Author Topic: Clone Wars Speeder Bike with Count Dooku  (Read 2492 times)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Clone Wars Speeder Bike with Count Dooku
« on: December 21, 2009, 09:47:25 AM »
Picked this one up at a TRU for $17.95?

As seen in the Clone Wars animated movie and series, this is Count Dooku and his speeder bike.

The Dooku figure while wildly exaggerated in the Animated style, is very super arty which is a surprise to me as in this line, it's usually the clones who get the superarty treatment and no one else. He has ball jointed hips to help him sit  properly on his speeder. He includes his lightsaber and a nifty looking removable hooded cloak with a mounted plastic chain clasp at the neck which looks really nice on the softgoods cloak.

His speeder features movable pegged footrests and an adjustable footrest carrage assembly which makes it nice for mounting of various figures so that their position while seated will look natural. There is a mounted seatbelt which is a chore to get a figure through to position onto the seat but does help hold the figure in place once he's there. The paint apps on my copy could have been a little neater and the speeder's controls could have had some more detail but all in all, It is a nice looking bike.

Once again, I had a chore getting the diorama display part of the packaging to separate from the rest of the box without tearing it apart. This operation requires some scissors, a sharp knife, patience, and about 10 min of your time. The end result is a nice little backdrop but looks funny with a repulsor-lift speeder in it that has no stand. A little clear plastic stand could have helped in this case.
  I'm not really keen on the wildly exaggerated look of the Dooku sculpt but can probably find a Legacy version that will sit in this speeder.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 09:54:36 AM by Clonehead »

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Clone Wars Speeder Bike with Count Dooku
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 09:49:27 AM »
pics

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2009, 09:50:37 AM »
pics

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2009, 09:51:52 AM »
pics

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2009, 09:53:11 AM »
pics

Offline Jedihunter226

• Lieutenant
  • Do you like your army?
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2009, 11:43:06 AM »
Looks like a great figure and speeder! I'm not a big fan of the clone wars but it looks like a great toy to be played with! With a full articulation.  :)
"Someday I will be the most powerful Jedi ever"

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2010, 09:11:18 PM »
the real question here is whether or not a geonosian figure will sit on this bike...

in the established ROTS information on this bike it's said that it's a geonosian speeder built specifically for the geonosian's, but because of their similar anatomy a human being can comfortably pilot it...  dooku only uses it because it's convienient in the movie... why he is seen with it again in the clone wars movie on tatooine is anyone's guess.... ::)

I think the only reason I'd get this bike is to add it to my collection of speeder bikes in general, so far I've passed on it.  I just don't care for the bike's design...

and I agree with you clint, the exagerated animated style they went with dooku is just way too exagerated...

Offline dana.raye.smith

• Commodore
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2010, 09:33:18 PM »
Yes the CW Dooku is a very animated style fig... but I think the articulation makes up for the faults.
Softgoods look great... and the bike looks real nice.
It looks like something worth picking up... the only problem being the price...
Just more than I want to pay for it.
I have been lucky thus far and never paid full price for anything if this packaging/line.
I hope my luck continues. I have seen plenty of these, and passed due to price... or volume of other stuff I saw as more essential for my collection.
Great pics and nice review again Clint.

Offline Ultimate Durge

• Mandalorian
  • Cadet
    • My Customs
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2010, 10:25:02 PM »
nice review haven't seen one of this figure till now.
Can't go wrong with full articulation
ill wait till it goes on clearance

droidbait

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2010, 02:57:31 PM »
great review i always wanted this vehicle