Author Topic: An Interesting Idea  (Read 4952 times)

Offline Cimter

• Cultural Minister
  • Brigadier
  • "Hey, it's me"
An Interesting Idea
« on: December 18, 2009, 11:04:01 PM »
As I put these Alien Species up in other sources I would like to see if anyone can do any of these justice, I don't mean the easy ones, that Hasbro has already done I mean the ones no one has done before, anyone up for the challenge.

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
Re: An Interesting Idea
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2009, 02:45:51 PM »
Not a bad idea,   I would be interested to see what the folks can come up with

Offline JTrooper

• Master Toy Maker
  • Colonel
  • Mater Toy Maker
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2010, 02:40:01 PM »
Are we talking a dio

Offline EliteVideoCore

• The customizer from the north!
  • Lieutenant
  • I am EliteVideoCore in the chatroom
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2010, 04:39:59 PM »
SOUNDS LIKE FUN! :D

Offline Cimter

• Cultural Minister
  • Brigadier
  • "Hey, it's me"
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2010, 12:36:37 PM »
It can be a dio or anything else you wanted as long as it is one of the aliens from the Other Section, I know NFC has been working on a few, so yeah whatever you want, but like I said they must be an Alien Species Hasbro hasn't done (so no Wookiees or Ewoks, or anything like that).

Unfortunately due to me being poor, there isn't a prize for this one, it's more just for fun - unless one of the mods wants to add a prize to this but thats upto them.

Offline darth neo

• Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2010, 08:49:56 AM »
sounds cool i might be done on my one

Offline night force cynic

• Captain
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2010, 05:14:14 PM »
As I put these Alien Species up in other sources I would like to see if anyone can do any of these justice, I don't mean the easy ones, that Hasbro has already done I mean the ones no one has done before, anyone up for the challenge.
I've done one super obscure species already just because Cimter's awesome work on that section.  There's another one that's all done but his comrades aren't quite finished yet so I can't show him just yet. 

and there will be more down the line, I guarantee it.   

Offline Cimter

• Cultural Minister
  • Brigadier
  • "Hey, it's me"
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2010, 07:53:03 AM »
Cool guys I hope a few more participate as well, would love to see some more from the great customisers on here, I am loving the work NFC is doing and he gives me to much praise, but I love it, lol.

• Captain
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2010, 07:42:14 PM »
where the hell is LSprywalker and Fiala on this one??

they MUST participate, I say!

P.S.  let's persuade Spudafett to it too, give him a reasone to do another non-Mando.   LOL

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2010, 06:23:23 AM »

P.S.  let's persuade Spudafett to it too, give him a reasone to do another non-Mando.   LOL

pfft...  whatever....   ::)

I'll think about it.  I'll take a look at the other section and make a decision on what to do.  I might make an alien mando! :P

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2010, 06:26:20 AM »
Sorry I have not replied here yet, I thought I had. I picked up some Avitar fodder and will be going to Cimters house today to talk about some of these guys. Ideas will be brewing...I'm in for sure!

• Captain
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2010, 03:07:48 PM »

pfft...  whatever....   ::)

I'll think about it.  I'll take a look at the other section and make a decision on what to do.  I might make an alien mando! :P
oh you are paying attention, LOL

so you're gonna participate then?  yeah?  good good, that's what I like to hear    ;D

Offline Cimter

• Cultural Minister
  • Brigadier
  • "Hey, it's me"
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2010, 05:37:04 PM »
Thanks guys you make me feel warm all over, ooops no that was the caffeine.  But seriously I want to see more of these get to work, and as soon as I am back at work even I am going to be doing some of these Aliens as well, I am going to being doing up the Spiner and a Dashade when I get the parts for starts.

Also as a little aside I am going to be running a little competition using a polling system so I ain't voting all of you people out there will be, but whoever has the winning Alien will have there picture placed in the Top Panel of the write up for that race, so your custom becomes the new artwork for the Alien so good luck, and lets see those Aliens so I can start listing them for the poll, please send to my PM the Alien pictures that have already been done so I can start prepping them for their best shot at the poll.

And I wont be entering as that could be construed as it being fixed, if I should win.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 05:42:17 PM by Cimter »

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2010, 06:15:19 PM »
This sound very cool to me. It makes perfect sense as there are no pictures for some of these species. Also great motivation if you need ideas for what custom to make next. Your figure may be added to the archives as the reference picture! Time to get crackin'...

Offline Cimter

• Cultural Minister
  • Brigadier
  • "Hey, it's me"
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2010, 07:42:56 PM »
Ok I have been scouting around today on the He-Man sites and what they do is do a character from He-Man and get people to do there best image of him, that's what I am going to do with the Aliens so not only will it be a poll but it will be a poll for all the races we are starting with the Ky'lessan, and then we will go from there, so even though NFC's is up there for the min doesn't mean he has won yet, just he has had his in first and I wanted to show what I meant.