Author Topic: 15 years ago  (Read 3891 times)

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
15 years ago
« on: November 25, 2009, 06:37:52 PM »
In some respects it really doesn't seem like 15 years have gone by since the Orange carded POTF figs hit the shelves once again placing SW on kids minds.

Looking back I can't help to wonder if there are 25-28 year olds out there hunting down these items like us older folks did with the vintage line. I am sure that as bad as they were they hold pleasant memories for countless people. I still have a ton of these and I think it is a safe bet that there are more of these still carded and in collections than the production of the original line.  So how do you view these things after 15 years.

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
Re: 15 years ago
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2009, 07:11:21 PM »
as background fodder

;D

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2009, 07:21:40 AM »
I understand that,    I have been out of it on these for a while, but I was one of the hunters in the whole variant craze years ago,  circle, half circle no emblem Fett, holo or non holo orange cards,   I even have an uncut chromalin of the Italian cardbacks, I was just curious if these hold special meaning for some collectors or if they are like an ugly GF, you love them just don't want to talk about it. That's just a joke :)

Offline B.R. Steel

• Colonel
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2010, 04:31:31 PM »
As far as I'm concerned most of them are just taking up space--especially those I tried building armies of.  Good grief...what to do with 25+ potf2 stormtroopers...

Offline (SID)

• "Toy Designer/fabricator/Scavenger"
  • Commander
  • Welcome to the ULTER-VERSE
    • VECHAL CREATIONS
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2017, 01:46:16 PM »
Ha. Soo true. If they are the Luke disguise they can atleast be background fodder. But those first 2 (I'm including the cloud control version) are just oddly posed/sculpted. Heck the 1st one can't even really stand lol.

These dudes are only good to just cannibalize for random parts. Or you could repaint them black and have super budget shadow troopers.

These guys really are one of the few that I regret everytime... amassing from eBay lots... Others are... VADERS, HE-Luke, 1st Han solo, Yoda (various)  an to a much lesser extent rebel fleet trooper and  at-st driver. 99% of the others(including he-lando / monkey Leia) are workable as individual parts. Especially if you cut them up further (like removing hands, boots etc.).