Author Topic: How do I make a diaroma?  (Read 2093 times)

Offline boba772

• Boba772
  • Cadet
    • Boba772's Website.
How do I make a diaroma?
« on: January 26, 2010, 09:29:32 PM »
How do I make one? I have never attempted it, but would like to. What should I get? What would I need?
If I have to get more specific, some type of Clone base.  fett Thanks!

-Charley

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: How do I make a diaroma?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2010, 11:09:21 PM »
Yeah, the foamcore would work well for an interior dio. I usually make exterior dios and do what I can to emulate an outside environment. I would like to do one with some building ruins, though.

Offline JTrooper

• Master Toy Maker
  • Colonel
  • Mater Toy Maker
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010, 05:37:18 PM »
It really matters what are you going to make if its the DS you should start with ZNuib Nuib universe and get some decals. That is were I got start it gives you step by step how to make dio's of the DS. If you need help just come to the forums and see some of the dio's that other people have made

Offline hangarbay94

• Imagineering
  • Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2010, 03:08:04 PM »
This guy is the Star Wars Diorama Guru..you'll see tutorials and texture downloads a plenty on his site...

Niub Niub:
http://www.niubniubsuniverse.com/

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2010, 02:59:30 AM »
Mate when making dio's just remember that you don't have to go out and buy heaps of expensive materials to make a great dio. Look around the house first and you will be amazed what you can find and use. eg - cereal boxs, margarine containers, plastic bottles  and the list goes on and on.

You will have to go to the hobby shop and buy glues, plaster etc but we all have to do that at some stage when building dios.  Now the most important thing to remember when building a dio is the composition you have to make sure that you don't have to much or to little on the dio.

Here's a tip on how I see if the dio looks ok, get the figure, vehicle, parts and place them on the base and then place the base/dio in front of a mirror and stand back about 60 cms.  Kneel done  and look into the mirror and look at the base/dio and you will get a different perspective when looking thru the mirror, and you will be able to see if you have to much or to little on it.

Ron

« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 10:33:13 PM by hemble »

Offline banthatootiee6

• Cadet
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2014, 06:51:45 AM »
I am new to this but ive been making masks, custom halloween decorations, crafts etc my whole life. You can buy plaster of paris at walmart very cheaply and also clay that hardens or clay that wont harden unless you bake it. Usually the devil store aka walmart is much cheaper than craft stores. Also I saw a hoth that looked like they used paper mache which can easily be made via corn starch , a few dollars.