Author Topic: Clonehead's Custom Figures reloaded  (Read 143960 times)

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Clonehead's Custom Figures
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2008, 05:09:09 PM »
There was a time when I was into doing a line of custom figs based on the original Kashyyyk trooper except with head or equipment mods where I would incorperate a matching camo. The one featured a resin flip visor head taken from the collector tin biker scout. I made this one before the newer flip-visor kashyyyk trooper became available. He also got a double pauldron that was made from a resin sandtrooper pauldron merged with an arc trooper's pauldron. he also got a camo painted kama with a blaster holster made from plastic attached to the kama's back where the other one got the full cape, a resin pistol case from the airborne fig and a radio wire added to his stock helmet.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 05:19:01 PM by Clonehead »

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2008, 10:41:15 AM »
Is that right? I will have to dig around in the archives and find some more pics of custom figs that I based on biker scouts.
  Here is a bacura version of the Kashyyyk trooper that I did who also got a waistcape and scratchbuilt blaster holster plus, another pic of the double pauldren guy.
  Oh and thanks again, DR!
« Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 08:15:26 PM by Clonehead »

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2008, 06:32:29 PM »
Here are a couple of shots of the fig that got the gm scorch head, sometime during that fig's metamorphisis. I will find a finished shot or two and post it later. And, here is a shot of a couple of mixes. one is an airborne face grafted to a mando back. The other is that airborne bikerscout combo that I mentioned.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2008, 04:09:39 PM »
Here is one of my favorite helmet mods on a custom that resides in the incomplete project pile, currently.
  The helmet is a combo of a resin cody and resin GM casted helmets. The figure is to be painted in the desert camo style and at this time, he has a full cape as well. I also intend to paint up the original cody helmet in the same style and be able to compare. I am envisioning this guy to have the same light blue visor or eyes that my previous desert camo figures have all shared. While this wasn't the first in the pile that I wanted to start working on again, I can see it possibly turning out to be one of my favorites.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 04:11:44 PM by Clonehead »

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2008, 09:09:41 PM »
Tamer, that one isn't the one I actually wanted to start working on. I will preview the one that I wish to start with soon.
  here are some more pics of the one I did with the cody/veers helmet which I believe resides in John's collection now.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2008, 09:11:38 PM »
As with a few of the others that I've let go, I do miss this one. It was one of my favorites.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2008, 09:16:36 PM »
I found some more biker scout pics for Pat. This was one of my earlier customs based on a POTJ scout, I think. I did this one before the elite corps camo scouts became available. Once more, I used the florecent green paint for the visor. In the last shot, I dimmed the lights and introduced a black light to cause the glowing effect on his painted visor.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2008, 09:22:09 PM »
I'm sure that I have posted this pic in one of the previous versions of the Shipyards. This is a shot looking into the display case in my living room.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2009, 08:58:35 AM »
Well Tamer, I've been asked this question before and while I'm not completely sure of the final tally, my best guess is 50-100 custom clones served. As far as the dios made for SW themes, I would guess 20-30.
  Keep in mind that most were sold on the Bay or even contracted to me to build so, I only have a few in my collection. Otherwise, I would have a grand display indeed.
       Building custom figures is kind of like learning to play guitar as in the more you do it , the better you get. With that in mind, I would put the last 15 to 20 custom figures that I have done in my favorite list. In my current collection, I would say that I only have 6-7 custom figs and 4-5 complete dios with another 3 incomplete figs and 2 incomplete dios.
  Alas you say, Why did I ever let them go? The excitement of selling and creating hype twards my store was part of it but also, it holds some satisfaction for me to be able to say that I have custom clones residing in other peoples collections all over the earth.   Japan, China, Canada, Germany,France, Austrailia, Great Britan, the Phillipines, Greenland, Russia, the list keeps going.
  I found a few more pics of that GM with the walker driver head to post.  I also found a few more shots of his dio which I will post in the dio thread.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2009, 09:03:47 AM »
Here is another shot of that same figure and a couple of shots of some titanium JSFs that I painted up. I like the red and white one.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2009, 04:29:40 PM »
John, that fig is still incomplete and awaiting attention. I started that fig over a year ago as a companion to the desert trooper that got the Scorch/GM head, the completed pics of which, I am still looking for.
   I believe I made a mold of that cody/gm head. Did I not give you one of those?
Here are three more shots of that helmet. The first shows the two pieces as they were shaped to fit together.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2009, 04:51:43 PM »
I found a couple of shots of that desert camo heavy gunner fig I did with the Combo Scorch/GM head.  I found some better shots of this guy where you can see the camo on his pauldron but I need to shrink them. Yep, that is another one that I shouldn't have let go. I believe he is in that last shot also, posed on an uncomplete desert dio that I am going to give to the Cody/GM figure. I have several shots of this dios construction and while not complete, it is further along than you see here.
  I will get around to posting more shots of it in the dio thread.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2009, 04:57:38 PM by Clonehead »

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2009, 05:58:34 PM »
I found some in production pics of the second snow mando that I did. This one was based on the saga Boba Fett fig.
The first shot shows the base paint which looked alot like the other snow mando that I kept.  The second pic shows the first layer of camo painted on the cloth areas under his armor and his little half cape. the third pic shows the second layer of camo.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2009, 06:02:23 PM »
More shots of the finished snow mando 2. I also painted up a resin cast concept snow troopers head to go with this fig. No modifications were necesarry for the resin head to fit the saga boba figure's nub.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 08:25:24 PM by Clonehead »

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2009, 06:05:10 PM »
More shots of the complete snow mando 2. The last shot shows the painted jet pack.