Author Topic: Hasbro Q&A  (Read 281162 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Hasbro Q&A
« Reply #180 on: June 30, 2009, 11:45:24 AM »
Ok Yarders our next question submission is by this coming Thursday so I want to have em sent in by Wednesday afternoon. Do you have any burning questions for Hasbro?

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #181 on: June 30, 2009, 11:53:46 AM »
Here's one.
Dear Hasbro;
  we  have seen pictures of the upcoming TRU exclusive Crumb Bomber gunship and I was wondering if you could give us a clue or a pic of the paint apps on the upcoming Walmart exclusive gunship.

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #182 on: June 30, 2009, 12:07:18 PM »
Is there a chance of seeing "normal" versions of animated-only figures currently out?  (Ahsoka, Admiral Yularen, and so on)

(this one may have been asked before, so if it was, don't resent it)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #183 on: June 30, 2009, 06:59:14 PM »
We and other sites have asked that question and there answer has been no so far. If we can just get em to make one CW version into the Legacy style I would love to revisit that one though.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #184 on: July 01, 2009, 05:24:17 AM »
Questions submitted for next round. 

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #185 on: July 01, 2009, 09:58:32 AM »
good job on that, buddy!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #186 on: July 01, 2009, 02:12:05 PM »
good job on that, buddy!

Thank you. I am anxious to see if they deliver our q's back to us tomorrow. I want to see how they answer your one question about new figures not yet released here showing up on ebay from Asian sources.

Offline masterfett

• Lieutenant
« Reply #187 on: July 01, 2009, 05:47:20 PM »
We and other sites have asked that question and there answer has been no so far. If we can just get em to make one CW version into the Legacy style I would love to revisit that one though.
In all honesty I really only want Ahsoka in realistic form all the clones can be customized, most of the Villains are aliens and you can't really tell the difference, for instance Cad Bane looks like he could fit right in with the realistic figures.

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #188 on: July 01, 2009, 05:52:46 PM »
Another question for the next run:

The CW line has seen extensive use of improved wrist articulation in virtually eery figure released.  When will the Legacy line receive the same treatment?

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #189 on: July 05, 2009, 08:12:16 PM »
What was the design decision behind the Hoth Trooper being bowlegged?  Wouldn't ball-joint hips and knees have sufficed for him to sit on a Tauntaun  without giving him a "Tex" appearance?

Why did you opt to make the Ugnaught's apron non-removable?  Instead of being able to remove it and have two different characters, the apron is an integral part of the figure's body, limiting its usefulness *and* my desire to buy lots of them.

Why are neck-balls not more standardized, like the GI Joe line is?

Who got the drill misaligned on Needa's right ankle?  Every figure I have seen has the right ankle/foot inserted and an angle that a live person would find immensely uncomfortable, bordering on painful.

What is the next character you have planned to use the Needa mold?  A simple head-resculpt and rank change on him and you have everyone from Lt Renz to Grand Moff Tarkin.

Offline Darth Aussie

• Major
« Reply #190 on: July 05, 2009, 11:22:54 PM »
A detailed Tarkin would be nice....

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #191 on: July 06, 2009, 05:05:58 AM »
Wow, Doc, good questions. I will surely be asking a few of them next round. Heck, I don't even know when the due date is though. I was figuring they would have given us a new Q and A schedule after they returned the last questions, but they haven't returned em yet! I haven't seen any other sites get em yet either so I am hoping by Friday of this week.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #192 on: July 06, 2009, 05:16:24 AM »
Well, no sooner do I go and talk about Hasbro then they deliver our answers! They will be up in a few seconds Yarders!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #193 on: July 06, 2009, 05:21:49 AM »
1. Dear Hasbro,
  We have heard rumors of a newly tooled ATST being released this fall. Can you tell us what price point we are looking at for this item, and if possible, will it include driver figures or inspire the release of a 2 or more driver battlepacks to man up the ATST? And will it be released in either an Empire Strikes Back or Return of the Jedi theme (we would love a little sneak pic if possible please)?

No information has or will be released on any future vehicles or creatures. Both mainline and exclusive, until Comic Con.  We will say that you will be very pleased with the selection we have on tap.

2. Dear Hasbro,  
With the increasing sophistication in figures, particularly in the excellent articulation, will Hasbro be revisiting any other older figures for a revamp, like was done with the ESB Hoth Rebels and Ugnaughts?  Examples would include:  ANH Uncle Owen, Aunt Beru, her Service Droid, Wuher, Naboo Security, Bespin Security, Sebulba, and so on.

Yes, we will be looking at some of these periodically and at least one significant figure from your list will be coming this Fall.  As for the rest, they are not high on our list and will be much longer-term options for us - especially Wuher whom we think is most in need of an upgrade. It's unlikely that we'll get to Sebulba - in our opinion that Dug is still a sharp figure and would not see redoing him as a priority.

3. Dear Habro,
I have noticed that some of your not yet released Clone Wars figures have been showing up for sale on ebay. Some are listed as official Hasbro figures and some are listed as customs, but obviously are not. Some are loose and one, Commander Ponds, are MOC. I am talking about Gree, Bly, Thire, Ponds, and Droidbait coming from Hong Kong, Malaysia, and the Phillipines. Are these figures already released in these countries and not in the US yet? We are including a few examples of sample ebay auctions for reference that can be searched through ebay.

We cannot comment on these auctions, but we do keep our eye out.  We do take appropriate actions with authorities to ensure the integrity of the chain of custody of our pre-production and prototype figures remains intact.

Offline DocOutlands

• Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #194 on: July 06, 2009, 09:43:46 AM »
Tamer - my wife says I shoulda been in Intel.   ;D

Now, that answer re: Sebulba is crap.  They've OBVIOUSLY never tried to do anything with him other than cram him into a podracer.  Unless the Boonta Eve Challenge carded fig had articulation that the Mos Espa Encounter fig lacked...

My creds are on a Bespin Security fig, just on a hunch.  And they have room to do variations with it like they did the Imperial Officer fig, with three diff heads.  Easily - black guy, white guy, asian guy.  Of course, same goes for the Naboo Security guy, but Bespin *feels* right to me.  Still, knowing I nailed one of this fall's figs is AWESOME!!

--goes to pay off spies--