Author Topic: Hasbro Q&A  (Read 280447 times)

Offline Cimter

• Cultural Minister
  • Brigadier
  • "Hey, it's me"
Re: Hasbro Q&A
« Reply #585 on: April 28, 2010, 06:42:42 AM »
Two wasted questions, and I agree no surprise on either answer.

1) With the current economic climate. Would Hasbro not see it as a good idea to produce figures that the fans would most certainly buy with the correct accsesories and the correct likeness of said figure, not the fourteenth time on the same figure to get one right. Rather than produce countless repacks such as the Saga legends line that dont sell, how about doing a Saga Legend line that will sell, by adding figures that have been hard to find and are most definitely wanted (such as Revan, Malak, Ephant Mon, VOTC Han Solo and others like that, as well as the New EU Figures as these are going to be very hard to find - as the decision to make them TRU exclusive was a bad idea and then letting the E-Retailers get them was as equally as bad, so you have made these extremely hard to get for me personally and I am sure I am not the only one).

Also as part of this question I would like to ask if it wouldn't be better to space out the figures instead of getting them all at the end of the year.

2) Hasbro why don't you do more figures of Troopers from the EU sources that are available (You did it with the Clone Troopers), how about doing it for the Rebellion and the Imperials, and also Troopers from the New Republic and Old Republic (would love a new Old Republic Trooper from the new Game).
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 06:59:35 AM by Cimter »

Offline Mike Cypress

• Commander
« Reply #586 on: April 28, 2010, 11:20:30 AM »
Cimter, we just asked your #1 question in the previous round. And your #2 question will be answered "EU figures don't sell well." They are always saying that. I agree though, I want more EU figures and i'm sure  they will blame the Comic Packs getting cancelled on them being mostly EU.
My question for Hasbro is this:
#1-Not every collector cares or wants "more articulation," some of us want good sculpts. And with this Vintage wave coming out that is mostly focused on the packaging and not the sculpts, or any new charecters and giving us stuff we already have, any chance we can see the definitive versions of the charecters? I think you got it with the new Bespin Luke, he actually looks like Mark Hamill, but the new Hoth Leia and Hoth Han in trenchcoat look funny(hopefully those are just prototypes we seen at toyfare).  To me it seems like updating charecters you are saying, "we didn't do very good last time, so buy this new one where we think we made some improvements." How about finishing the list of never before made charecters before starting on updating stuff?
#2-When are you going to do something about the heads of the figures having that shiny plastic look. Starting with the 30th anniversary collection, some, not all, of the figures have a shiny gloss on head and the faces. Nobody else has brought this to your attention?

Offline commanderCharlie

• Captain
  • need republic commando action figures!!
« Reply #587 on: April 29, 2010, 04:33:36 AM »
the reason they never give us good answers is because they probaly saw are cutoms and are jealous.

Offline 501stAppo

• Commander
  • Adrenaline starts to flow!
    • 501stAppo on youtube
« Reply #588 on: April 29, 2010, 09:22:13 AM »
the reason they never give us good answers is because they probaly saw are cutoms and are jealous.
that

Offline republiccommando1164

• Lieutenant
« Reply #589 on: May 01, 2010, 01:58:47 PM »
hasbro1) will we ever see battle pack troopers like waxer boyle boost and sinker realeased on card.
2) can you tell us some more detail on the bastilla figure ie what line itll be in or how advanced is it at the moment

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #590 on: May 01, 2010, 04:00:23 PM »
Get your questions in folks. The next round is due by this coming Friday. There are already quite a few interesting ones.

• Lieutenant
« Reply #591 on: May 03, 2010, 08:39:41 AM »
will you please do something about the paint rub on the 501st legion clone troopers shoulders.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #592 on: May 03, 2010, 09:05:44 AM »
will you please do something about the paint rub on the 501st legion clone troopers shoulders.

Care to make your questions a bit more formal? Meaning what do you feel is wrong with rub on the shoulders?

• Lieutenant
« Reply #593 on: May 04, 2010, 12:38:14 PM »
oh dreadfully sorry

Hasbro. I noticed recently that the paint on the saga ledgendas shock and 501st troopers shoulders seems to scrape of if you extend their arms fully (ie at shoulder height)Would it be possible for you to do something about this problem for example take 2mm of the shoulder to prevent the friction.

