Author Topic: Something Wicked This Way Comes...  (Read 3967 times)

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
Something Wicked This Way Comes...
« on: October 09, 2011, 07:31:52 PM »
Ok, so I've decided that I want to do a group of customs, based on new Super Heroes I've come up with in my mind.  I've always liked Super Heroes, and who as a kid (or even adult) didn't want to be one when they grew up?  I'm not sure exactly how many I am going to do, or what the name of their group will be yet.  I'd love to do a web-comic, but I don't have anywhere near the skill, graphically, to do so.  I'd also like to do something along the lines of what Zedhatch does with his 1:18th Town, but don't want to blatantly rip him off either.  Hell, I may just make them and leave it at that.  Anyway, here is the first of the group...

Name: Smashrock, "Rocky."
Smashrock is a very old Earth Troll, long since driven underground to dwell.  No longer content to allow the Earth to be destroyed as it has been by the humans, Smashrock has decided to return to the surface and protect the Earth, as well as it's topsoil dwellers.  Average in size for his kind, Smashrock is incredibly strong, with concrete-like skin able to withstand blades and light projectiles.  Aside from his enormous strength, Smashrock is capable of commanding the earth below his feet to do his bidding, such as creating rock-armor, raising the earth to attack his enemies, and riding waves of earth over long distances.  Smashrock carries a broadsword, crafted from the finest, most dense materials and forged in the eternal fires of the Earth's very core, making it virtually indestructible, never losing its fine edge.

Recipe:
Marvel Universe World War Hulk body and accessories
Star Wars Borskk Fey'yla head.
Yes, I know it's an incredibly easy recipe and basically a head swap, but it seemed to go together SO well, and exactly what I had envisioned when I thought up this character.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 07:10:33 PM by Phatty »

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Something Wicked This Way Comes...
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2011, 04:18:39 AM »
Pat I think this is a great idea! Very cool conceot and character! Bravo!

Offline hangarbay94

• Imagineering
  • Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2011, 04:32:57 AM »
Niiiice! I love the idea and it's great to see something fresh on the forum. Love the paint job and oddly the head looks great!

It's also great to see you appear on the custom figure forum, I hope that this becomes a more regular occurance...

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2011, 04:45:52 AM »
Cool deal Pat. Man, I hope you make some type of novel or something out of em. Why not just make up a great story and then perhaps do a couple shots of your customs together in a make shift diorama acting out one of your story scenes? I have to admit I really do like reading your fiction.

Now this figure looks great and I must admit I wish I had purchases all of those hulk figures when I saw em here and there. It is an excellent base figure for so many things. I do agree that the head works on this pretty good.

Offline Art deWhill

• Marshal
  • I am making this up as I go.
    • Art deWhill's Canvas
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2011, 04:54:08 AM »
Pat I think this is a great idea! Very cool conceot and character! Bravo!

I second that :)  O0

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2011, 08:32:59 AM »
Thanks everybody!  I haven't done any customs in such a long time, mostly due to artistic block and time.  Since I'm off work until November, time isn't an issue anymore, and this guy kinda created himself!  Now I just need to name him....

Offline RavenEye

• Colonel
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2011, 10:14:42 AM »
Wow! I betcha that was one of the Bothans that didn't die retrieving the plans to the DStar 2. Awesome character P. This body sure is becoming popular, wish I could find one.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2011, 10:35:59 AM »
I see this guy almost weekly, so maybe I should start picking some up for the Yarders.  Yeah, I'd love to see this guy go up against some of the Imperials when cornered.  Bet that movie would've gone a different way!

Offline Dirty Gloves

• Lighting Up Your Life
  • Ensign
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2011, 10:37:29 AM »
Terrific paint apps. Nice work
All of my customs in one convenient place ... http://www.flickr.com/photos/36398360@N05/

Offline CaptainLux

• "Get the order and execute it. Let the generals sort out the rest." -CC-5052
  • Fleet Admiral
  • Captain Lux 327th Star Corps
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2011, 02:57:49 PM »
Thats one awesome custom,  great job on it!

