Author Topic: Hemble's other Custom's - Indiana Jones - Pharaohs Tomb 1:12 P197 23/01/2024  (Read 516348 times)

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Re: Hemble's other Custom's - 7" Gorilla Soldier Dio WIP P57 04/09/14
« Reply #855 on: September 05, 2014, 03:49:03 AM »
Wow, another great looking POTA Dio. Off to share. You are making me want to go back and watch those old movies.

What did you think of the newest series (prequels I guess you would call them)?

Thanks heaps Shawn and yeah the old movies are still awesome I have been a huge fan ever since I was a kid. I think they have done such an amazing job with the graphics and the story line and I hear they are going or have started on the next one.

The next one should be when the lost ship from the first new movie lands back on earth so hopefully we will see the Taylor, Cornelius and Zira fingers crossed.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #856 on: September 06, 2014, 11:37:47 PM »
Hi All,

I wanted to make another POTA dio and this time round I used the NECA Gorilla and had him in a scene depicting him coming down into the subway where Brent and Nova first came down. Again my two kids ask me not to cover the joints like the usual statue type diorama's that I usually do,  I painted the base and figure using Vallejo and GW paints and pastels.

RECIPE

Gorilla Soldier - as mentioned before is from NECA and he and his equipment were given a complete repaint, I paid particluar attention to the face and eyes. I also repainted the body and gave the outfit some subtle washes and drybrushing to bring out the details.

Base - The base is made from foam core as are the stairs and then I used plaster cloth to cover the base and used plaster cloth to build up the stone/molten rock. The tiles are plasticard from Evergreens and you can pick it up from any good hobby shop.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #857 on: September 06, 2014, 11:39:00 PM »
4 more

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Hemble's other Custom's - 7" Gorilla Soldier Dio Complete P58 09/09/14
« Reply #858 on: September 07, 2014, 03:19:12 AM »
Wow, that didn't take long. Looks great. I like how you can see the facial features, especially the eyes, so much better in the custom version. Makes me wish NECA has the SW License I will definitely say that!

Off to share.

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
« Reply #859 on: September 07, 2014, 09:06:04 AM »
 Outstanding work Ron ! you have captured the look and feel perfectly ! Hope you have something lined up for the good Dr Zaius ! I like the facial work you did much better. Now i am hoping NECA puts out Taylor , Nova, and Zira.  Would love to see your take on the ending scene where  taylor sees the Statue Of Liberty ! I know you could pull that off nicely ....Art 

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #860 on: September 07, 2014, 11:15:32 PM »
Wow, that didn't take long. Looks great. I like how you can see the facial features, especially the eyes, so much better in the custom version. Makes me wish NECA has the SW License I will definitely say that!

Off to share.

Thanks heaps Shawn and yeah the details in these figures are amazing they just need a little paint to bring it out. And how cool would that be to have NECA do a SW line the figures would be stunning.

Outstanding work Ron ! you have captured the look and feel perfectly ! Hope you have something lined up for the good Dr Zaius ! I like the facial work you did much better. Now i am hoping NECA puts out Taylor , Nova, and Zira.  Would love to see your take on the ending scene where  taylor sees the Statue Of Liberty ! I know you could pull that off nicely ....Art 

Cheers mate and Zaius I have either the scene where he is holding the doll in Cornelius dig site from POTA or where he is next to the controls to the atomic bomb from BTPOTA, I'm deciding which one.

NECA have Zira coming but I hope the do a Taylor and Nova as the end scene is a must do for sure. The only problem is getting a horse in 7" scale I've looked so that I can do a mounted gorilla but with no luck.

Ron

Offline maxx-replicas

• Lieutenant
  • SCI-FI MODELING AND MORE
    • MAXX-RELICAS Sci-Fi Modeling And More
« Reply #861 on: September 08, 2014, 12:35:51 PM »
Another great "Mini-Diorama" from you - again (as usual) a very nice scenery. Your repaint
of the figure looks MUCH better than the original - especially the face and the eyes. I love your work - really !!!

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #862 on: September 08, 2014, 09:02:18 PM »
Another great "Mini-Diorama" from you - again (as usual) a very nice scenery. Your repaint
of the figure looks MUCH better than the original - especially the face and the eyes. I love your work - really !!!

Thanks heaps buddy and really glad you liked it.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #863 on: September 14, 2014, 12:45:34 AM »
Hi All,

Well here is another POTA WIP dio but this time the figures joints will be superglued and puttied up and the kids don't have a say in this one  ;D.

