Author Topic: Hasbro Q&A  (Read 280491 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Hasbro Q&A
« Reply #915 on: August 20, 2011, 06:12:53 AM »
Mike,

I can't argue with that logic at all. I think the biggest thing is we have heard Hasbro say they know this is an issue here and that they are working to resolve it while we haven't heard anything along those same lines for our foreign friends. We will see what they say and I would be surprised to see them give a legitamite answer, but asking the tougher questions (whether it be for our foreign friends or we who live in the states) is something I am determined to see continue. I think the whole idea of asking questions is to help Hasbro improve their product either in how it gets to the stores or what goes into one of their builds. They may not always like the harder questions and we have seen them give us pretty much give us no answer responses, but I still think somewhere someone is hearing these issues.

Offline nerfherder76

• correllien actio hero
  • Cadet
    • nerfherer76 youtube account
« Reply #916 on: August 22, 2011, 08:31:52 AM »
That's cool but my only problem with the U.K. questions is this: they have a couple of collecting sites just for the U.K. and they always ask about distribution or something specific about their area, but Americans never ask America questions. I just think the QA's should be universal questions not location questions because one thing I have been reading everywhere...distribution problems are happening all over Earth. I haven't seen hardly any new Vintage or Clone Wars stuff all summer and when I did it was by luck.
and the few  websites we have are overlooked by hasbro or they dont push hard enough hasbro usa is the head honcho so why not ask about distrobution after all its down to them which countries get what and these q and a's are our only portal to get noticed  and whats the point in asking are they making this or whens that being released if the distrubution aint fixed  because if there not aware how the hell can collectors get what the hell they want? unless you personally are willing to pay double/triple for something  its a worldwqide problem that will only be resolved by brute force

btw thanks tamer for asking my question verry much apreciated

Offline Mike Cypress

• Commander
« Reply #917 on: August 24, 2011, 07:32:47 PM »
Perfect example: this last Q&A had 3 or 4 Europe questions.  I just think the questions should be universal, but if not, here's an American question for Hasbro....
Hasbro: In our bad economy and high unemployment rate, have you ever considered bringing factory jobs back to the U.S.  The average cost of a 3-3/4" figure is $8.  The minimum wage in the U.S. is $7.25.  How about some jobs?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #918 on: September 08, 2011, 02:57:25 AM »
We got our answers back late last night. Looks like good news all the way around especially for our foreign friends. Here goes:

I'd love to see Hasbro produce more rebel pilots much in the same way that they have produced many clone trooper variants. I'd particularly like to see a collection representing the Battle of Yavin much like the Battle over Endor Pack for example.  How about all the pilots in Red Group and Gold Group seen in the movie? From a tooling point of view you could duplicate multiple parts and add the necessary differences. Any chance we could see any of these?

These are great ideas with strong potential for future sets.

Is there any way Hasbro USA could get involved with Hasbro UK as they dont seem to recognise the collectors market in the UK? Its seems they are seen as just toys and nothing more unless theres a major promotion like a movie or tv show but that only lasts a few months ( even Transformers are experiencing the same issue's with the DOTM line as we Star Wars fans are used too some independant stockist that are cancelling the line entirely) they really need a clue as having to buy imports cost considerably more and i am not paying £40 for a Gamorrean Guard. Hasbro you are promising better distribution in the US, is there any chance our foreign friends are going to see some of this same love?

We are working closely with our teams around the world (including the UK) to ensure that product distribution improves globally, particularly on Vintage waves. In 2012 we plan on re-releasing a handful of Vintage figures that were either too limited in quantity or did not make it to all major regions.

Offline safewing

• Cadet
« Reply #919 on: September 08, 2011, 09:50:32 AM »
Tamer

Thanks for asking the question; hopefully we'll see some new pilots in the future....

Safewing

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #920 on: September 08, 2011, 01:42:46 PM »
First straightforward answers I remember seeing in a looooong time...

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #921 on: September 08, 2011, 02:56:51 PM »
First straightforward answers I remember seeing in a looooong time...

I was thinking the same thing Doc. Hope that perks up our foreign friends too.

And on that note folks, our next round is due by the 16th so get some good questions in here. It looks like they are really trying to answer them now!

Offline Rune Haako

• Commander
« Reply #922 on: September 08, 2011, 03:06:28 PM »
Hasbro, might the MTT vehicle be in a very foreseeable future?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #923 on: September 08, 2011, 03:10:25 PM »
Hasbro, might the MTT vehicle be in a very foreseeable future?

This question and the current fan's choice figure poll makes me want to ask this

Having already seen the huge excitement over the announcement of a new vote for a fan's choice figure later this year I am left wondering if you have ever considered doing a fan's choice vehicle or large vehicle offering poll?

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #924 on: September 08, 2011, 03:59:55 PM »
I have to give credit where it's due: These answers are actually quality answers that actually mean something.  Well done.

Offline clonetrooper360

• Commander
« Reply #925 on: September 10, 2011, 05:09:02 AM »
thnx for the uk question , can you guys believe they still sell the at-at here in greece for 204$$$$$ dolars !!!!!!!! (euro conversion) and nota single new figure or ship , im waiting for the attack shuttle but nothing shows up, im actually going to just give up collecting if this continues !
May the Force be with you !

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #926 on: September 12, 2011, 07:30:58 PM »
Folks I aim to send our next two into Hasbro by Tuesday in the evening so if you have a burning question please get it on in here please.

Offline DeltaSquadSev11

• Lieutenant
« Reply #927 on: September 13, 2011, 01:00:50 PM »
Dear Hasbro

Throughtout the Star Wars: The Clone Wars line there has been a distinct lack of Separatist characters being made into figures. That is not counting the above usual Droids and leaders like Grievous or Dooku. So, will we be seeing some new Separatist leaders in TCW line at some point? And that's not just counting generals like Osi Sobeck, Wat Tambor etc. How about a Lux Bonteri figure, possibly from his season 4 gear? I'm sure many collectors would go for the chance to get a figure that is collector-centered. Speaking of which, Hasbro, have you ever considered making Clone Wars figures aimed at collectors for the line, because there is certainly a great amount of collectors in this line, who would just love the chance to be able to get figures aimed towards them?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #928 on: September 13, 2011, 06:10:16 PM »
Wow DeltaSquadSev that is one well thought out and well written question!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #929 on: September 13, 2011, 06:21:01 PM »
Shawn, did you already send one in. I have a burning question.............

Dear Hasbro;
  It seems that you have changed the official Prototype Fett Redemption form available on your website from being apparently wide open as far as which Hasbro figure lines upcs will work to now say this..........."Collect and save the UPC codes of any 5 figures from these Star Wars action figure collections: Vintage (97568 Asst.), Saga Legends (21115 Asst.) or The Clone Wars (94736 Asst.)" Since undoubtedly many people have already sent in upcs thinking that older lines will work like saga-legacy-rots-and TAC using the original version of the form, will you honor those older upcs sent in with those non particular forms and, if not, can the people who sent em in expect a refund due to the oversight?

We had asked before the redemption which lines will work but were only told which wave the retail version of the forms would be available in.