Author Topic: Hasbro Q&A  (Read 280379 times)

Offline night force cynic

• Captain
Re: Hasbro Q&A
« Reply #495 on: February 19, 2010, 02:13:39 PM »
1.question would you  make a hoth pack which will see two drivers a snow trooper leutenant, two snowtroopers, two rebels a scout  and maybe a gun rack with two gunners and guns make it a ultimate bp infact ,to accomodate the huge at-at
Hasbro's answer:  No, because Battle Packs have to appeal to the widest audience so without a core character included it might confuse buyers as to which scene the Pack is inspired by.   Sets such as the dream army building roster you suggested are highly sought after by collectors but no one else cares that much about minor variations like a snowtrooper officer so we will not strain ourselves.   The Yavin Battle Pack was an elusive ninja at retail but it's too bad we actually did that one because the kids had no bloody idea who the characters were and even some of our own employees were befuddled at the identity of those figures so we stopped shipping it.   We will keep your suggestion on the list of possibilities for 2012-13 in case we run out of other neat characters to put into value sets. 

Offline darth neo

• Lieutenant
« Reply #496 on: February 21, 2010, 05:33:43 AM »
wat do u mean our own employees ????

Offline night force cynic

• Captain
« Reply #497 on: February 21, 2010, 10:02:57 AM »
I was mocking the answers Hasbro usually gives to the questions we ask, man, it was pure sarcasm from me.  Sorry if I confused anyone.  I don'k work for Hasbro and never have.

I hate the bullshit they usually spoon feed to us when the answers come back and I was commenting on the stupidity of their decision not to ever repackage the Scramble at Yavin battlepack 'cause no matter what they say on the subject, they can never adquately justify not shipping that set again, it goes for $100 on ebay now.

Offline darth neo

• Lieutenant
« Reply #498 on: February 21, 2010, 10:26:12 AM »
oh okay, i know theryre bs when i hear it and i might resort to the bay because of there constant price hikes what a bunch of ............. they are

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
« Reply #499 on: February 21, 2010, 01:04:32 PM »

I hate the bullshit they usually spoon feed to us when the answers come back and I was commenting on the stupidity of their decision not to ever repackage the Scramble at Yavin battlepack 'cause no matter what they say on the subject, they can never adquately justify not shipping that set again, it goes for $100 on ebay now.

Add to the fact that they use the excuse for not releasing new items, the tooling cost,   here is an item that had a new "transport" in it, why the heck would they not redo this to take advantage of re-using a mold :)    they love re-releasing stuff, hell how many times have we seen Vader Tie, Tie fighters with large and small wings,  or any other ship or fig multiple times over

I want 2 of these packs, never saw 1 at retail

Hasbro    sucks, I wonder if they really answer the questions or do they rely soley on the PR firm to do that for them, as it mainly seems if we get answers it is only lip service anyway, most of the responces seemed canned and cleaned up.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 01:06:38 PM by Reconsgt »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #500 on: February 23, 2010, 07:33:55 AM »
Here is our first round for this new year!

1) Will you be attending Chicago Comic and Entertainment Expo in April?  In the past, you stopped going to Wizard World because it was "too soon after San Diego Comic Con."  Your presence in the Midwest has been sorely missed, and this would be a GREAT time to show up.  Right in between New York Toy Fair and San Diego Comic Con, it'll give us Midwesterners a chance to actually see some of your new products up close for once!

We will not be going to the Chicago show.  When we do a show, we want to make sure that it's a quality experience for the fans and that means having access to the marketing and design team. The shows are demanding when it comes to time, and the team does not have a lot to spare when it comes to staying on top of the demands of seeing the product development process through.  This year, we'll be doing San Diego and Celebration V almost back-to-back which will be tough enough, without another show added to the schedule.

2) Have you ever considered making a battle pack like a full Rogue Squadron or Red Squadron? Or making Ultimate Battle Packs like two x-wings including comic pack rogues who havent been released yet like; Gavin Darklighter, Alph, and an updated Derek Hobbie Klivian?

