Author Topic: Hasbro Q&A  (Read 280515 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Hasbro Q&A
« Reply #600 on: May 08, 2010, 04:16:54 PM »
you know I really think they saw are customs and got jealus and dont like anwsering are questions.

LOL. I would say the Shipyarders sure have shown them what a real figure ought to look like.

Offline Mike Cypress

• Commander
« Reply #601 on: May 08, 2010, 04:22:33 PM »
I have a question:

Is there any chance we can see just a plain stormtrooper soon? And not the same body style as last year's Han Solo/Luke/Spacetrooper because when you stand those figures up straight there is a big gap in the chest(articulation Joint?). Any chance we could just see an updated plain white stormtrooper? Or bettter yet some Shadow Stormtroopers?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #602 on: May 10, 2010, 10:45:29 AM »
I am trying hard to understand your choices for the Hoth Battlepack as it relates to the new At-At that is coming out. We will be getting one speederbike with the new walker so why pack in another speederbike in this battlepack unless we will be getting some single carded Hoth Imperial Scouts? I can understand the snowtrooper with web canon, but was hoping you would have come up with some new canon that could fit somewhere inside the new At-At like you did for the Clone Wars Turbo Tank? I am also wondering why Darth Vader when it would have made more sense to give us either more snowtroopers or At-At drivers to man up that awesome beast of a vehicle, especially the At-At drivers as supposedly none will be released in the saga legends or new Vintage lines (as per previous Q and A sessions)? How is a guy supposed to get his At-At drivers unless you plan on releasing more of them later on next year or will we just be out of luck if we didn't get every Legacy helmetless version of the At-At driver that came and went so fast this year?

Let me know what you guys think about this one. I am trying to word it so we won't just get a "cost of retooling" answer they seem so fond of. Is anyone else worried about the lack of Imperial personnel we are gonna need to man up this beast? I know the legends line will get us some snowtroopers, but outside of the new Walker Commander the driver that comes with the vehicle will be the only one we are gonna be able to get our hands on this year.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #603 on: May 10, 2010, 10:48:52 AM »
Here is another one that is bugging me lately.

We have noticed that some Star Wars websites are acquiring new carded and loose images of upcoming products before they are officially released. What are your thoughts on how this occurs and would it be possible to "share" some of this information among the various SW collecting websites so every now and then each site could get some type of exclusive new information to share with the rest of the SW multi-verse? That or making sure that all of the websites associated with the Q and A sessions get said information at the same time?

Offline commanderCharlie

• Captain
  • need republic commando action figures!!
« Reply #604 on: May 10, 2010, 01:11:27 PM »
I think the one about the battlepack is a good question. And who is supposed to ride the speeder? I'm not going to put my driver on that, So can we see a realease of the hoth scout trooper on single card?

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #605 on: May 10, 2010, 05:21:20 PM »
I think the one about the battlepack is a good question. And who is supposed to ride the speeder? I'm not going to put my driver on that, So can we see a realease of the hoth scout trooper on single card?

Yepper, that was the first part of my rather large question.

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #606 on: May 11, 2010, 10:10:57 AM »
Tamer, how about this:

Given the upcoming release of the new AT-AT with a multi-figure head and an included speeder-bike, we are concerned over the figure choices for the Hoth Battlepack.  A second AT-AT Driver and Hoth Scout to round out the crew would have made more sense than Darth Vader.  A "strap-on" cannon for the AT-AT similar to the Turbo Tank battlepack would have been welcome, also.

Offline Squirepec7

• Clone Creator Extreme
  • Banned
  • Commodore
  • "All right clankers, SUCK LASER!"Clone Trooper Jek
    • JediMaster432
« Reply #607 on: May 11, 2010, 01:52:31 PM »
Hasbro. Seeing as you have released Jek and Thire separatly as well as in a two pack. Will you be releasing Rys on single card as well. I know the hole backpack that he comes with is rare and many people didn't get the chance with the two packs to get this particular figure.
"Army or not, you must realize you are DOOMED!"

Offline Mike Cypress

• Commander
« Reply #608 on: May 11, 2010, 02:40:16 PM »
The Hoth battlepack questions will probably be a waste of time because Hasbro basically already told us who was in the pack. Makes me mad that instead of giving us Army builder battle packs they give us 1 or 2 figures we need and a Vader, always a Vader. I think they think that is the way to get people to buy 2 or more of these. I haven't bought any battle packs or saga legends in 2 or 3 years because they are all recycled.

Here's a question:
Why can't we get a checklist for all the products coming in the next year and some pictures too. Instead we have to speculate and listen to rumors and then we get leaked pictures popping up. Why can't you guys just cut out all the 3rd partys and just give us a checklist? And if there is a possibility there could be a change, just note that. It would be greatly appreciated by us collectors.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #609 on: May 11, 2010, 05:03:03 PM »
I like that one, MC.

Offline Mike Cypress

• Commander
« Reply #610 on: May 11, 2010, 05:09:29 PM »
Thanks. It's mostly due to those new pictures of  the package to Jabba. Where's the picture to the toy itself? Anticipation sucks!

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #611 on: May 11, 2010, 05:47:59 PM »
Mike, part of the point in asking the question is so that Hasbro knows their customers are irritated.  I like the idea of battlepacks.  I don;t like the current execution of battlepacks.  If I don;t buy them, Hasbro assumes I don;t like them and stops making them.  I'd rather they know I stopped buying them because their execution of the idea.

Offline Mike Cypress

• Commander
« Reply #612 on: May 11, 2010, 05:54:36 PM »
They already know they irritate collectors. They don't care. If you haven't noticed, most battlepacks are just the same thing over and over, basically saga legends they repacked sometimes with 1 new figure. I hear ya, but they already know.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #613 on: May 12, 2010, 04:48:16 AM »
I like your questions better than mine. I was just hoping if I made it detailed, I wouldn't give them any wiggle room to give us what could still be a bogus answer.

I like the one MC about the checklist with pics.

Offline clonetrooper360

• Commander
« Reply #614 on: May 16, 2010, 05:10:52 PM »
anyone like my question about the ebay realsing before out in the stores?
May the Force be with you !