

a shadow evo would have been cool.... (wheels turn for custom Idea....)

bottom line is that this is not enough of an increase from the original figure to warrant getting the 5 pack this one is in.

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2010, 07:56:46 AM »
I realy liked the original figure so for the figure itself I could still appreciate it...  I don't however care for the new paint scheme.  it seems half-assed to me.  hasbro could have done better with coming up with a more significant/special repaint. 

a shadow evo would have been cool.... (wheels turn for custom Idea....)

bottom line is that this is not enough of an increase from the original figure to warrant getting the 5 pack this one is in.

I totally agree Spud. I'm not sure if this version of the Evo-Trooper was shown in a comic. Hasbro could have done a lot better. Same on the shadow troppers or the felucian warrior. They are all just repaints of older versions.
I hope the TFU II game brings us some new characters and also new Hasbro figures.

Offline Irish Ninja 97

• The author of Gamma Squad and Revenge!
  • Colonel
  • Meatbags
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2010, 09:02:13 PM »
Great review.Damn, Hasbro made this fig WAY better than the older one. swalk
As do I. It is our lot in life, Master. Shall we find something to kill to cheer us up?
                                                                           -HK-47

Offline bly272

• some nights I lie in bed and look up at the stars wondering: where the heck has the ceiling gone?"
  • Commander
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2010, 10:14:00 AM »
cool review!  I like him.  If  hasbro doesn't make the shadow evo.... well thats what paint is for!
"You could start a whole new Imperial custom. 'Dance, fool, dance!' Zap, zap, zap! 'Ow, my toe!'"
-Jaina Solo, making fun of Jagged Fel for accidentally shooting his deputy minister of trade in the foot