Author Topic: The Grand Army of the Republic. (comments and opinions)  (Read 10667 times)

Offline CloneCaptainV2224

• Clone Trooper helmet customs
  • Lieutenant
    • STar Wars Reviews
Re: The Grand Army of the Republic. (comments and opinions)
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2010, 09:42:20 AM »
my bad Rex's are Jesse, Hardcase and Kix, Crys is one of Cody's troops
thx mate. i did put them at the legions so check the legions out! cheers!

Vlad I.

• Lieutenant
    • STar Wars Reviews
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2010, 09:42:54 AM »
under pilot squads you could put blue squadron, led by Ahsoka Tano members: Axe, Slammer, Kickback, Tucker, Swoop
  did forgot their name! thanks!

Vlad I.

Offline Squirepec7

• Clone Creator Extreme
  • Banned
  • Commodore
  • "All right clankers, SUCK LASER!"Clone Trooper Jek
    • JediMaster432
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2010, 06:42:07 PM »
Sypho Diaz was an actuall Jedi Master who Dooku tricked into starting the clone army and then killed. I know this because he has his own Wookieepedia article and he is in the Dark Horse comics.
"Army or not, you must realize you are DOOMED!"

• Lieutenant
    • STar Wars Reviews
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2010, 12:45:35 PM »
Sypho Diaz was an actuall Jedi Master who Dooku tricked into starting the clone army and then killed. I know this because he has his own Wookieepedia article and he is in the Dark Horse comics.
ok, thx for info

Vlad I.

Offline dana.raye.smith

• Commodore
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2010, 02:10:20 PM »
A clone marshall commander, such as Cody, were clone trooper commanders elevated to the rank of clone marshall commander and placed in command of a corps level formation in the GAR. As such, they would be the equivalent of a major general or lieutenant general in other services.
They would be allowed latitude in strategy and tactics when planning battles and formations, as well as recieve little oversight when enacting these strategies.
A few notable Clone Marshall Commanders are :Commander Bly of the 327th Star Corps , Commander Cody of the 7th Sky Corps, Commander Bacara of the 21st Nova Corps(which contains the Galactic Marines), Commander Neyo of the 91st Reconnaissance Corps, and Commander Appo of the 501st Legion.
This information was referenced from Wookieepedia and the "Guide to the Grand Army of the Republic" article by Karen Traviss and Ryan Kaufman printed in SW Insider 84.

• Lieutenant
    • STar Wars Reviews
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2010, 03:06:38 PM »
A clone marshall commander, such as Cody, were clone trooper commanders elevated to the rank of clone marshall commander and placed in command of a corps level formation in the GAR. As such, they would be the equivalent of a major general or lieutenant general in other services.
They would be allowed latitude in strategy and tactics when planning battles and formations, as well as recieve little oversight when enacting these strategies.
A few notable Clone Marshall Commanders are :Commander Bly of the 327th Star Corps , Commander Cody of the 7th Sky Corps, Commander Bacara of the 21st Nova Corps(which contains the Galactic Marines), Commander Neyo of the 91st Reconnaissance Corps, and Commander Appo of the 501st Legion.
This information was referenced from Wookieepedia and the "Guide to the Grand Army of the Republic" article by Karen Traviss and Ryan Kaufman printed in SW Insider 84.
u forgot Commander Gree but great info!

Vlad I.

Offline clones are awesome

• Commander
  • fear! fear attracts the fearful fear is my aly.
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2010, 10:49:33 PM »
Gerat listing ;D and i think fives and echow are in the 501st.

• Lieutenant
    • STar Wars Reviews
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2010, 01:23:13 AM »
Gerat listing ;D and i think fives and echow are in the 501st.
yes they are. i didn't write em'?

Vlad I.

Offline dax415

• Lieutenant
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2010, 02:33:27 PM »
Was there going to be a section on Republic Commandos and ARC Troopers?  I'd like to know more about them, though the Republic Commandos seem to be the only group of significant numbers between the two groups.

• Lieutenant
    • STar Wars Reviews
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2010, 05:46:41 AM »
Was there going to be a section on Republic Commandos and ARC Troopers?  I'd like to know more about them, though the Republic Commandos seem to be the only group of significant numbers between the two groups.
well that's a good point. there aren't really a few  Rep comandos squads. the most known are Delta, Omega and there was another one i think alpha as well (As the ARC trooper), but i'm not sure what's it's name... as you can see i don't really know many about comandos because i am not a big fan of them but if you want to know anything about ARC's i can tell ya' ! just ask!

Thanks

Vlad I.

Offline dax415

• Lieutenant
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2010, 04:50:17 PM »
The only thing I know is that ARC Troopers were hand picked by Jango, suppose to be the best of the best and were to be trained by him exclusively till he was killed by Mace Windu.  Other than observation like the one called "Alpha"? Who served with Kenobi and the Hunt for Grievous Battle Pack, I don't know much at all about them.  I'm assuming the Mandalorians in the Republic Elite Forces finished the ARC Trooper and Republic Commando Training?  I would be interested in knowing as much about them as possible. 

As for the RC's , if Delta Squad was made up of Commandos from other squads, then at one time there were at least 5 other squads just from that group alone.  So these guys were more numerous than ARC Troopers.  I'm hoping someone could shed more light on that later on as the only info I know comes from playing the Republic Commando video game itself.... made me a fan!

So please ..... share ALL  ()rr

Offline CodyCommander

• Cody's next successor.
  • Cadet
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2010, 03:54:10 PM »
Yes if you search the web there are maybe 100 squads. Most die on Geonosis. Yes the most well known squads are Omega, Delta, and Yayax squads. There should be a section for them great idea. ;D
"General Kenobi, drop something?"

Offline dax415

• Lieutenant
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2010, 05:22:36 PM »
did some more research, there was a "Ion" RC squad , they disobeyed orders and saved several of their Jedi friends.  When Vader found out he killed half the squad and had the other two hunted, nothing more is mentioned other than they went rogue and the true story was covered up.  I think it would be cool if a rogue RC squad was partly responsible  for helping the spies retrieve the deathstar plans.

• Lieutenant
    • STar Wars Reviews
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2010, 01:36:59 AM »
The only thing I know is that ARC Troopers were hand picked by Jango, suppose to be the best of the best and were to be trained by him exclusively till he was killed by Mace Windu.  Other than observation like the one called "Alpha"? Who served with Kenobi and the Hunt for Grievous Battle Pack, I don't know much at all about them.  I'm assuming the Mandalorians in the Republic Elite Forces finished the ARC Trooper and Republic Commando Training?  I would be interested in knowing as much about them as possible. 

As for the RC's , if Delta Squad was made up of Commandos from other squads, then at one time there were at least 5 other squads just from that group alone.  So these guys were more numerous than ARC Troopers.  I'm hoping someone could shed more light on that later on as the only info I know comes from playing the Republic Commando video game itself.... made me a fan!

So please ..... share ALL  ()rr
the ARF's from hunt for Grievous battle pack were led by Capt. Fordo, not Alpha. Alpha fought on Kamino after the battle on Geonosis with Obi-Wan. i've read he got gravely injured i think and remained only a Capt. or Cmdr. and ARC trooper and Cmdr. trainer.;)

Vlad I.