Author Topic: Family Guy Something Something something dark side!  (Read 5159 times)

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
Re: Family Guy Something Something something dark side!
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2009, 03:07:20 PM »
Not only were they in there, they were some of the funniest scenes in the episode, I thought!

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2009, 03:09:01 PM »
Well then, I will have to add this to the ole collection.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2009, 03:11:31 PM »
Do, but do NOT let little Evie watch it!

Offline zedhatch

• Commodore
« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2009, 07:44:39 PM »
Bought it the day it came out, LOVED IT, as good as BLue Harvest and in some places better (some not so but that is beside the point).  Best SW parady ever IMO. 

Updates Mon-Fri every week, also reviews and much much more.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2010, 02:08:38 AM »
Maybe I'm just being a kill joy... but should we realy be promoting an adult cartoon on this "family friendly forum"?

after all Family guy: Blue Harvest  was given an "S" content descriptor for sexual content; the episode was rated TV-14-DLV on Fox.

Now... I know most of our members are at least 13...  but even I found the original A new hope spoof to be fairly lude. 

I have yet to see the newest installment however, and if I get around to seeing it... I will watch it, but I don't necessarilly look forward to it.   

I honestly prefer the humor of the robot chicken star wars special over the family guy one anyday. 

Don't get me wrong, I love family guy, I just didn't appreciate the way they depicted my favorite movie of all time.

Like I said... maybe I'm just a kill-joy... ::)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2010, 06:28:12 AM »
To be honest, I am not sure Devin. I just bought mine the other day and am gonna watch it.

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2010, 07:58:04 AM »
i dont see anything wrong with it its only mildly adult and kids tend to watch south park over here from quite an early age and thats much worse , i enjoy a good star wars spoof    the sign of a good fan is the ability to poke fun at your own obsession  ;D just look at fanboys,chad vader and the like all popular especially with star wars fans
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2010, 12:52:07 PM »
I don't disagree with you W9.  I just didn't like the blatantly obvious sexual/drug related humor associated with familly guy.

I love chad vader and fanboy and alot of the well made spoofs.  but I think there is a fine line between a well done spoof and a spoof done where the entire thing is one long running dirty joke....   

of course, I love familly guy, and in the setting of the normal tv-show I think it works realy well.  and I love their interjected flash backs which are star wars related...  I just think they could have made blue harvest a little more tastefull.  either way... I wouldn't have let my kids watch it.

Offline zedhatch

• Commodore
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2010, 12:47:40 AM »
There is a episode of Family Guy that settles this really quick.  Basicly Peter says (Paraphrasing from memory) "Maybe people shouldn't get thier values from television and look at something a little closer to home, maybe if they are uncomforable or offended by the content they should just change the channel.  maybe they should realize that peoples values are more a reflection of what thier home is about than what is reflected on TV."

Basicly, If you don't want to watch it, don't, no biggie.  don't want your kids to watch it, that is your right as a parent and more power to you on that front.  BUT don't knock people for enjoying it when you don't.  While a cartoon Family Guy is very much orented to adults (Hell 90% of the references make no sence unless you are over 30 anyway) and Cartoons quit being the realm of exclusive to kids a long, long time ago. 

Offline Darth Abshir

• Rookie Customizer
  • Commander
  • DarthAbshir
    • http://www.starwars.com
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2010, 07:48:41 PM »
i wish i could buy this movie

"Keep Collecting and May the Force be with you"

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2010, 01:22:51 PM »
I got this about a month ago and just found some non child time to watch it. It was pretty good. I wouldn't let a youngster watch it, but it wasn't horrible as far as adult type cartoons go. I just see it as a sarcastic take on everyday life applied to Star Wars. I liked the walker scenes.

Offline Goldleaderone

• Action Fleet Guru
  • Brigadier
  • Proud member of Red Sox Nation
    • Star Wars Reviews
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2010, 02:17:54 PM »
I got this about a month ago and just found some non child time to watch it. It was pretty good. I wouldn't let a youngster watch it, but it wasn't horrible as far as adult type cartoons go. I just see it as a sarcastic take on everyday life applied to Star Wars. I liked the walker scenes.

Ah Tamer... Robot Camels.   ;D
"I want my sanity back." - Wedge Antilles

Offline Mike Cypress

• Commander
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2010, 06:57:50 PM »
I watched this last weekend for my birthday, and I thought it was a lot funnier than Blue Harvest. My 3 favorite parts were Joe as the Probe droid, Darth Stewie at the bounty hunter meeting, and Peter Solo mooning in carbonite. Classic.
As for kids, I quit letting my daughter watch animation domination after the Simpsons. Family Guy, Cleveland show, and American Dad have too many dirty sex jokes. I try to be a cool dad, but some of that stuff is over the top.
The only thing I have a problem with Family Guy about and with the Star Wars parodies is the old dude they got playing Ob-Wan. Child Molester's aren't funny one bit. I wish they would kill him off.
The thing I like about Family Guy is that nothing is safe on there. They make fun of everything. And like somebody else said, most of the stuff on there you wouldn't really get unless your 30 or over. The writers are definitely in my generation, 30 something.
I love this one, and everyone who complained about them making fun of  Star Wars....they made this episodes with George Lucas's approval. Besides the child molester the only other 2 things I don't like about FG is they drag some stuff out too long, and what's up with all the musical numbers?

Offline zedhatch

• Commodore
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2010, 07:46:54 PM »
I love this one, and everyone who complained about them making fun of  Star Wars....they made this episodes with George Lucas's approval.

Exactly, one thing even though I do give GL a hard time of the special editions and the prequels, he does have a sence of humor and realizes all this silly stuff we all do (from family guy to Robot Chicken to Kevin Smith's View askew universe to every single little fan made joke) only enhances the appeal of star wars and does nothing but bring communities of fans together.  He has embraced Fan Films and such over the years and that is refreshing in this age of "Corperate owns it and hands out C&D's if you mention a word" world that we live in now. 

Yeah I am as shocked about giveing Lucas a bit of cred as the rest of you. 

and what's up with all the musical numbers?

Well essentally Seth Macfarland (who created FG) was raised on old musicals, there are tons of refences (many of them hilarious) and ofte hi-brow types.  Anyone remember the Legalise it episode would probably recognize Chitty Chitty bang bang in the toon "Bag of weed:" which was hilarious. 

Offline Mike Cypress

• Commander
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2010, 08:37:56 PM »
I seen somewhere, can't remember where now, but Seth Mcfarland interviewed George Lucas. GL loved Blue Harvest. He had to of , or there wouldn't be a sequel. I haven't seen all the Robot Chicken Star Wars episodes, but I know Lucas supplied his voice. It's good that  he can have a sense of humor about his universe. The Simpson's use to have alot of Star Wars references until that one episode where they bashed the prequels,talking about all the politics, amd now they don't talk to much about Star Wars.
I live in Austin and there is some festival next month, I'm thinking it's called South by Southwest but not for sure, but anyways there is a movie premiere next month and I think it is called "the people vs. George Lucas." and it's about fans backlash. I wish I remembered where I seen it at so I can provide a link. My point to all this is....Lucas is used to having people bashing him. He must like it.