Offline Darth Creatine

• Available for Commissions!
  • Ensign
    • Darth Creatine's Customs
« Reply #594 on: May 07, 2010, 10:12:42 PM »
Tamer,

I have a few questions and will "try" to format them properly as to not get the same "Wait and see answers"!!

#1. Figures like Darth Revan and Darth Malak and Cyborg Grievous and Concept Grievous and any and ALL Clone Troopers, Commanders and Boxed Sets are VERY hard to find in alot of areas.

My question is this: There are reasons that they are hard to find it is because they are the most collected and also the ones mostly used for customizing. Is there any way possible to have these re-released instead of the same Vader, Luke and Hoth Geared Figures. These sit on my stores for awile. I still have Saga's on my shelf thats been there since last 4th of July it seems. I would love to se some of the harder to find figures released again.

Malak, Revan, Mando Box Sets, Clone Wars Clones in General and more so Boxed Sets. Force Unleashed and Clones and Mando's and Delta's etc..

#2. Hasbro and LucasArts are also feeling the effects of this huge depression we are now in. Is there anyway we can see a price cut in the figures that are being released instead of another price increase. If not a decrease how about more special offers. For example Wal-Mart & Target and T'Rus and tell them if the figure has been on the shelf for over 2 weeks or a month mark it down 25% and so on every week until it hits 50% then leave it be. Or buy one get one free.

Darth Creatine

Skype User Id: DarthCreatine
MSN: jhouse757@msn.com
Gmail: DarthCreatine@gmail.com

I am always available for Video Chats at those contacts.

I am currently doing commissions. Email Me!

Jon

Offline Mike Cypress

• Commander
« Reply #595 on: May 07, 2010, 10:40:26 PM »
Tamer,

I have a few questions and will "try" to format them properly as to not get the same "Wait and see answers"!!

#1. Figures like Darth Revan and Darth Malak and Cyborg Grievous and Concept Grievous and any and ALL Clone Troopers, Commanders and Boxed Sets are VERY hard to find in alot of areas.

My question is this: There are reasons that they are hard to find it is because they are the most collected and also the ones mostly used for customizing. Is there any way possible to have these re-released instead of the same Vader, Luke and Hoth Geared Figures. These sit on my stores for awile. I still have Saga's on my shelf thats been there since last 4th of July it seems. I would love to se some of the harder to find figures released again.

Malak, Revan, Mando Box Sets, Clone Wars Clones in General and more so Boxed Sets. Force Unleashed and Clones and Mando's and Delta's etc..

#2. Hasbro and LucasArts are also feeling the effects of this huge depression we are now in. Is there anyway we can see a price cut in the figures that are being released instead of another price increase. If not a decrease how about more special offers. For example Wal-Mart & Target and T'Rus and tell them if the figure has been on the shelf for over 2 weeks or a month mark it down 25% and so on every week until it hits 50% then leave it be. Or buy one get one free.

Darth Creatine

your 1st question we just asked 2 Q&A sessions ago. they basically said "tough s#@t!"

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #596 on: May 08, 2010, 06:56:00 AM »
Yeah, we asked two similar questions two separate weeks and they said they had no plans to do anything like that, which no doubt will only fuel the ebay price spikes we see on these figures.

I did submit the questions the day before yesterday Yarders, one day ahead of the 5/07 due date so we are good to go there. Now whether we will get definitive answers is doubtful, but every now and then we get a nuggett.

Offline commanderCharlie

• Captain
« Reply #597 on: May 08, 2010, 08:34:33 AM »
you know I really think they saw are customs and got jealus and dont like anwsering are questions.

Offline DocOutlands

• headhunter extraordinaire
  • Moff
  • Rebel Finhead
    • Production Platform 3
« Reply #598 on: May 08, 2010, 08:45:41 AM »
Could be, Charlie!   8)

I know what we need!  Another ESB wave, right - a Bespin Gown Leia, Bespin Escape Leia, Bespin Jacket Han, and Bespin Escape Chewie!!!

(He'd look just like all the other Chewies out there, but isn't that Hasbro's style??)   ;D

Offline commanderCharlie

• Captain
« Reply #599 on: May 08, 2010, 08:50:56 AM »
lol yeah and a bespin dart vader!