Damien.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2011, 09:08:36 AM »
It feels good to branch out away from the norm sometimes. Pat, I love that figure! I will be watching this thread for sure.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2011, 07:08:46 PM »
Ok, so my latest completed piece of this team is finished, though I'm not entirely sure about her.  Her costume is a dark purple, but it shows up as black in pictures.

Code Name: Port
Power: Teleportation, limited only to any place she has seen or been to, regardless of distance. 
Port discovered her ability to teleport, albeit completely by accident, as a toddler.  Able to open portals to any location she has been to, or seen in a picture of any kind, her parents found it incredibly difficult to keep tabs on their young daughter.  Port teleported to Italy as a young teenager after reading all about it in History class in school, and when she returned home, her parents had left, leaving behind all of their possessions.  Port was left on her own, and used her talents for her own personal goals.  Having no family, no home, Port bounced around all over the globe, learning what she could, stealing when it was necessary, and eventually bumped into a charismatic young man who goes by the name Jolt, who has the ability to generate blasts of intensely powerful energy matter.  Jolt took her under his wing and taught her to use her powers for for the benefit of mankind.

Additionally, here are some other members of this little experiment I'm working on.  Bear in mind, the rest of these are far from done.

Code Name: Flashpoint
Powers: Able to conjure and manipulate fire, as well as conjure and direct lightning.  Flashpoint is able to combine the two powers to create devastating electrified fireballs.  Additionally, Flashpoint is able to ride lightning bolts, travelling to any destination he chooses at the speed of light.

It is unknown where Flashpoint got his powers.  It is known, however, that he burnt off his own face while trying to learn to harness both powers simultaneously.  Little else is known about him, as he is a very private, angry person who has no distaste for humans, though isn't really fond of them either.  He does, however, get along VERY well with Smashrock, as their personalities are very similar.

Code Name: Jolt
Powers: Able to generate incredibly powerful blasts of energy matter, seemingly out of nowhere.  Able to store such energies in his body, giving him enhanced strength and reflexes, and can focus his discharged powers into solid beams, or incredible blasts.

Jolt got his powers from a controlled chemical experiment that somehow went wrong, yet only resulted in his new powers.  A brilliant biochemist with multiple Ph.Ds in Biology, Chemistry, and Physics, his experiment was to only yield a new chemical that would power combustible mechanics with a cheap, lab created energy.  Jolt is still looking for the cause of the error in his calculations.  Seeking others of his kind with enhanced personas, Jolt feels he can better the whole World if the right people do the right thing.

Code Name: Aquos
Powers: Ability to pull any moisture within her immediate person to create any number of uses for the water, from focused beams able to slice through the most hardened metals, to force fields capable of withstanding incredible blasts.  She can also ride waves of water anywhere she needs to go, and can create air pockets within the water in which she can travel below the surface of any body of water.

Aquos claims to be a Water Nymph, though no records of any such creatures ever existing on Earth throughout History.  Aquos claims she is older beyond recorded history, again with no evidence to support or refute her claims.  Mysterious, but incredibly powerful and smart, she eagerly follows along with Jolt, Port, Smashrock, and Flashpoint.

Unknown hero

Unknown Villain

Offline RavenEye

• Colonel
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2011, 07:14:56 PM »
Wow, these dudes look tough! I like Jolt!

Offline CaptainLux

• "Get the order and execute it. Let the generals sort out the rest." -CC-5052
  • Fleet Admiral
  • Captain Lux 327th Star Corps
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2011, 11:11:46 AM »
Super cool customs pat, indeed jolt is awesome!

Damien.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2011, 11:16:17 AM »
Thanks guys!  I just ordered a couple of heads from Slayer Design Studios for these guys, including a new one for Flashpoint and one for the unknown Hero.

I put 2nd coats on Jolt and Flashpoint today, as well as started on Aquos.  Waiting for them to dry nicely, and want to go to a hobby store to see if I can find some 1/32" pinstriping for their costumes.  I suck at free-painting thin, straight lines, so I think this'll make a huge difference.