Author Topic: Jedi Ki-Adi Mundi - x 2  (Read 8071 times)

Offline night force cynic

• Captain
Jedi Ki-Adi Mundi - x 2
« on: December 28, 2009, 05:22:31 PM »
For a guy with a ubiquitous kung-fu beard and a cone shaped head that never changed AT ALL in the prequels, Ki-Adi Mundi proves to be a pretty versatile character with these two radically different (almost contradictory) looks.

Republic comic Mundi is from a storyline where he travelled to Tatooine to find a Jedi that was posing as a Tusken Raider.  The storyline is kind of irrelevant to me IMO, this Tusken here and his son (who had a figure in another comic pack few years ago) just make nice new additional “Sand People” figures as far as I’m concerned.  
This version of Ki-Adi here is is dressed in simple tunic and a greatly detailed sun hat, he is perfectly suite to many harsh or uncomfortable environments [beyond the desert] on many other planets.   I like this design a lot more than the costume Silas Carson wore in the prequels just because it’s really unique.  Personally I’m happy Hasbro immortalized this in plastic, this is my default version of Mundi, as none of the accurate movie figures did it for me.

Concept art Mundi is just plain bad ass looking.   I LOVE concept design figures anyway because the creativity behind is usually somewhat more interesting anything in the movie.  The art for Mundi that was all BUT dead after 3 years of constant fighting in the Clone Wars was 19 times better than the totally unchanged ROTS from AOTC and TPM Mundi on the screen (lame, lame, LAME).
But concept or not, this take on Master Ki-Adi is just amazing, and it deserves to have a spotlight.  Seriously, he is all buccaneer, hardened warrior, old war horse, I’ve-done-shit-you-don’t-want-to-imagine AWESOME.   I’m ecstatic a toy was made of this art.  

[fanboy commentary:  In fact this figure is so cool I’m considering changing his story to say he was nearly dead in his plain brown cloack from Order 66 (as seen in the movie) but he retreated into a Force stasis healing state and laid low till long afterBacara’s troops had moved on before he escaped Mygeeto to the way Outer Rim or even Corporate Sector to hide and wound up adopting these digs, looking like an unassuming merchant.  NO ONE dares ask if the patch is just for show or if his eye really is missing/scarred.]

« Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 05:26:12 PM by night force cynic »

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Jedi Ki-Adi Mundi - x 2
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2009, 07:21:52 PM »
Nice comparison review, NFC. That first shot of comic pack Ki reminds me of Gandalf.

Offline zedhatch

• Commodore
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2009, 11:02:42 PM »
The storyline you are refering to is called Outlander and is possibly my favorite EU story ever.   Oh and the Tuskin he is packed with (Sharard Hett) is the father to A'Sharard Hett who becomes: OK I won't spoil it, but he is a huge character in the EU future. 

Oh but he is Ki-adi's Padewan first. 

Updates Mon-Fri every week, also reviews and much much more.

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2009, 11:13:36 PM »
The storyline you are refering to is called Outlander and is possibly my favorite EU story ever.   Oh and the Tuskin he is packed with (Sharard Hett) is the father to A'Sharard Hett who becomes: OK I won't spoil it, but he is a huge character in the EU future. 
post Order 66 and the march of time leading to Legacy and his HUGE role there is where his story gets really interesting...

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2009, 06:59:01 AM »
No fans of Ki-Adi Mundi on this board or was my review of the figures just super dull?

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2009, 07:08:05 AM »
no mate you made an excellent review

I found the concept Ki-Adi last week, really a great figure. I'm very happy with him

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2009, 07:14:27 AM »
Sweet, another great review. I do like the concept look. Wish they had shown us him looking like this in the movies. Still another one I will fp and archive. Thanks NFC.

• Captain
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2009, 07:17:30 AM »
oh I see, this guy just overshadowed by the lethal YV droid and the Commando droid, that's okay   :)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2009, 12:24:03 PM »
oh I see, this guy just overshadowed by the lethal YV droid and the Commando droid, that's okay   :)

LOL. Oh no he will have his place too. I just got finished with a lot of html work before I saw this.

Offline beige-4

• When the unknown speak , people listen .
  • Banned
  • Admiral
  • your famous ! bask in it !
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2010, 12:14:30 PM »
great reveiw mate i hope they dont screw up making animated version tho

Offline pedro1138

• Ensign
  • Time to pay up, Hutt. I don't work for free.
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2010, 05:02:20 PM »
Man this review is awesome! I have never really been into Ki, mostly because I agree with you that his movie versions were pretty dull. I really like the concept fig it has all of the wardened old warrior feel that made me like Rahm Kota. I also really like how this review is what you think of the figures not just a description, particullarly your fan fic about what happens to Ki. Do some more reviews I look forward to reading them.

Offline dana.raye.smith

• Commodore
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2010, 06:13:03 PM »
Great x2 review.
I really like both of these figs.
I still havent gotten the concept Ki Adi yet... the 1 I found in store was great, but I had to chase down my kids...
I think it had a different BAD piece than what was in the little sticker picture on it... One I wasnt really interested in because I had it already....
and when I got back by the figs, it was gone. I will find another though.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2010, 10:28:02 AM »
I need to get this bad boy on the front page here before too long and into the archives. I have a Gungan warrior to do too. Please folks, I will make sure, I front page and archive any decent review with a review and pics. It might take me awhile as I always have a ton of site html work to do and as this isn't my main job yet I do have to put things like work, family, etc. sometimes in the forefront. Not always though! I love these reviews.

• Captain
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2010, 04:04:18 PM »
I need to get this bad boy on the front page here before too long and into the archives. I have a Gungan warrior to do too. Please folks, I will make sure, I front page and archive any decent review with a review and pics. It might take me awhile as I always have a ton of site html work to do and as this isn't my main job yet I do have to put things like work, family, etc. sometimes in the forefront. Not always though! I love these reviews.
no worries

this is just a hobby for most of us with real life surrounding it all, I definitely understand