It's a great idea, but we're likely to introduce Rogue Squadron members (or Red Squadron, Green, or Grey) in dribs and drabs rather than in one big battle pack.  First, it would be a crazy expensive pack, and second, many collectors would have already had some of the figures so it makes it a more tenuous proposition to have to buy some many figures you already have for the few you don't.  It's possible that someday, after they all have been released to do something like we are currently doing with the McQuarrie figures at Toys 'R Us, but until then we do hope to keep plugging away at the holes in the lineups a couple at a time.

We got these yesterday around 7PM so I will apologize for the late posting. My internet was out at home!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #501 on: February 23, 2010, 07:54:51 AM »
Questions submitted for next round! They were due this coming Friday, but I got em in early so I didn't forget!

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #502 on: February 23, 2010, 08:05:48 AM »
"many collectors would have already had some of the figures so it makes it a more tenuous proposition to have to buy some many figures you already have for the few you don't"

I guess they didn't notice that they released a CW Cody on a single card, a two pack card, and a battle pack, last year and are now releasing him with a speeder bike, this year. Don't they release at least 1 BP a year that contains a Vader, also?

Offline Mike Cypress

• Commander
« Reply #503 on: February 23, 2010, 08:37:32 AM »
Yeah, they try to say they repack things that kids want. Who do they think they are kidding? They repack pegwarmers. Good example with the Clone Wars Commander Cody. 3 of him in the last 2 years.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #504 on: February 23, 2010, 08:44:45 AM »
Good point Clint. I wonder if we can form a question out of it?

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #505 on: February 23, 2010, 08:54:48 AM »
well there was a question on jedinews and the answer gives the impression that the Vintage line will be a Toys"R"Us exclusive in the U.K.(so no Argos,no Entertainer,no Smyths!!!!,do they want the line to fail or is this just a half hearted attempt to pay lip service to the U.K. collectors) ,am i going stupid here ,they should want to get their product on as many shelves as possible ,but nooooo we will give TRU exclusivety thus making it harder to find figs(i'm down in the south east and TRU's aren't exactly ten 'a' penny )thus restricting the market which will kill the line before jan'11(is it just me or is it commercial suicide?) ,once again hasbro talks big then delivers sod all! heres a prediction by 2015 dont expect to be able to buy a star wars figure(non-clone wars) outside the United States of America. fail hasbro......EPIC FAIL....  :( >:( :-\

The New Vintage U.K. Market.........D.O.A.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 08:58:36 AM by wraithnine »
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline beige-4

• When the unknown speak , people listen .
  • Banned
  • Admiral
  • your famous ! bask in it !
« Reply #506 on: February 23, 2010, 09:35:49 AM »
bullshit once again hasblow come on how many vaders are there hasbro imitation="well its a new version and that he is the main charachter" so what weve had more of him and btw hasblow i said release a NEW bp with better articulation DUH!! they are a bunch of what we english call " TOSSER'S!"
P.S thanks for posting one of mine still pissed off though crappy demanding hasblow

Offline JTrooper

• Master Toy Maker
  • Colonel
  • Mater Toy Maker
« Reply #507 on: February 23, 2010, 10:21:22 AM »
I don't understand this one the price of the figures are up to the retailer. OK then give me a direct link to the maker so I do not have to pay for crap like packageing or stands that I do not want just give me the fig not all of the art. Hasbro or retailers have been ripping of the public for chargeing 7.99 per fig for legends and clones the clones use less plastic they are 1/2 the size  than the legand series so why pay for something that is half the size and the same prise as the normal figures. Beats me thats why now I wait for the clearence price if I get it good if I don't to bad for me.

