Author Topic: Hemble's other Custom's - German Armoured Train WWII 1:35 P198 02/04/2024  (Read 523235 times)

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Re: Hemble's other Custom's - GB Peter Venkman 1:12 P168 02/08/20
« Reply #2505 on: August 01, 2020, 11:26:38 PM »
Hi All,

Ghostbusters Peter Venkman 1:12 scale.

Recipe.

Venkman - is from Hasbro's Plasma Series and once I got him in a pose I liked I then super glued the joints and puttied them up, I then used tissue paper and applied it to the uniform using watered down PVA glue. I repainted the utility belt, ghost trap, proton pack and neutrino wand using Vallejo Paints and I also added wires which I got from an old electrical cable and danger signs I resized and printed off the net.

I made the foot trap using plastic card, clear rod and wires and the cord from the foot trap to the ghost trap is an old ear phone cord. The smoke coming from the ghost trap is just some cotton wool which I tore apart and glued on and once the tissue was dry I then painted and slightly weathered the whole figure using Vallejo Paints.

Base - is high density foam and I used a sharp pencil to make the footpath, stone work and bricks and then I used a piece of sandstone and lightly tapped it over the brick, path and stone to give it a more natural look. The cement between the bricks was done by brushing spakfilla over them and then lightly wiping away the excess with a baby wipe. The door was done using balsa wood and the handle is plastic card and rod, the slime was done by mixing green paint with PVA glue and I little Woodland Scenics Realistic Water.

Ron

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Hemble's other Custom's - GB Ecto-1 (no scale) P167 27/07/20
« Reply #2506 on: August 02, 2020, 06:28:15 AM »
Ron this is just fantastic. Love the paint detail on this. Magic. Your middle name is Gandalf or Merlin.

Off to the front pages.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #2507 on: August 02, 2020, 11:13:01 PM »
Ron this is just fantastic. Love the paint detail on this. Magic. Your middle name is Gandalf or Merlin.

Off to the front pages.

LOL according to my kids it's old man and thanks heaps mate glad you liked it.

Ron

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #2508 on: August 19, 2020, 10:55:42 PM »
Ron, I'm so sorry that I missed this earlier. I love how Venkman turned out. The base is great and the foot trap is really amazing.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #2509 on: August 19, 2020, 11:32:19 PM »
Ron, I'm so sorry that I missed this earlier. I love how Venkman turned out. The base is great and the foot trap is really amazing.

Honestly all good buddy and thanks so much and really glad you like him.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #2510 on: September 10, 2020, 02:44:02 AM »
Hi All,

GI-JOE, Adventure Team. Secret of the Mummy's Tomb 1:12 scale.

Figure - The body/hands/boots are from a Damtoys German SS officer and the head is from a Hasbro 6" BS Death Star Trooper which has had a beard and small scare added using putty. The belt/holster/binoculars are from the German SS officer and the pouches are from an old Call of Duty WW2 figure, the water bottle is from a Madelman and the straps and buckles I got from the spare bits box and the hat is from Hasbro's 6" BS Farm boy Luke figure.

The shovel and pick have been made using a skewer and plastic and the net has been made using string which has been glued together and then given a wash of Vallejo's Flat Earth.

ATV & Sarcophagus - has been made using foam board for the shell and then plastic card was glued over the shell to give it more strength and the wheels are old Lego wheels I got from my Lego stash and I removed the studs from the hubs and glued 28mm shields to them.

The winch is made using plastic card as is the actual turn rod for the rob, the hooks are from Bandai's 1:12 Stormtrooper holsters and are the latches that hold the E11 blaster in place. The sarcophagus is made using foam board and peeling off the thin cardboard and the making the shape and gluing the pieces together and using a sharp pencil to make the markings.

The mummy was done by using a 3-3/4" Ugha Warrior from IJ Kingdom of the Crystal Skull and I then cut and repositioned the arms and then wrapped him in packing cloth.

Base - has been made using foam board and the walls and wall pictures were done using a sharp pencil. The sand was done by mixing sand and spakfilla with a little sand coloured paint added to it then applied to the base.

