Author Topic: TCW Clone Commander Stone  (Read 16777 times)

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
Re: The Clone Wars Clone Commander Stone
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2010, 05:55:33 PM »
problem is the neck post is different from gree and rex/cody/ponds and matchstick so unless your up for major surgery head swaps are out  ,arms are also too skinny   and he cant really be seated as there isnt enough travel on the swivel hips, the leg stance gap is really narrow  i.e you have absolutley NO chance of getting him in the freeco speeder or on a BARC speeder,  belt is unswappable its like hasbro have gone outta their way to really screw clone customisers with this figure. :-[ :-\ >:(
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline JonCC-1004

• Ensign
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2010, 06:00:25 PM »
Great review on a figure I will probably only buy for my kids. The lack of articulation really bums me out. I originally got into TCW fig's for the super articulation and then the ARF troopers with the ball hinged hips made me think that Hasbro had made the perfect figure. To take away points of articulation is STUPID and only serves to save THEM money at OUR cost! If that fig. was going to cost me $3.99 I might get one, as is I will get one for my son but thats about it.

Offline SithLord229

• Lieutenant
  • "Fire the big boob nipple gun!"
    • Star Wars Figure Reviews
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2010, 09:01:39 AM »
Not as bad as I expected. (For a stand to attention-on a shelf figure). I won't be posing this one anyway so the lack of articulation doesn't bother me, but it does to an extent where I don't see Hasbro's logic in doing it. Fair enough they had to make some budget cuts by creating a new sculpt, but if a new sculpt meant less articulation, they should have stuck with the old one, there was nothing wrong with it.

I like the facial sculpt... if it looked like every other clone in my collection. His face when compared to Ponds is so different anyone would think they weren't clones but 2 different individuals altogether. Needless to say his helmet will be staying on when I get him.

Looks like Bly will be the last "good" clone we get from the line till the new sculpt paves the way for the rest of the GAR ranks.

FAIL Hasbro, of epic proportions!

"Give yourself to the Dark Side"- http://www.YouTube.com/SithLord229

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2010, 10:30:47 AM »
Lets just hope this new body won't be the standard one they use from here on out. Doubt it though.

Offline Ultimate Durge

• Mandalorian
  • Cadet
    • My Customs
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2010, 06:43:55 PM »
Maybee this guy you bouth it from made it in his garage hahaha

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2010, 01:29:33 AM »
Wow that figure is horrible. I would only buy him for my collection and to be carded, maybe spud or someone could be able to fix everything though....
(Squirepec runs to get his tools and checkbook.)

the only way to make the fix worthwile would be get the figure for the helmet and head(or not purchase that figure at all and boycot it, find a suitable helmet and head from another better figure and deal with the lack of tatoos) and swap out the head and helmet onto an arf trooper body...  then paint to match the correct color scheme.

I could do the part swapping and building the figure but there is no way that I'd be able to get the paint to look as good as a stock figure with that many tiny details....   which could be another reason hasbro went with a new sculpt that would cut tooling costs, because the detailing is so small and precise. 

which brings up a good hasbro question, How do they put on those tiny details in the factory?! is it hand painted or are they some kind of super secret decal/transfer that is applied by hand?  or is it all done by a machine?  and if by a machine is it paint or is it a transfer of some kind....?

Offline Ultimate Durge

• Mandalorian
  • Cadet
    • My Customs

Offline SithLord229

• Lieutenant
  • "Fire the big boob nipple gun!"
    • Star Wars Figure Reviews
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2010, 06:10:03 AM »
Just received this guy in the mail from staractionfigures.co.uk
Had a little chuckle to myself that the Nahdar sticker is on the packaging when we in the UK already have him... muhahahahaha!
Ahem, anyway, Stone isn't as bad as I thought he would be.
Appearance-wise, he slaughters the other Clones, he looks wicked! Only problem is his head doesn't fit in with the rest of the clones that have been made.
He stands pretty well & as Jay pointed out in his review, one leg is NOT longer than the other (at least on this version, which leads me to thinking that Jays was a prototype since it came from a foreign eBay seller).
He can hold his helmet under his arm with no problems other than he can't hold the rim thanks to the lack of hinges in the wrist.
Paint apps are excellent & the sculpt, from a display point of view is terrific, from a play value point of view he's not so great due to the lack of articulation.
I'm pleased with him though & I think once people have the official release of this guy in their hands, they will soon see that the "Terrible, Awful" comments that this fella got are merely just exaggerations as he is, to an extent, a pretty OK figure.

Still, Hasbro shouldn't have replaced the sculpt! LOL
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 06:14:31 AM by SithLord229 »

"Give yourself to the Dark Side"- http://www.YouTube.com/SithLord229

Offline Dael

• Cadet
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2010, 06:41:07 AM »
If it wasn't for the lack of articulations, I think he would be quite okay since Hasbro corrected the elbow pad thingy . Just compare the pictures below :) .
(I hope Jay's doesn't mind me using his pic as a reference)

Check out the elbow pads on the clones on the left and on the right .

Compared to Commander Stone's figure . Viola ! *pats Hasbro on the back* .

Offline EliteVideoCore

• The customizer from the north!
  • Lieutenant
  • I am EliteVideoCore in the chatroom
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2010, 08:09:32 AM »
NO ANKLES?! *smashes face against computer monitor* Those legs do look awkward...

Offline CloneCaptainV2224

• Clone Trooper helmet customs
  • Lieutenant
    • STar Wars Reviews
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2010, 03:00:15 PM »
when u read this, u will have a bad day, LoL.
well i believe that this will be the standard clone body for 2010, it happened the same in 2008-2009 when they released at the 212th attack battalion trooper the new helmet sculpt and it remained the helmet sculpt and will remain for ever. i believe this is the new Clone sculpt which SUCKS!!!!!

Vlad I.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2010, 11:42:45 AM »
We have some clarification about whether this will be the new definitive tooling for all newer clones. It is over in the Hasbro Q and A thread.

Offline EliteVideoCore

• The customizer from the north!
  • Lieutenant
  • I am EliteVideoCore in the chatroom
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2010, 04:08:46 PM »
  I sure hope hasbro smartens up.... for there sake.... Foolish toy designers don't know the power of the DARK SIDE vadsab

Offline poucher

• Cadet
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2010, 11:43:51 AM »
im sorry but cant people just make a custom super arty version

Offline poucher

• Cadet
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2010, 12:11:38 PM »
i was a bit cheaky there wasnt i sorry but  you got to admit it was a brilliant review but the coolness looks mint and it is good for kids like me evan those i am a 10 year old i still play with my toys so it is good for me