Author Topic: Avatar earns $1 billion at the Box Office  (Read 1153 times)

Offline James T. Kirk

• Banned
  • Lieutenant
Avatar earns $1 billion at the Box Office
« on: January 07, 2010, 06:18:09 PM »
Wow, Avatar has only been in theatres for three weeks, and has already made $1 billion worldwide.

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2010/01/03/avatar-earns-1-billion-worldwide-in-the-sunday-box-office-report/

I've been hearing a lot of good things about this movie, I know some people who have seen it five times already, and want to go watch it again. For those of you who have seen it, should I see it at a regular theatre, or see it in 3D?

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Avatar earns $1 billion at the Box Office
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, 06:35:34 PM »
Captain, I wrote a review for this one, here . I wished that I had seen it in a non 3-d format but, the 3-d version is an experience that shouldn't be missed. Use your own judgment but if you do go to the 3-d version, just don't sit too close to the screen. If you are further back, you might be able to focus on more things at once.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 06:37:10 PM by Clonehead »

Offline James T. Kirk

• Banned
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 07:07:38 PM »
I apologize, I didn't read through the threads before posting. Great review Clint, just read it. I'd really like to see this in theatre soon. I'll probably just see the regular movie, depending on how expensive 3D is.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2010, 07:10:31 PM »
I saw this in the regular theatre with the glasses and loved it. The wife liked it too.