Author Topic: Hemble's other Custom's - German Armoured Train WWII 1:35 P198 02/04/2024  (Read 521566 times)

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Re: Hemble's other Custom's - SAFS-FIREBALL 04/01/11
« Reply #135 on: January 22, 2011, 02:35:35 AM »
Hi All

Well I put the 1/6 boulder chase dio on hold for a short period and started another indy 1/6 project, this time the entrance to the Map Romm from ROTLA. This is a WIP and here is what I have done so far enjoy and lmk what you think.

The first 4 pics so the frame work which is foamcore for the sides which will be built up more using balsa wood and some scrap foam I got from work.

Once I got the angle I wanted I then drew a rough outline of teh size of the entrance using a perm marker. I then used superglue and traced around the marker and the superglue ate into the foam leaving an impression in the foam.

I used pottery clay called DAS clay here in Australia to build up the stone work and once I was done I used a sandstone to make impression into the clay to simulate the stone. (more on the next post.)

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #136 on: January 22, 2011, 02:42:33 AM »
As you can see by the close up the sandstone really gives a great realistic stone look when pressed into the clay, and next to that is the stone I used.

I have also done the barricade that stops any small rocks or sand falling into the area, this was made by using balsa wood for the wooden blanks and dried tree branches from the back yard.

The bolts are pieces of plasti card which were inserted after drilling holes and then using a hot screw driver the tips were pressed down to simulate the bolts.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #137 on: January 22, 2011, 02:52:06 AM »
I picked ip a Sallah outfit from a great guy called Deniz from the Sideshow forums and here is the link to his site http://www.d-artstudios.com/. He also does other outfit. I also just wanted to show the scale with the figure added.

The shovel is from the bits box and is an American trench shovel I cut of the small handle and used a skew stick and drilled into the shovel and glue and inserted the stick.

The staff of Ra is again a skew stick with a 1/35 scale resin tank shell attached and the the top was cut and sanded to allow the medallion (medicom) to either be removed and kept in place.

The torch is made from thin decorative sticks that you get from furniture places they sit in pots/vases that sought of thing. I cut them to size and then used model ship rope to tie them all together I have made 3 of these already for other project and they are really easy to make.

Ron

Offline CaptainLux

• "Get the order and execute it. Let the generals sort out the rest." -CC-5052
  • Fleet Admiral
  • Captain Lux 327th Star Corps
Re: Hemble's other Custom's - ROTLA Map room entry WIP 22/01/11
« Reply #138 on: January 29, 2011, 05:26:00 PM »
this is nice, looks intresting!

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #139 on: January 30, 2011, 07:57:33 AM »
Ron this is looking great! I really like your techniques and thanks for showing these progress shots. The Sallah robes look awesome! Can't wait to see more of this.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #140 on: January 30, 2011, 08:56:57 AM »
Oh  yeah, this is turning out great. I can't wait to see the finished product.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #141 on: January 30, 2011, 12:16:11 PM »
that Sallah outfit is very nice looking. I love the etching technique you used with the superglue and foam. Another winner in the making.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #142 on: January 30, 2011, 03:37:03 PM »
Hi All

Cheers guys I am just waiting for some river sand to arrive at my local garden shop so I can finish it off . I have another Indy dio in the works as well and will post pics as soon as it's done.

Ron

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
  • I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in th
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #143 on: February 01, 2011, 09:41:47 PM »
Looking good Ron, I can't wait to see more!   :o

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #144 on: February 01, 2011, 10:06:30 PM »
Hi All

CloneSniper78 - Thanks heaps bro and just wanted to let everyone know that I may not be posting for a couple of days as we are getting ready for a CAT 5 cyclone to hit. Their saying that power could be out for a few days but fingers crossed that all will be well.

So will talk to you all soon

Ron

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #145 on: February 02, 2011, 02:24:35 AM »
Hi All

CloneSniper78 - Thanks heaps bro and just wanted to let everyone know that I may not be posting for a couple of days as we are getting ready for a CAT 5 cyclone to hit. Their saying that power could be out for a few days but fingers crossed that all will be well.

So will talk to you all soon

Ron
You be careful, Ron. We got dumped on with a foot of snow yesterday.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #146 on: February 02, 2011, 05:04:17 AM »
I saw that it looked like Queensland was getting ready to get another hit. Wow you guys have gotten some precipitation of your own the past few months. Stay dry and safe Ron. By the way I added your site's link and your store link to our hyperlinks page. I hope you didn't mind, if you do let me know and I will pull it down.

Offline wraithnine

• Grand Moff
  • Hasbro , putting the "FU" in fun
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #147 on: February 02, 2011, 02:40:01 PM »
Blimey! Ron everytime i see this dio i wanna  go and watch  Raiders of the Lost Ark !  your Indy dios are THAT good!
R.I.P. The Clone Wars line ..Hasbro you are ..idiots
good riddance to Movie Heroes...
http://www.facebook.com/WraithnineCustoms

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #148 on: February 03, 2011, 10:48:01 PM »
Hi All

Clonehead & Tamer - Hey guys well we made it and F*@k me it was scary, we were lucky we only lost one roof tile and the back fence fell down and the large tree out front fell down.

We got power back up at 15.00 hrs today so that was good, and yep we are suppose to get another three cyclone coming so that will be fun.

Tamer mate that was great of you adding the links to the hyperlinks section thank you.

wraithnine - Cheers bro Hopefully in a few days thins around here get back to normal a little I'll be able to go and get my river sand to finish it off.

Ron

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #149 on: February 04, 2011, 07:28:44 AM »
Good to hear that guy. Wow I hope you guys get a break from the weather. We are having a pretty nasty winter as no doubt Phatty and Clonehead can attest to this week, but you guys haven't gotten a break in almost a year it seems.