Author Topic: Hasbro Q&A  (Read 280351 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Hasbro Q&A
« Reply #480 on: February 16, 2010, 06:26:24 AM »
See if you guys like this one.

We have seen the new vintage line and were wondering two things; one, will we see "offerless" cards of every figure in this line? two, why was the decision made to offer figures not in the original vintage line including the prequel movies? It would seem that a true vintage line would have stayed true to the orginal Kenner vintage line as there were plenty of figures from that line that could have used the updating.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #481 on: February 16, 2010, 11:20:18 AM »
Tamer's suggestion made me think of this one.

Dear hasbro, In the past, we have seen battle packs to provide us with troops to man up the Turbo Tank and the ATTE vehicles.
  What are the chances that we can expect a new Vintage Battle Pack to help us man up the new AT-AT walker vehicle? Since 4 figures are the normal number to expect with a new Battle Pack, and since the walker already comes with one driver fig, I think that including 2 Snowtroopers, 1 Driver, and 1 Commander would round it out nicely. Perhaps you could substitute one of the Snowtroopers for a Hoth Speeder Bike Scout figure.

droidbait

« Reply #482 on: February 16, 2010, 04:55:25 PM »

Dear hasbro, In the past, we have seen battle packs to provide us with troops to man up the Turbo Tank and the ATTE vehicles.
  What are the chances that we can expect a new Vintage Battle Pack to help us man up the new AT-AT walker vehicle? Since 4 figures are the normal number to expect with a new Battle Pack, and since the walker already comes with one driver fig, I think that including 2 Snowtroopers, 1 Driver, and 1 Commander would round it out nicely. Perhaps you could substitute one of the Snowtroopers for a Hoth Speeder Bike Scout figure.

that would be brilliant lol they have made an anti-halfire squad battle pack which is 4 clones but great idea

Offline lambonspit

• Custom Vehicle Mistro!!
  • Lieutenant
  • "Execute Order 66"
    • lambonspit reviews and customs
« Reply #483 on: February 16, 2010, 07:25:56 PM »

If you look at Hasbro's battle packs, i think theres a Hoth Assault pack with a snowtrooper, speeder and Darth Vader. Maybe thats what they've got planned. Would have like to seen one with just snow troopers and a commander though.

Gun, Trigger, Pull

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #484 on: February 17, 2010, 05:37:38 AM »

If you look at Hasbro's battle packs, i think theres a Hoth Assault pack with a snowtrooper, speeder and Darth Vader. Maybe thats what they've got planned. Would have like to seen one with just snow troopers and a commander though.

It doesn't make any sense to me though. The walker comes with a speeder already and one driver. Why wouldn't they give folks more troopers to man up that at-at? I am not minding the snowtrooper with tripod laser much, but it would sure make more sense to have snowtroopers and drivers in a bp for the walker.

droidbait

« Reply #485 on: February 17, 2010, 05:41:03 AM »
also tamer if they put a driver in the bp then the at-at wouldn't look odd with just 1 driver in

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #486 on: February 17, 2010, 05:51:00 AM »
All I know is that Hasbro have given us a legitamite battle pack for each new large vehicle offering and if the Hoth BP is the one for the at-at then it is something south that comes out of a north bound moose!

droidbait

« Reply #487 on: February 17, 2010, 07:00:00 AM »
what annoys me is that they made an anti-halfire squad battle pack which is 4 clones but the halfire vehicle isent going to be the best buy

Offline Mike Cypress

• Commander
« Reply #488 on: February 17, 2010, 10:09:42 PM »

Oh no, they can't have that. They have to throw in a Vader. They got billions of extras of those. They want us to buy multiple packs, that's why most battle packs only have 1 or 2 new things and the rest redo's. Hopefully they will make 1 with a AT-AT Driver, commander, and 2 snowtroopers.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 08:21:29 AM by Mike Cypress »

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #489 on: February 18, 2010, 07:13:41 AM »
Well since I have like 5 vaders already, I will be boycotting that particular battle pack.

Offline Mike Cypress

• Commander
« Reply #490 on: February 18, 2010, 08:25:28 AM »
Just 5? I have so many Vaders I don't know what to do with him. As for the Vader figures themselves? I wish they would get his cape right. The cloth capes they have been using the last couple of years look stupid. Wish they would go back to plastic or do something different.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #491 on: February 18, 2010, 08:32:54 AM »
I think it's just 5, LOL. Those plastic capes work good as molds for papermache capes. I have used a couple from a potf vader to do that for years now.

Offline Mike Cypress

• Commander
« Reply #492 on: February 18, 2010, 09:52:08 AM »
paper mache capes? what's that look like?

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #493 on: February 18, 2010, 11:37:27 AM »
paper mache capes? what's that look like?
There are several examples in my custom figure thread, Mike.
  In this post , there are two. One on the mando that was made using the full POTF vader cape as a mold and the kama on the desert ops trooper that was made using the shorter waistcape, also from the POTF vader as it's mold.

Offline darth neo

• Lieutenant
« Reply #494 on: February 19, 2010, 11:32:15 AM »
1.question would you  make a hoth pack which will see two drivers a snow trooper leutenant, two snowtroopers, two rebels a scout  and maybe a gun rack with two gunners and guns make it a ultimate bp infact ,to accomodate the huge at-at