Author Topic: Hasbro Q&A  (Read 279587 times)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Hasbro Q&A
« Reply #360 on: December 11, 2009, 05:41:57 PM »
For those of you who were wondering about a re-release of that Scramble on yavin Battle Pack, I just came across this question and answer as posted at jedinews.co.uk

3. The "Scramble on Yavin" Battle Pack has been very hard to find at retail or even on eBay.  Please can you confirm if this Battle Pack will be re-released in the new Red\White packaging and if so, when?  Also, how do you decide on which Battle Packs to re-release?

The Scramble Pack is one pack that has bucked the trend of the collector slowdown, and interest in this pack has remained high.  Still, our focus on Battle Packs has shifted primarily to kids and we will not be re-releasing this one in the red/white line look.  At this point any re-release looks unlikely since the package size of Battle Packs will change for Fall next year.

DUH! Idiocy! This set is the perfect compliment to the Red 2 x-wing. a MIB version goes for almost $50 on ebay for crying out loud.  Why not re-release it?

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #361 on: December 11, 2009, 05:48:25 PM »
hang on am i missing something here a bp sells really well (for a change)   and there is a major demand for it   and they are NOT going to rerelease it!   ok that settles it ! hasbro truly is run by idiots !!
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #362 on: December 11, 2009, 09:22:28 PM »
Agreed Wraithnine!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #363 on: December 12, 2009, 04:41:31 AM »
Geesh.  We better get some good news soon or there won't be a honeymoon. Guess I don't need to ask the Yavin BP question now.

I am also wondering if the writing is one the wall for Legacy Collectors everywhere? Is it just me or does it seem like they are phasing this line out in favor of the Clone Wars? I am not against Clone Wars figs, but if they phase out my Legacy I am gonna go nuts!

Offline nerfherder76

• correllien actio hero
  • Cadet
    • nerfherer76 youtube account
« Reply #364 on: December 14, 2009, 10:16:13 PM »
i've allready lost it tamer i love the legacy line but hasbro doesnt love me or the uk for that matter theres so many items i wanted but now ill have to pay over the top import prices god dam it i even rang hasbro's uk office all i got was we dunnobut if thats the case tuff wait and see if a new lines released so no new figures for poor old me

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #365 on: December 15, 2009, 08:52:26 AM »
I have another question I am wondering if they would really answer:

You have given us a bit of a removeable armor clone, but have you ever considered doing a full version one? I mean a true basic figure that would then get a full set of armor all the way down to slipping on the boots, guantlets, helmet, chest armor, shoulder pieces, cod piece, etc.? I have watched my little girl play new outfits with her polly pockets all day long and I could really hook her into Star Wars if I could get some troopers that would have snap on everything, not just chest armor and a helmet, but the whole works! Have you ever thought about doing some "flexible" rubber outfits or armor like this for Star Wars figures?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #366 on: December 16, 2009, 05:32:37 AM »
Questions submitted for our last official date from Hasbro's last schedule. I will keep you posted when they send us a new one if they do!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #367 on: December 18, 2009, 11:08:05 AM »
Just got an email, we will not be getting answers back till next week sometime.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #368 on: December 19, 2009, 08:58:55 AM »
I will await some positive answers from Hasbro, then. "one can only hope"

Offline TheCloneCommander

• Commodore
    • TheCloneCommander
« Reply #369 on: December 19, 2009, 09:16:34 AM »
I will await some positive answers from Hasbro, then. "one can only hope"

BLAH!!!! lol

A well-built sniper rifle is a beautiful thing. Ours has two zoom modes, "Up close and personal" and "Hello, you're dead

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #370 on: December 21, 2009, 05:01:43 PM »
Well here are our answers for two of our questions, guess which one they didn't answer?

