Author Topic: Hasbro Q&A  (Read 280295 times)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Hasbro Q&A
« Reply #375 on: December 21, 2009, 08:50:27 PM »
Funny about them not answering Jay's question. I guess they didn't want to embarrass themselves.

I lifted this question and answer from Jediinsider.com's answers in reguard to the twin pod cloud car and new snowspeeder that are coming next year.

JI:While we are on the topic of Empire Strikes Back, next year marks the 30th Anniversary of what is arguably the best movie in the series. Does Hasbro have anything big planned to celebrate this awesome movie turning the big 30?

Hasbro: Yes indeed. Initially, we did not anticipate having too much in the way of an EpV-specific celebration, but since we started putting our plans together we realized that there is a pretty decent tribute in our lineup, and certainly deeper in terms of specific new figures and vehicles than we had dedicated to EpIV a few years ago. We can confirm that we have some new vehicles planned (the Cloud Car as mentioned above, as well as the long-in-development more accurately scaled Snowspeeder), along with some great figures and exclusives. There will also be an additional surprise or two, to be revealed around Toy Fair timing.

Offline lambonspit

• Custom Vehicle Mistro!!
  • Lieutenant
  • "Execute Order 66"
    • lambonspit reviews and customs
« Reply #376 on: December 21, 2009, 11:26:35 PM »
Hey everyone. I just contacted Hasbro to get some replacement parts for my AT-TE and i asked the question whether the crumb bomber will be coming to Australia. And i quote:

"Regarding the crumb bomber, Unfortunately, we do not manufacture or
distribute this product in Australia, and at present we have no plans to
do so."

Well thats great. What else are they gonna deny Australians? Looks like more of my questions are answered than Jay's though. lol. I think a revolt against Hasblow is in order. Australians...to arms!!

Gun, Trigger, Pull

Offline jenki87

• Ensign
    • My Custom photos
« Reply #377 on: December 22, 2009, 04:14:26 AM »
well they sell retail figures in Singapore at SGD 18.90 each, which converts to about USD 13.50. the normal vehicles at SGD 59.90, which converts to USD 42.60. and it makes no sense, since you cant blame it on shipping; they are all made in china, it is way cheaper shipping to singapore than to america. for loose figures, i'd wish someone in the united states will help us to buy, even at a commission of USD 1 dollar a figure, and including shipping, it will be lesser than 13.50.

Offline pedro1138

• Ensign
  • Time to pay up, Hutt. I don't work for free.
« Reply #378 on: December 22, 2009, 05:17:00 AM »
I'm with you lambonspit! A couple of us diggers will sort 'em out. While I agree with the general dissatisfaction with Hasbro I have to say that their sculpting and quality is still lightyears ahead of most of the figures I have bought recently. Let's just hope this economic hiccup gets over with soon so we can go back to having super articulated and detailed at a reasonable price.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #379 on: December 22, 2009, 05:37:34 AM »
Well that is some good news about the Cloud Car and Snowspeeder, I just hope they aren't exclusives to a particular store. I guess perhaps they might answer that question for our next round. I have been assured they will give us a new schedule pretty soon.

Dear Hasbro, since you have confirmed a cloud car and new snowspeeder sculpt are coming can you tell us if these ships will be exclusive to one store and will we see new pilots for each vehicle?

Offline Darth Aussie

• Major
« Reply #380 on: December 22, 2009, 07:10:33 AM »
I'm with you lambonspit! A couple of us diggers will sort 'em out. While I agree with the general dissatisfaction with Hasbro I have to say that their sculpting and quality is still lightyears ahead of most of the figures I have bought recently. Let's just hope this economic hiccup gets over with soon so we can go back to having super articulated and detailed at a reasonable price.

You a Aussie Pedro? Cool didn't pick up on that...Where u based my friend?

Offline clonemedic96

• Captain
  • "Hey Sev, This one looks like your mother."-Scorch
« Reply #381 on: December 22, 2009, 07:40:32 AM »
Well that is some good news about the Cloud Car and Snowspeeder, I just hope they aren't exclusives to a particular store. I guess perhaps they might answer that question for our next round. I have been assured they will give us a new schedule pretty soon.

Dear Hasbro, since you have confirmed a cloud car and new snowspeeder sculpt are coming can you tell us if these ships will be exclusive to one store and will we see new pilots for each vehicle?

Dude right now since they're doing Episode V type vehicles i'm begging for an awesome slave one, not a repaint, not crappy just awesome

Offline McMetal

• Colonel
« Reply #382 on: December 22, 2009, 07:48:09 AM »
At least it looks like good news for the CW folks.

Yay Us!

