Author Topic: new KOTOR coming  (Read 4845 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
new KOTOR coming
« on: July 21, 2008, 05:05:59 PM »
just watching G4 and they confirmed they are working on a new one.

Offline Schraith

• Ensign
Re: new KOTOR coming
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2008, 01:49:55 PM »
Ya but its an MMORPG, and we all know what happened with Galaxies   :'(
Star Wars is not about the characters or plot...its about people settling their differences with ungodly amounts of hate and violence.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2008, 03:04:11 PM »
I'm REALLY hoping that they change this.  I REFUSE to pay to play a game I already paid for.  I'm not going to pay $60 for a game, plus $50/year for Xbox Live Gold, plus the $20-$30 per whatever time period just to play that game.  Talk about a rip off.  Not to mention I only play games when I have time.  I don't have the luxury of sitting at home all day and night and play games.  I love the era and franchise, and would not even think twice about shelling out the $60 for the 3rd game if it were set up the same way.  I'd even pay for it if it gave you the option of regular RPG or MMORPG.

Offline Obi-Sean Kenobi

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2008, 10:35:43 AM »
I'm with you. I really don't care for MMOs. I would have prefered just a KOTOR III insread.
"I feel a great disturbance in the force... , though it might just be gas."

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2008, 07:43:16 AM »
I am not a big fan on online game playing. I have enough stress in my life than getting my arse handed to me by 12 year olds on line. I like simple games I can play at home and at my own pace. I agree with Pat, that it really stinks that there are extra fees to add in with certain games, you would think buying the game would be enough to pay for the "rights" to play online.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2008, 07:55:14 AM »
Not only that, but throw in the cost of Live as well.  SO you're paying $60 for the game, $50/year for Live, and then the additional monthly or yearly cost to play it online?  Sounds like double dipping if you ask me!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2008, 03:01:52 PM »
I think that it is a raw deal that you have to pay for x-box live. Don't they get that you are paying for an internet connection anyway? You think that they would make it free and make their money by selling content online.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2008, 07:05:57 PM »
Xbox Live has 2 levels: Silver and Gold.  Silver is free, and you have complete access to the Marketplace, where you can download demos and updates to games you own, as well as purchase skins, gamertags, and edit your profile.  Gold allows you to play others online.  So if you wanted to play against your buddy in Halo 3, you'd need Gold level.  Still, it's ridiculous to have to pay extra to play a game you already paid for.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2008, 02:45:48 PM »
I just read in Game Informer magazine that the new KOTOR is indeed going to be a MMO.  I am disappointed. 

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
Star Wars: The Old Republic
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2008, 07:49:44 PM »
Well, it's official, the new MMO is titled, "The Old Republic!"  It's set 300 years after the events of KotOR 2.  I haven't checked out the site myself just yet, but I had to get word out ASAP!  So what do you guys think, are you buying this concept?  No pun intended!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2008, 03:50:13 AM »
I think they should have used KOTOR in the name myself. As far as gettting the game ole Tamer hasn't even gotten the FU yet. :'(

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2009, 10:36:43 AM »
just watched an awesome game design video of this. The world this is played on; Typhon, just looks awesome. The front page has the link.

Offline masterfett

• Lieutenant
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2009, 11:30:16 PM »
I just read in Game Informer magazine that the new KOTOR is indeed going to be a MMO.  I am disappointed. 
Well too bad for me, guess my days of playing SW games are over if this is the format they're going to! >:(

Offline narceron

• Sirian Naval Commander
  • Brigadier
    • Narceron.com(defunct)
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2009, 11:10:33 AM »
I think that it is a raw deal that you have to pay for x-box live. Don't they get that you are paying for an internet connection anyway? You think that they would make it free and make their money by selling content online.

or they can charge you for live and for content, :)

I don't like monthly fees, but xbox live is the exception.  I think 4 bucks a month is fine for what they provide.  PS3's online is free, but its not nearly as good.

Incidently, the wii friends channel is awesome and free, but not a lot going on, but mario cart multiplayer is just as good as xbox gold if you ask me.

But a monthly fee to play a game?  I don't get what my 15 bucks a month buys.  I played galaxies for 3 months, it wasn't worth it.

Offline Schraith

• Ensign
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2009, 09:29:59 PM »
Ya im not buyin coz I no longer like pay to play and u also have to spend a lot of time on it to get the real "perks" to level ur character.  Id rather play a new rogue squadron, empire at war, or dark forces with a co-op and multiplayer option.
Star Wars is not about the characters or plot...its about people settling their differences with ungodly amounts of hate and violence.