Author Topic: Hasbro Q&A  (Read 280311 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Hasbro Q&A
« Reply #765 on: February 05, 2011, 08:02:40 PM »
Rune its about time you showed back up.

Offline Rune Haako

• Commander
« Reply #766 on: February 08, 2011, 01:46:17 PM »
 ;D

Another question,

Yo Hasbro, it's been a while since any new Separatist Leaders or Neimoidians have been released, the last Separatist Leader was Po Nudo & the Neimoidian was Lushros Dofine, can we expect to see any new ones this year in either the Vintage Collection or Clone Wars line?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 01:49:13 PM by Rune Haako »

Offline Colin Lingus Hobbs

• Cadet
« Reply #767 on: February 13, 2011, 08:18:38 PM »
Are we going to get the ROTJ NIKTO in the blue vest ?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #768 on: February 14, 2011, 08:30:14 AM »
So far no new schedule yet for this, but keep em coming as they said the list was due out soon! Any new questions based on what we have seen at Toy Fair.

How bout this one?

Are those of us not attending San Diego Comic Convention going to be able to purchase the Revenge SDCC Exclusive through the normal etailers after the convention is over?

Offline beige-4

• When the unknown speak , people listen .
  • Banned
  • Admiral
  • your famous ! bask in it !
« Reply #769 on: February 14, 2011, 10:23:48 AM »
hello, i was wondering if you will make the new boba fett into a saga legends toy , as i think this will up your sales by 6%
how about this idea ?

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #770 on: February 14, 2011, 03:49:56 PM »
What is the criterior used that makes you give us inferior molds for figures in 2011? Why would anyone buy a figure with less articulation like offered in 1995 when you have since updated said figure in 2008 and now it is 2011?

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #771 on: February 15, 2011, 05:59:03 PM »
Dear Hasbro;

At toy fair, we seen shots of the new Captain Fordo figure with two types of helmets and two types of pauldrons. Are all pieces going to be included on one card or is this figure to be released twice with the type 1 and type two accessories?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #772 on: February 15, 2011, 06:15:52 PM »
I am wondering if the reports that all of the Revenge Offer Cards are all previously produced figures?

Outside of the question, I am wondering how many of us would actually open the Death Star? Don't you have to make a trench run or something first?

Offline hannsfartknocker

• Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
  • Commodore
    • hannsfartknocker's youtube
« Reply #773 on: February 15, 2011, 06:55:07 PM »
dear hasbro,

Would it be possible to make a Joruus C'baoth, Rukh, Captain Pellaeon, and Thrawn in a thrawn trilogy four pac.
"But… it was so artistically done."
-Thrawn's last words

Offline JTrooper

• Master Toy Maker
  • Colonel
  • Mater Toy Maker
« Reply #774 on: February 18, 2011, 04:31:48 PM »
I am Done Hasbro

This is final for me the $600 to $700 dollars a year to buy Star Wars stuff is over. Your stuff is getting to expensive for me so I'm only going to buy stuff at clearences or not buying. My kids and I are done.

Thank you for the years of collecting $7.88 to$10.00 dollars for a figure is too much.

Offline beige-4

• When the unknown speak , people listen .
  • Banned
  • Admiral
  • your famous ! bask in it !
« Reply #775 on: February 19, 2011, 06:45:04 AM »
Hi Hasbro !
Will you be making a snowtrooper commander in the future .
thanks!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #776 on: February 19, 2011, 07:43:10 AM »
I am Done Hasbro

This is final for me the $600 to $700 dollars a year to buy Star Wars stuff is over. Your stuff is getting to expensive for me so I'm only going to buy stuff at clearences or not buying. My kids and I are done.

Thank you for the years of collecting $7.88 to$10.00 dollars for a figure is too much.

I think the going rate Clint and I figured up was 8.58 so far and I got out of collecting one of each for your very same reasons. Did you hear the Podcast by Arnie from SWAN where he asked the gal point blank about the price increases? She gave the same old line about costs of plastics and tooling. I don't think Hasbro realizes that we are all in the midst of the recession still. 

On another qualtiy note, does one think figures like the BAD astromech and the 212th merit that type of price? One would think if the prices are going up at least the qualtiy could be as good as we have already seen. I will try to word all this into a question if they ever give me a new schedule. I thought Toy Fair would give us one, but so far I haven't heard from them.

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #777 on: February 19, 2011, 09:39:27 AM »
I don't - quite - mind the carded BAD R5.  Seriously.  Look at the prices of individual pieces on ebay.  Typically, you see $3 per piece, making the "going rate" of an astromech $12.  I was trying to hold my spending down the other day - and had already picked up 2 figs *AND* the Mando Speeder - or the R5 would most likely have ended up in the buggy, too.  I also came mighty close to picking up Bartender R2 & a couple of TCW astros - the R7A7 and the R2D2.  Same fig, new paints?  Makes my life easier.  ;D

Offline B.R. Steel

• Colonel
« Reply #778 on: February 19, 2011, 05:47:30 PM »
I am Done Hasbro

I think the going rate Clint and I figured up was 8.58 so far and I got out of collecting one of each for your very same reasons. Did you hear the Podcast by Arnie from SWAN where he asked the gal point blank about the price increases? She gave the same old line about costs of plastics and tooling. I don't think Hasbro realizes that we are all in the midst of the recession still. 

Hasbro has to keep raising prices to maintain their margins.  With each price increase they force out more collectors and/or kids and lower the over all number of purchases.  It's a vicious cycle.  The sad truth is they also loose potential purchases much faster when consumers see prices going up than they would gain potential purchases should consumers see the prices go down--i.e. once the average person decides he's out of the game, he ceases to head to the toy aisle to check figures/prices.

I know I use to army build and actually bought a ton of figures I really didn't have much interest in on a whim.  I don't do that anymore and I see a lot of people--collectors AND kids--following suit.  I spend less money on Star Wars stuff now than I did when the stuff was cheaper.

Offline Rune Haako

• Commander
« Reply #779 on: March 05, 2011, 09:44:05 PM »
Yo Hasbro, can we expect to see R2-D2's Battle Droids released in the Clone Wars line, especially OOM-10?

« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 09:45:49 PM by Rune Haako »