Except for this response on GH:

Another rumor is that the ARC-170 Shadow Fighter has doomed the $69.99 Deluxe Vehicle Assortment. This is true to an extent, since the slow rate of sale of the ARC-170 Shadow Fighter has not given the Y-Wing a lot of daylight to shine. Still, when the Y-Wing has gotten out there, it has not done as well as the Turbo Tank. We don't think it's because the Y-Wing isn't a great vehicle, but more to do with there currently being less discretionary purchases above $50 in '09 than we saw in '08 when both the Millenium Falcon and AT-TE were successful.

Boo Hiss. I LOVE the big vehicles and money is no object. Make stuff for collectors like me!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #383 on: December 22, 2009, 07:51:44 AM »
Ok Shipyarders, time to get a list of questions ready for the next year. What do you want to know?

Offline clonemedic96

• Captain
  • "Hey Sev, This one looks like your mother."-Scorch
« Reply #384 on: December 22, 2009, 08:01:02 AM »
Ok Shipyarders, time to get a list of questions ready for the next year. What do you want to know?
I got one: Q: Is Hasbro planning on re-releasing any Ep III clone troopers to go with the commanders they just released, Galactic Marines to go with Bacara and 212th and Parjai squad to go with Cody, i know Hasbro is releasing the comic pack with 212th but im really interested in seeing some basic figures to go with our new commanders.

Offline night force cynic

• Captain
« Reply #385 on: December 22, 2009, 08:22:25 AM »
I want a Legacy realistic style Rex.   That's it, just 1 very important clone, that's all I'm asking for.   SUCKS that they won't even do that!

so what was Wraith 9's question?  I wonder if they ignored it because they couldn't even come up with a good bullshit answer let alone a good honest one so not answering was easier.   Bastards.

Offline jenki87

• Ensign
    • My Custom photos
« Reply #386 on: December 22, 2009, 08:43:11 AM »
actually i don't even know why is lucasfilms continuing the contract with hasbro. given the cost and quality of their toys, companies like M & C toys which makes the power team elite series can do so at a way lower price. not only that, hasbro sub-contracts the manufacturing anyways, and it is not like star wars is something you have to really really market, especially with such a huge collector and fanbase supporting it.

Offline beige-4

• When the unknown speak , people listen .
  • Banned
  • Admiral
  • your famous ! bask in it !
« Reply #387 on: December 22, 2009, 09:15:30 AM »
1.if you are making legacy collection cancelled in the uk are you cancelling saga legends too?            
2 or you can make a new line called lets say the legend collection fulled with legends of the rebellion for example single carded figures from the rebellion including battle gear ,maybe a stormtrooper blaster emp blaster stormtrooper seargent pauldron and a blank rebel helmet so customizer can do something with your battle gear?        
 3 you can also make a battle pack like a full rogue squadron or red squadron  ?          
4 make ultimate battle packs like two x-wings  including lets say comic pack rogues who havent been released yet like gavin darklighter,alph and a updated derek' hobbie'klivian?                
7.maybe another line called species or something make a battle pack of humans,rodians,nautolans,zabrak,ewoks i would like jawas.        
8 although there are far too much clone wars figures to make can you fit in  the new 501st clones from the deserter?

by harry dixon
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 11:16:57 AM by WATTOH »

Offline night force cynic

• Captain
« Reply #388 on: December 22, 2009, 09:19:00 AM »
The company that makes PTE wouldn't know what to do with Star Wars if they got the license even for a test run.   And if my SW toys were built like PTE I'd quit buying them.   

NO other company could handle a 3 3/4" SW toyline and cover as much ground in the mythos as Hasbro has, no other company would try to make anywhere NEAR the variety of characters that we get every year.   I'm not saying that Hasbro's awesome and perfect, in fact sometimes they're more like retarded monkeys making some decisions, but I think they are doing a good job overall... for the most part.

Offline narceron

• Sirian Naval Commander
  • Brigadier
    • Narceron.com(defunct)
« Reply #389 on: December 22, 2009, 10:31:46 AM »
The company that makes PTE wouldn't know what to do with Star Wars if they got the license even for a test run.   And if my SW toys were built like PTE I'd quit buying them.   

NO other company could handle a 3 3/4" SW toyline and cover as much ground in the mythos as Hasbro has, no other company would try to make anywhere NEAR the variety of characters that we get every year.   I'm not saying that Hasbro's awesome and perfect, in fact sometimes they're more like retarded monkeys making some decisions, but I think they are doing a good job overall... for the most part.

I disagree, you are missing price point.  Hasbro can make quality toys..there is no reason to believe another company could not.

I doubt PTE could afford the licensing, but thats not to say its impossible for another company to replace hasbro, or if history tells us anything, for George to start his own company, lol.  At least then we'd expect stupid decisions..."Exclusive Han shoots first battle pack"