Author Topic: NFC retro review: Leia '00  (Read 8302 times)

Offline night force cynic

• Captain
Re: NFC retro review: Leia '00
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2010, 05:18:28 AM »
are you guys SURE they didn't remake this figure's outfit?  I could have sworn they did.... oh wait... now I remember:
in ESB, her "escape from Cloud City" outfit IS the Hoth outfit minus the vest and plus some stylish, more feminine boots. 

when I said they've never remade her I mean neither the Hoth OR Bespin (escape) figures have been remade yet with new molds in modern, articulated standards.  But the figure I reviewed is more recent even at a decade old now   :-\

the tobi dala and leia comic pack is where I remember it:

but alas, it is no better...  actually I think it is worse than that '00 one!
that's because it's just a repaint of the Hoth Leia figure released in 1998 and for THAT time it was okay but to repaint that way-too-tall and unarticulated mess just two years ago was uncalled for, unacceptable.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2010, 06:59:00 AM »
Finally got this into the "IR" section yesterday. I am thinking I might do an "RR" or different colored background for these just to give em a bit more distinction though. Anyways NFC, thanks for doing some of these pre reveiws. I have a dream that one day the Imperial Review Archives will be broken down into sections by line up. Little dreams. I will say one thing, if you guys do the reviews I will make the section.

Offline night force cynic

• Captain
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2010, 12:16:18 PM »
I have a couple other figure photgraphed for retro reviews but I keep forgetting to type the words up.  :(