Author Topic: Princess Leia BD17  (Read 2235 times)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Princess Leia BD17
« on: January 14, 2010, 07:19:25 PM »
Normally priced at $7.46, I got this one in a blockbuster value 2 for 1 pack at Walmart.

We haven't gotten a slave Leia since the POTF version which I have MOC somewhere.  This version is a real piece of work as far as articulation, detail, and accessories go. She includes a drinking glass, a skiff guard staff, interchangeable legs from a fully articulated standing set, to a one piece molded sitting set with pillow. While her standing set of legs don't offer ball jointed hips, aside from Clone Wars clone figures, I have never seen Hasbro offer such complete articulation to such a petite figure before. Her cloth under gown looks fairly accurate and allows me to take some pics that don't reveal anything too racy. Her neck chain piece moves independently from her ball-jointed head and overall, she is quite posable. The only downside to any of the sculpting in this figure is the face which isn't a perfect representation of Carrie Fischer but doesn't miss the mark by much. While the leg swap option is pretty cool, I wish that Hasbro would have used some kind of different connecting peg that would more securely hold the two halves together. As you are posing the figure, sometimes the two halves fall apart from each other which can get frustrating.

This figure came with the torso section of the R3-M3 BAD figure and a Qui Gon redemption form.

I had originally bought this one to sell but am so impressed by it's execution, I think I am going to hold on to it.
Tomorrow, I will see if I can find my vintage ROTJ Jabba the Hutt and pose her with him for some pics.

Another winner for Hasbro! Why couldn't they have pulled off this great articulation with the Clone Wars Cad Bane figure who is about this skinny?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 06:33:34 PM by Clonehead »

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Princess Leia BD17
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2010, 07:20:33 PM »
Pics

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2010, 07:21:44 PM »
pics

Offline TheCloneCommander

• Commodore
    • TheCloneCommander
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2010, 08:11:51 PM »
a nice looking figure and great review clint i wish we would get some new stock over here but to get to see these reviews here is like having them in hand here....
not really, who am i kidding hasbro give us aussie's some new figures PLEASE!!!!

A well-built sniper rifle is a beautiful thing. Ours has two zoom modes, "Up close and personal" and "Hello, you're dead

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2010, 08:48:23 PM »
after all the hype about this figure I was realy disapointed when I opened it.  I know that hasbro wanted to accurately scale her height with the other figures... but seriously... she looks like a pudgy midget.  It looks like they took a picture of carrie and then squished it to the right height without keeping the aspect ratio the same....  ::) 

if they had given her a little bit more slender physique in the hips and waist I think the figure would be perfect.   

as for the multible bottoms option, it's rediculous and worthless as far as I'm concerened.  Look at the figure with the poseable legs on it strait on and there is a gap between the bottom of her stomach and the sides of her hips... this gap is gone when on the sitting solid legs which makes me believe that hasbro sculpted the figure with intentions of ONLY having the solid sculpted legs in there to begin with and only added the extra set as an afterthought and because of this didn't make sure that the sculpting matched up correctly.

all in all this was a figure I wish I hadn't wasted my money on....
untill I find a suitable fix for the legs and hip articulation on this figure I will consider it a wasted purchase.

Offline Ultimate Durge

• Mandalorian
  • Cadet
    • My Customs
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2010, 02:56:07 AM »
the only thing i don't like about the value pack is that hasbro used too much glue  on the card :'(
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 03:23:59 PM by Ultimate Durge »

Offline B.R. Steel

• Colonel
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2010, 10:42:59 AM »
I got me 3 of these.  Two for openers displayed with both sets of legs.  The third is my MOC.  Yeah, the pelvis is too wide on the articulated legs; but I find I don't notice it unless I pull her skirt up.