Dear Hasbro, a couple of weeks ago, the new Clone Wars episode "Landing at Point Rain" aired showing us two alternate color schemes of clones that we had seen before and one design that we had never seen on the series before. We had been wanting the snow version of the flamethrower trooper sculpt since the episode where it was debuted last season. What are the chances that we will see a release of the flamethrower trooper, the earmuff trooper " as it has been called" and  Waxer and Boil type camo Arf trooper figures in the future? Also, even though you had stated that it is unlikely to happen, any random release to the Legacy line of a version of one or all of these troopers would be loved by all legacy collectors.

Chances are very good that you will see all of these troopers before the end of 2010 in the Clone Wars line.  We still don't have any plans to cross the line over (Clone Wars figures done in realistic style, or vice-versa), but expect that you are right and new troops like these would be a welcome addition to the Legacy ranks.

Over the last several years I have been absolutely amazed at the number of high quality pieces of Clone/Imperial Trooper fan art and custom figures that have been produced. Many of these pieces have made me, and I'm sure others, wish that one or more of their favorites could make their way into the official Star Wars universe. Which brings me to my question. Would you ever consider having a contest where fan's could submit their trooper concept art to Hasbro, LFL and Hasbro could narrow their top choices down to maybe a top 30, and then turn it over to collectors to vote for which concept they would like to see made into a figure?

The fans have indeed generated some amazing work, but we would not likely be able to do something like this.  Lucasfilm has maintained very strict lines between the official canon and the fan-created characters (and even names) in order to make sure that they protect their characters.  Fancontests like the naming of a character (where Pax Bonkik was named) are probably as close as we'll get.  Still, it's an interesting idea and we'll discuss it with Lucasfilm, even though we expect that it will not be possible.

They did not answer Wraithnine's question. There was no reason why, we just got back two answers.

Finally, here is a holiday message from Hasbro:

On behalf of the Star Wars team, we want to thank all of the Star Wars collector-fan media, and all of the fans, who have shown tremendous support for Hasbro’s Star Wars lineup this year.  We hope that you have found delight in playing with your toys, just like we have in working to bring them to you this past year.  In addition, the tremendous work that all of the fans and sites have done to deliver another great Fans’ Choice poll will result in not one, but many great inspiration for years to come. We have a lot of excitement in store for next year, and we think 2010 is going to shape up to be one of the most exciting years ever for fans of Hasbro Star Wars.  With the 30th Anniversary of Empire Strikes Back to celebrate, we think it’s going to be a big year as well. Happy Holidays to everyone!

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #371 on: December 21, 2009, 05:22:06 PM »
well thats was a surprise.....not!

so its gonna be a great 2010 is it?  in what terratory would that be  cos it certainly wont be in the U.K. or Oz  !

grrrr....
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #372 on: December 21, 2009, 05:37:18 PM »
Yeah, that was pretty much a bah humbug. We will see how they answer my question about how it seems Legacy is doomed everywhere. They may not answer it either.

At least it looks like good news for the CW folks.

Offline TheCloneCommander

• Commodore
    • TheCloneCommander
« Reply #373 on: December 21, 2009, 05:53:46 PM »
yep Blah!!! i was right lol my dogs could chew and spit out better answers then them!! but this was expected.....

A well-built sniper rifle is a beautiful thing. Ours has two zoom modes, "Up close and personal" and "Hello, you're dead

Offline pedro1138

• Ensign
  • Time to pay up, Hutt. I don't work for free.
« Reply #374 on: December 21, 2009, 06:36:09 PM »
Boy those Hasbro guys sure know how to build excitment, not. Why should we be excited about the offerings for the anniversary of TSB if it's more than likely that the line will be cancelled in our countries? I say it's a conspiracy against the Commonwealth! (I live in Australia) When the CW started I said I wouldn't collect them because they didn't fit in with my current figures, since then I have started. Admittedly because they are pretty cool and I love clones, but also because it has been 8 months since I last saw a TLC wave released here. Here's a note to Hasbro, if you don't put your product in stores your sales will go down because people can't buy them. All sarcasm aside, let's hope next year really will have some good stuff in it and not just repacks of POTJ2.