Offline Mike Cypress

• Commander
« Reply #508 on: February 23, 2010, 10:33:32 AM »
Another thing about the Vader figures. They still haven't gotten him right. Scale wise, I would love to see him towering over the other figures and also the cape. The fabric they have been using the last couple of years looks like poodoo. I would like  to see him get a great looking cape with a real chain instead of  the little silver thread that is way to big and loops out. If they are going to throw a Vader in every wave, maybe they should get him right 1st. No matter what they say about what sells, the fact is they recycle the same old stuff til it's all gone. My guess is that after Episode II and III they had an excessive surplus of Plo Koons, Saesae Tinn, Ob-Wans, Anakin's, and that dang C3-PO on the Ewok throne. Saga Legends! The reason why I know this is cuz I have moved between Kansas and Texas a few times in the last few years and the same figures are everywhere and the same ones are missing.
One thing I am tired of  hearing in the Q & A's is people wanting more articulation. They keep telling people that raises the price. I personally hate all the joints in the figures nowadays. I don't need my figures to be quadruple jointed. I need them to be lower than $7.99 a piece. So, I think people need to think about the questions they ask Hasbro, read all the Q&A's before you waste a question. I have noticed that the same questions get asked over and over. People keep asking for updates to figures that don't need one. Like Aayla Secura. Why does she need an update? The Episode III version was just fine. One figure that really needs an update and I heard is finally coming is Sidious from Episode III. Hopefully they finally get him right. And people keep asking for the Tonnika Sisters from the Cantina. They keep telling people they will never be made, so let's not waste  a Question on redundent stuff. Sorry for venting, but Hasbro uspsets me sometimes.
I know one thing that would make all collectors happy. If  they decide to continue Saga Legends, they should put out figures that were impossible to find without having to go online and pay double or triple. My suggestions for Legends:Darth Reven, Darth Malek, Scorch, or a Shadow Stormtrooper just to name a few. I myself got Reven and Malek, but never even seen the Shadow stormtrooper. And when I don't see figures there is something wrong cuz I will go out every payday and hit up all Wal-Marts, Targets, and Toys r us. This is my hobby and I love it but some figures are impossible to find. I refuse to go to EBay. I hate scalpers.
And one last thing about something Hasbro keeps saying about the Expanded Universe. They say there isn't a huge demand for EU figures. What Galaxy are they living in? Almost every EU figure that has ever been released has been hard to find. And look at the latest Fan Poll. Hopefully soon they will get their priorities straight and realize that if they don't respect collectors then we will just start making our own toys.

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #509 on: February 23, 2010, 01:33:24 PM »
Another thing about the Vader figures. They still haven't gotten him right. Scale wise, I would love to see him towering over the other figures and also the cape. The fabric they have been using the last couple of years looks like poodoo. I would like  to see him get a great looking cape with a real chain instead of  the little silver thread that is way to big and loops out. If they are going to throw a Vader in every wave, maybe they should get him right 1st. No matter what they say about what sells, the fact is they recycle the same old stuff til it's all gone. My guess is that after Episode II and III they had an excessive surplus of Plo Koons, Saesae Tinn, Ob-Wans, Anakin's, and that dang C3-PO on the Ewok throne. Saga Legends! The reason why I know this is cuz I have moved between Kansas and Texas a few times in the last few years and the same figures are everywhere and the same ones are missing.
One thing I am tired of  hearing in the Q & A's is people wanting more articulation. They keep telling people that raises the price. I personally hate all the joints in the figures nowadays. I don't need my figures to be quadruple jointed. I need them to be lower than $7.99 a piece. So, I think people need to think about the questions they ask Hasbro, read all the Q&A's before you waste a question. I have noticed that the same questions get asked over and over. People keep asking for updates to figures that don't need one. Like Aayla Secura. Why does she need an update? The Episode III version was just fine. One figure that really needs an update and I heard is finally coming is Sidious from Episode III. Hopefully they finally get him right. And people keep asking for the Tonnika Sisters from the Cantina. They keep telling people they will never be made, so let's not waste  a Question on redundent stuff. Sorry for venting, but Hasbro uspsets me sometimes.
I know one thing that would make all collectors happy. If  they decide to continue Saga Legends, they should put out figures that were impossible to find without having to go online and pay double or triple. My suggestions for Legends:Darth Reven, Darth Malek, Scorch, or a Shadow Stormtrooper just to name a few. I myself got Reven and Malek, but never even seen the Shadow stormtrooper. And when I don't see figures there is something wrong cuz I will go out every payday and hit up all Wal-Marts, Targets, and Toys r us. This is my hobby and I love it but some figures are impossible to find. I refuse to go to EBay. I hate scalpers.
And one last thing about something Hasbro keeps saying about the Expanded Universe. They say there isn't a huge demand for EU figures. What Galaxy are they living in? Almost every EU figure that has ever been released has been hard to find. And look at the latest Fan Poll. Hopefully soon they will get their priorities straight and realize that if they don't respect collectors then we will just start making our own toys.

"ahem" best not mention that i have 2 shadow stormtroopers (1 of them is carded)    ;)
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms