Author Topic: Jedi Trial  (Read 1534 times)

Offline night force cynic

• Captain
Jedi Trial
« on: January 12, 2010, 11:51:22 AM »
I posted about this book in my blog section too. 

I've just started re-reading STAR WARS: Jedi Trial (by fantasy military authors David Sherman and Daniel Cragg) and I'm enjoying as much as I did the first time.   It's somewhat obscure at this point, most often [unfairly] overlooked novel in the saga but it deserves a read.   The book chronicles one of the hundreds of conflicts fought in the 3-year long War , it is told mostly from the viewpoint of a non-Republic military force, so its a different spin on what we're used to.   Anakin is still a padawan in it, its the story that leads to the Council's decision to Knight him.   He travels with a purely EU rooted Jedi Master to a small world to fight a battle with 4 military forces at work and its his actions on that mission that finally get recognized as worthy of being a full fledged Jedi in the  eyes of Windu and Yoda, they put their mistrust aside for awhile. 

The timeline of it, its preestablished place in the canon continuity, has been thrown off by TCW cartoon just like the timeline of so much the Clone Wars literature (novels and comics) so I just think of this book now as taking place shortly before TCW movie.   

I can't stand Asajj Ventress as a character but even she's tolerable in the book.    LOL

Offline night force cynic

• Captain
Re: Jedi Trial
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2010, 11:57:54 AM »
P.S.   No, I'm not reading the novel in a foreign language.   ^-^   I posted the Japanese edition's cover art because it's 10 times cooler than the cover of the US editions.