The palm tree was made using a cardboard tube with string wrapped around it and then tissue paper was applied by soaking it with watered down PVA glue. The palm throngs were made by painting A4 paper and then cutting out the shape and then cutting the leaves.

The oasis was done by making a hole and applying the spakfilla/sand mix and I then added foliage from MiniNatur and the water was done using resin and adding a small amount of Medium green for the centre of the pool and then adding light green for the edges.

Ron
« Last Edit: November 07, 2020, 07:05:28 PM by hemble »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Hemble's other Custom's - GI Joe Secret of the Mummys Tomb 1/12 P168 10/09/20
« Reply #2511 on: September 10, 2020, 03:05:43 AM »
Wow Ron. This is just wow! Top notch in every facet, but that is just what we are used to with your work. Man, so nice.

Off to the front pages.

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Hemble's other Custom's - GI Joe Secret of the Mummys Tomb 1/12 P168 10/09/20
« Reply #2512 on: September 10, 2020, 04:03:31 AM »
Sweet Ron! That brings back memories of my older brothers toys. The sarcophagus is perfect.

Offline JTrooper

• Master Toy Maker
  • Colonel
  • Mater Toy Maker
« Reply #2513 on: September 10, 2020, 05:25:26 AM »
This was totally cool great concept.

Offline Starchaser

• Moff
  • He who dares wins!
« Reply #2514 on: September 10, 2020, 12:16:34 PM »
Okay, that is just plain cool! I so remember that dune buggy! I never was able to get it when I was young, but I had several other classic GI Joe small vehicles. I really liked the ones that could be broken down and worn as "backpack" for the figures (I still have a motorcycle and the sail car). I digress. You did an absolutely brilliant job executing this playset. The sarcophagus and mummy look excellent. The dune buggy is spectacular. Really great job all the way around.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #2515 on: September 10, 2020, 08:05:57 PM »
Wow Ron. This is just wow! Top notch in every facet, but that is just what we are used to with your work. Man, so nice.

Off to the front pages.

Thanks so much Shawn.

Sweet Ron! That brings back memories of my older brothers toys. The sarcophagus is perfect.

Thanks heaps Clint and my brothers and I had them as well the amount of fun we had was awesome.

This was totally cool great concept.

Thanks mate.

Okay, that is just plain cool! I so remember that dune buggy! I never was able to get it when I was young, but I had several other classic GI Joe small vehicles. I really liked the ones that could be broken down and worn as "backpack" for the figures (I still have a motorcycle and the sail car). I digress. You did an absolutely brilliant job executing this playset. The sarcophagus and mummy look excellent. The dune buggy is spectacular. Really great job all the way around.

Thanks heaps buddy and I had also had a few of the fold up vehicles and I'm going to see if I can do one in 1:12 scale.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #2516 on: September 29, 2020, 02:15:11 AM »
Hi All,

GI Joe and the Search for the lost Idol 1:12 scale.

Figure/snake/idol - The figure's is from DamToys and the head is from Hasbro's BS 6" Death Star Trooper and I added a beard using putty and the snake is from Schleich and the idol was 3D printed by a mate.

Helicopter -  was made using plastic card and plastic rod/tube and I also used parts from a 1:35 scale tank and the jets I got from my Lego box.

Base - is foam board covered with a spakfilla/sand/dirt mix and was applied and dried I painted it. The ruined stone wall was done using foam, the grass tufts/shrubs are from MiniNatur and the vines are roots I got from the local bushland.

Ron
« Last Edit: November 08, 2020, 08:03:35 PM by hemble »

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #2517 on: September 29, 2020, 02:16:08 AM »
4 more.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #2518 on: September 29, 2020, 02:16:56 AM »
last 4

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Hemble's other Custom's - GI Joe Search for the lost Idol 1/12 P168 29/09/20
« Reply #2519 on: September 29, 2020, 02:55:39 AM »
Wow Ron. This is great. All the action. I like it a lot.

Off to the front pages.