Author Topic: Collecting Budgets  (Read 5533 times)

Offline Reconsgt

• Grand Moff
  • Administrator
  • Moff
Collecting Budgets
« on: December 12, 2009, 06:06:36 PM »
With a wide variety of things all trying to take up the same amount of my cash, I was curious if you guys set a SW budget for yourselves, if so, how strict are you at adhering to it.

For me, winter is the time I have a little extra for SW as in the summer I have a lot of car shows I go to and that usually eats up any extra funds, my budget is $100.00 a month for "toys" be it SW, Joes, or any other type of collectable. If I win any of my football pools at work, that is all "play money" so I blow it on whatever. Of course I also stash any left over cash aside for future collecting use.

Offline RedLeaderOne (00fire501)

• Star Wars YouTuber
  • Commander
  • I Love Talking Star Wars
    • Star Wars RedLeaderOne YouTube
Re: Collecting Budgets
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2009, 04:48:22 AM »
For me I would say my limit  would be  a $100 month.  Really depends on what I find,  Some months I  might not find anything and some months everything that I want is there.

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2009, 05:53:50 AM »
I completely agree with that what 00fire501 said. My limit is about 110€  per month, depending on what I found.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2009, 06:23:10 AM »
Yepper mine is set at a hundred a month too. It has gotten a lot better since I started selling off some of my old stuff too. Also, since I can't find anything it adds up a bit too. I was doing pretty good till some guys got me into Action Fleet.

Offline Darth Aussie

• Major
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2009, 06:28:39 AM »
I try to keep it about 50 a month but bills will always get in the way....lol

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2009, 06:38:48 AM »
I never set a budget but my spending needs to slow down a bit as times are getting tighter around here. The main thing I do is not use credit cards on purchases. If I have cash in pocket to pay for it OK if not I have to leave it on the shelf. I have been thinking about doing more commissions to help pay for new figures. If anyone is interested hit me up.

Offline Phatty

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
    • Imperialshipyards.net
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2009, 01:15:31 PM »
I don't have a budget, mostly because I buy very little anymore.  If a new ship is out that I've been wanting, I'll pick one up on payday, but then I won't spend any more until next payday.  Most of my SW money goes to Sideshow and Gentle Giant anyway, so if I know I have a couple of those coming soon, I dont buy anything at all.

Offline dana.raye.smith

• Commodore
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2009, 03:24:14 PM »
Well.... between my toys and the kids toys.... and starwars books and comics which dont come too often....
I guess I average about $200 a month.... but that is an average spread over a 12 month period....
And really dependant upon what the kids get and what I find for myself....
A typical month would be about $50-$75 on figs.... Ships I dont really get unless they really tickle my fancy....
But there are also my average of 5-10 figs a month bought off ebay that I cant find or which I get on a super-low-ball bid...ussually less than retail prices with shipping....
Then you throw in the average of 2-6 video games and a movie or two and a boxed set....
Man, I really do spend too much on this stuff.... just like my wife says.....
But if she can get her hair did and nails done and all that hair and makeup stuff, then I deserve something too....
And I make more money than her... my toys come from my extra/mad money.... which dwindles more as the year goes on....

Offline narceron

• Sirian Naval Commander
  • Brigadier
    • Narceron.com(defunct)
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2009, 04:35:40 PM »
Currently, 100 dollars a month, but as I've stated elsewhere, toys are getting a 90% phase out for me in January, as I prepare to amass playmobil for my little boy.

So if anyone has playmobil they want to trade for action figures, let me know, :)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2009, 06:35:41 PM »
I have a pirate boat or two. My little girl doesn't play with her stuff much.

Offline narceron

• Sirian Naval Commander
  • Brigadier
    • Narceron.com(defunct)
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2009, 11:49:24 AM »
What is it about pirates, I just got a half complete pirate ship in the mail, its a blue boat, very cool, has a skeleton, lol.

LOL, still, I don't suppose we can have too many pirates, :)

Drop me a pm if you decide you can move it.

Two things, I'm poor and I'm planning on collecting this stuff for two years, :)

But yeah, anyone with playmobil to unload, a little or a lot, let me know.

Offline UnitedStatesDemocrat

• Mand'alor
  • Fleet Admiral
  • USD, Democrat (D)
    • USD on Flickr
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2009, 03:27:19 PM »
I usually have about $80 a month, but I'm trying to save for the college so knock that down to about $10-$20.
Federal Presidential Constitutional Republic of the United States of America
Outer Rim Territories, Mandalore Sector, Mandalore System, Mandalore

Offline zedhatch

• Commodore
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2009, 01:41:44 PM »
I don't set a sum but I do limit what I purchase according to what is out there.  Generally I keep it low (about 2-3 figs a wave) but have gone over  sometimes (ie ROTS wave cause I wanted the YVH-! Droid even though I have yet to get the arm that came with cody)

Updates Mon-Fri every week, also reviews and much much more.

Offline McMetal

• Colonel
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2009, 08:52:51 PM »
Does the budget include $$$ spent on gas driving all over town on the Hunt every week?

I haven't done that for awhile, but it was getting pretty pricey.

I don't really have a budget per se, but my collecting is limited pretty much to the TCW line, so it's not a huge financial commitment. When new stuff comes out, I hunt it down and snag it, ASAP.

I do have more of a set budget for my vintage collection, that is around $75-$100 a month. I have a timeline in place for completing that part of my collection, so it helps to stay consistent with the scores.

Offline 110clones

• IT'S A TRAP!!!
  • Commodore
  • IT'S A TRAP!!!
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2009, 05:20:10 PM »
Mine used to be
 30-50 bux a month.