Author Topic: Hasbro Q&A  (Read 280492 times)

Offline B.R. Steel

• Colonel
Re: Hasbro Q&A
« Reply #900 on: August 10, 2011, 06:04:04 PM »
Garindan was revisited around 2006-ish.  Pretty decent upgrade over the POTF2 version too.  I'm actually pretty content with that version. 

Offline safewing

• Cadet
« Reply #901 on: August 10, 2011, 06:40:46 PM »
Tamer

I am relatively new to ISY so forgive me if I don't have the full picture.

I just noticed that some of the replies to some peoples posts appear to chastise their comments for fear that Hasbro will not respond in the future.

Is this a closed forum to ISY membership or open to anyone to read?

Has there been some history on the forums?

Do Hasbro have an ISY member who reads these posts or do you or another ISY staffer take the posts and formulate questions to Hasbro on ISY members behalf?

I'm not questioning you or anyone elses committment to ISY ; I just want to know how the system works.

If this is not for public consumption then feel free to send me a private message and set me straight.

Thanks

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #902 on: August 11, 2011, 06:13:49 AM »
Safewing, I will try to answer your questions. This thread is open for all to read, but if you want to post in it you have to be a member. As for how this works members put up their questions in this thread and then I go through them and pick out the ones I think are worded the best and then submit those to our Hasbro contact. I usually try to break it down to one question for TCW and one for Vintage.

We have also, if you take a look at all of our previous q and a sessions, figured out that some questions, if worded incorrectly or fairly negative in nature, just won't recieve an answer. I will be honest, for the most part it can get fairly frustrating when great questions are asked and we get answers back that our well maybe or no we are not going to do it or answers that are no answers at all. Still, every once in awhile they do send us some nuggets so we take what we get as to be honest I was suprised they started this back up after the last round ended.

Safewing if you have anymore questions feel free to pm me yourself and we can keep this thread open for the questions. And speaking of that folks, I have to have to new round in by the 19th so get em on in here.

Offline safewing

• Cadet
« Reply #903 on: August 11, 2011, 07:40:03 AM »
Thanks for your reply.

I'll put my cards on the able here; I'm a big original trilogy fan and a casual prequel fan.

Question;

Do Hasbro have an intention to update most figures to the full articulation standard, especially those of the original trilogy?

On a personal note I'd love to see Hasbro produce more rebel pilots much in the same way that they have produced many clone trooper variants. I'd particularly like to see a collection representing the battle of Yavin much like the battle over Endor pack e.g. how about all the pilots in Red Group and Gold Group seen in the movie. From a tooling point of view you could duplicate multiple parts and add the necessary differences.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #904 on: August 11, 2011, 07:45:41 AM »
Not a problem.

And I like your idea about a Rebel Pilot set for the Battle of Yavin.

Offline Rune Haako

• Commander
« Reply #905 on: August 11, 2011, 08:17:29 AM »
Another question,

Hasbro, might we ever see figures of any of the more obscure SW:TCW Battle Droid variants like Jaybo Hood's Battle Droids, Ziro the Hutt's Battle Droid (Purple), and the  Kamino training simulator Battle Droid?

« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 08:51:22 AM by Rune Haako »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #906 on: August 11, 2011, 08:20:16 AM »
Another question,

Hasbro, may we ever see figures of any of the more obscure SW:TCW Battle Droid variants like Jaybo Hood's Battle Droids, Ziro the Hutt's Battle Droid (Purple), and the  Kamino training simulator Battle Droid?

What a great set of droids these would be, but did you see our question about getting Trandoshans and Wookies from TCW Season Finale? I can imagine what they would say to this one. Still, great idea though.

Offline Rune Haako

• Commander
« Reply #907 on: August 11, 2011, 08:21:24 AM »
Yeah, but Battle Droids are easy repaints.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #908 on: August 11, 2011, 08:29:14 AM »
Yeah, but Battle Droids are easy repaints.

Touche, Rune. Touche. They have been known to agree to that quite often! ;)

If you can pm me or post some pics with your question that one might go one round.

Offline Rune Haako

• Commander
« Reply #909 on: August 11, 2011, 08:51:34 AM »
Pics added with my question now. :)

Some of Jaybo's Battle Droids would require a new headsculpt though. (Like the one with the stash and cyclops for example)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 08:54:25 AM by Rune Haako »

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #910 on: August 13, 2011, 05:42:04 PM »
Was there a Garindan with good articulation?  I never got the Saga version, so I don't know how well-articulated that one was.  Safewing, your question

Do Hasbro have an intention to update most figures to the full articulation standard, especially those of the original trilogy?

is pretty much my question, but limited to OT.  Sounds like we're getting a Lobot.  Excellent. 

Offline JLaban4

• Commodore
  • The only good lizard, is a dead lizard.
    • Follow this link to see my customs and other videos
« Reply #911 on: August 14, 2011, 03:31:24 AM »
I'm not sure if this has already been asked.

1) Dear Hasbro, now that we're getting 2 Stealth Ops clones, will we be seeing a Republic Stealth Ship to go with them? Also will we be getting a Clone trooper Spark and a Republic Stealth Ship pilot?

Offline ghostskull18

• Brigadier
  • "customs that are so good, they're scary"
« Reply #912 on: August 14, 2011, 07:57:23 AM »
Hasbro, will collectors see any new jedi/sith figures in the future?
I'd really like to see B'dard Tone made into a figure!
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/B%27dard_Tone

I'm also wondering if hasbro is going to re-release the tholme and exar kun comicpacks

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #913 on: August 18, 2011, 02:54:04 PM »
Questions sent in for the 8/19 round. I did pick the one that Nerfherder asked about UK distribution. We will see if they answer it. They say they are fixing the distribution in the US, we can ask for no less for our foreign friends.

Offline Mike Cypress

• Commander
« Reply #914 on: August 20, 2011, 02:03:59 AM »
That's cool but my only problem with the U.K. questions is this: they have a couple of collecting sites just for the U.K. and they always ask about distribution or something specific about their area, but Americans never ask America questions. I just think the QA's should be universal questions not location questions because one thing I have been reading everywhere...distribution problems are happening all over Earth. I haven't seen hardly any new Vintage or Clone Wars stuff all summer and when I did it was by luck.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 02:08:28 AM by Mike Cypress »