Author Topic: Pedro1138's Customs  (Read 3014 times)

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
Re: Pedro1138's Customs
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2010, 11:03:00 PM »
haha that is great, a RC with a Steyr AUG (Stg77). The best Clone with the best weapon.

great job Pedro

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2010, 06:08:26 AM »
Awesome RC and great story.

Offline pedro1138

• Ensign
  • Time to pay up, Hutt. I don't work for free.
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2010, 06:37:53 AM »
Thanks guys!

Lambonspit, the knife is from the paris pursuit snake eyes GI Joe specifically but this knife comes with quite a few Joes. Definately grab some Trek figs, I find they have them cheap in the toyworld stores.

I have a new head on order (actually the hole figure but its the head I want) so hopefully will have a few more customs up soon.

Offline pedro1138

• Ensign
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2010, 02:55:22 AM »
Have at long last started on a custom ARC trooper. I am trying to convert an order 66 ARC captain into an ARC Sergeant. I have about half finished him, I have painted his Kama and his arms just have to do his pauldron and his Helmet. Having a real bugger of a time with the paint though. Perhaps its the heat but it seems to be taking forever to dry. I'm also trying to decide whether to paint the pauldron or go with a  shoulder slung holster and a jetpack instead. I'm not a huge fan of the pauldron he comes with as it limits his arm movement considerably. In anycase I hope to finish him off tomorrow and post some pics then. If you guys have any tips or comments they would be appreciated.

Offline pedro1138

• Ensign
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2010, 10:58:11 PM »
So here are my work in progress pics. Due to this project not working out how I had hoped I am calling this a VIP post. (For Vandalism In Progress). I have been talking for a while about doing a custom ARC trooper Sergeant. I finally started a few weeks back and have gotten most of the way through painting it. I have decided however to pull the plug on this one as I have essentially mucked it up. First off I used the wrong paint and it has dried but is still tacky on the Kama and helmet as well as that it is a gloss paint so it looks a bit to shiny. My effrots at painting are pretty amatuerish as well. I was going to finish painting the bands around his lower legs and the stripes on his helmet but like I say I've abandoned the project. Anyway here is the pic of him.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2010, 11:22:30 PM »
aww man that sucks, he was shaping up to be an awesome figure it looks like.

Let me guess, you used enamel paint?  Don't blame yourself, I started out with enamels as well... and sometimes they just don't want to work on these new style figures and their rubbery plastic.

It's pretty easy to fix though.  Get an old rag and dip it in your paint thinner/ terpentine.  Then gently rub off the enamel paint.  Don't use too much terpentine, and definately do not soak the figure or pieces in it, as it will eat away at the plastic if your not careful.

OR... you can take a can of clear coat spray paint and paint the entire figure in it.  This will dry over the tacky enamels and cure into a protective layer.  I did this on one of my figures which I accidentally mixed enamel and acrylic paint together!  The paint didn't dry completely but was dry enough that it wouldn't come off.  SO I spray painted it and sealed it all in.

good luck!

Offline CaptainLux

• "Get the order and execute it. Let the generals sort out the rest." -CC-5052
  • Fleet Admiral
  • Captain Lux 327th Star Corps
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2010, 06:46:08 AM »
sweet customs