Author Topic: TCW TX-20 Commander Droid (A.K.A. Tactical Droid)  (Read 6498 times)

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
TCW TX-20 Commander Droid (A.K.A. Tactical Droid)
« on: January 30, 2010, 11:27:11 AM »
hello again wraithnine here with another review ...

this time its the Clone Wars figure TX-20  commander droid A.K.A. Tactical Droid

this is the clone wars wave that introduces the redemption forms for Nahdar Vebb mail away promotion from Hasbro

I picked this up at StarActionFigures for £7.95

TX-20 appeared in the Clone Wars episode "Innocents of Ryloth" and was the tactical droid for the Techno Union Governor Wat Tambor
he comes with a droid blaster ,missile firing droid rocket launcher and a hologram of Tambor  (similiar to that packaged with Count Dooku & Assaj Ventress)

ARTICULATION:
Articulation wise it's a bit of a mixed bag  he has ball-jointed head,shoulders,hips  and ankles ,with swivel wrists and waist and hinged elbows .the range of movement on the hips and shoulders is about the same as that found on the standard battle droid and he has no knee articulation. .

PAINT APPS:
Generally the paint apps are crisp and accurate with the odd smudge here and there and there does seem to be some very low level weathering on this figure ... so low in fact i nearly missed it!

overall i'd have to say this is one of my favorite seperatist droids .
I'd give this figure an 8/10 sure its got some minor flaws but overall hasbro has really captured this character in figure form.

« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 12:19:34 PM by wraithnine »
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline clonemedic96

• Captain
  • "Hey Sev, This one looks like your mother."-Scorch
Re: TCW TX-20 Commander Droid (A.K.A. Tactical Droid)
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2010, 11:32:32 AM »
nice review dude, ill definitely pick this guy up!

Offline Clone_General_1977

• Commander
  • "We're Airborne, We're Meant To Be Surrounded"
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2010, 11:51:06 AM »
Excellent Review Jay. I already have one of these and the articulation is somewhat of the commando droid in my opinion. Great review. You were also right about stone. Sucky articulation.

Offline EliteVideoCore

• The customizer from the north!
  • Lieutenant
  • I am EliteVideoCore in the chatroom
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2010, 12:53:57 PM »
I foresee an army of tactical droid repaints from you, Jay. My advisories won't stand a chance against such a vision.... Anyone see what I did there? Darth Sidious....? Clone Wars Season 2....? No one?! ......*sigh*....... :(
« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 08:02:28 AM by CaptainMountie »

droidbait

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2010, 01:56:21 PM »
Loving the review i ordered one of staractionfigures like u i bought it because of your review i love it