This dio will be called HUNTED and will depict a Expanded Universe scenario where the astronaut is on the run from the apes and will be between POTA and BTPOTA.

The base is built up with hugh density foam and tree is a dead branch I cut off the back garden tree. The astronaut's body is from artasylum 7" Enterprise line as I like the look of the suit and it almost looks like the astronauts suit from POTA.

The head is from artasylum's Star Trek TOS Scotty figure and the pistol is from the pats box and sorry can't remember what line it's from. And the Gorilla is from NECA's POTA original series line.

Ron

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Hemble's other Custom's - POTA-Hunted Dio WIP P58 14/09/14
« Reply #864 on: September 14, 2014, 04:47:35 AM »
All I know is this looks good on our front page now. You just make me shake my head your stuff is so awesome Ron!

Offline Mr. Black

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier
« Reply #865 on: September 14, 2014, 06:30:25 AM »
That's a cool work in progress there, Ron. Reminds me of that mini dio you did with the Rebel pilot on the run.

Offline Sjefke

• Commodore
  • The Yuzzum is in
« Reply #866 on: September 14, 2014, 07:08:59 AM »
Wow, Ron. 
Your dios really bring back the memories.    I like that subway tile.  For some reason,  that caught my eye when is saw the sequel in the theatre. You must be close to my demographic to have a passion for these older SF films.  (Freakin ancient as my kids would say). 
Nice that your kids take interest in your craft.  How old are they?  Mine are entering their teen/ tween years and are losing interest  action figures.  ¤~?#!* XBox. >:(   Guess I get to use all those clones for fodder.

Offline BlackThorne

• Colonel
  • Jamming!
    • Forja das Estrelas
« Reply #867 on: September 14, 2014, 02:28:54 PM »
These two dios could be parts of an awesome POA series

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #868 on: September 14, 2014, 05:10:28 PM »
All I know is this looks good on our front page now. You just make me shake my head your stuff is so awesome Ron!

Thanks heaps Shawn and as always I really appreciate the FP coverage.

That's a cool work in progress there, Ron. Reminds me of that mini dio you did with the Rebel pilot on the run.

Cheers mate and your spot on I stole that idea and transfered it to this one.

Wow, Ron. 
Your dios really bring back the memories.    I like that subway tile.  For some reason,  that caught my eye when is saw the sequel in the theatre. You must be close to my demographic to have a passion for these older SF films.  (Freakin ancient as my kids would say). 
Nice that your kids take interest in your craft.  How old are they?  Mine are entering their teen/ tween years and are losing interest  action figures.  ¤~?#!* XBox. >:(   Guess I get to use all those clones for fodder.

Thanks heaps buddy and yeah I'm in that Freakin ancient area as well;D, I grea up watching the POTA movies and TV series and even had all the Mego POTA figures. The daughter is 10 and teh boy is 5 and they are awesome critics no holding back with telling the truth when it comes to my work, I have changed many a paint job or dio base because they didn't like it.

The boy loves the XBOX especially anything Halo but he loves to check out my work to make sure I'm doing it right :D, The daughter she is artistic like her old man she loves to draw and make small dios for her schielch animals from time to time.

These two dios could be parts of an awesome POA series

Thanks mate I really want to do two to three dios from each movie once I get a chance which would look very cool.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #869 on: September 21, 2014, 07:55:43 PM »
Hi All,

Guys sorry there were no more WIP pics my wife decided to take my camera away with her when she went and saw Robbie Williams in concert, why she would want to take pics of him has me baffled ;D

This dio depicts Commander Hunter Hembling being the only survivor after his space craft crashed landed in the outer rims of the forbidden zone. After a few days travelling he comes across a dirt road and then suddenly he is fired apon, he looks where the shots had come from and to his surprise he see's Gorillas brandishing weapons.

Hembling flees for the forest and takes refuge waist deep in a muddy river bed where he sits and waits with his pistol at the ready and hopefully the Gorillas will completely miss him. He waits in the muddy river for over an hour and he thinks they have missed him then suddenly he hears foot steps and he knows that a Gorilla is just above him and he realizes that he is still being HUNTED.

RECIPE

Gorilla Soldier - is from NECA and he has had he's joints superglued then puttied up and then given a complete repaint, again I paid particluar attention to the face and eyes. I also repainted the body and gave the outfit some subtle washes and drybrushing to bring out the details.

Commander Hunter Hembling  - I gave him my son's name and this figure has the body from a Artasylum's Star Trek Enterprise Archer and the head from Artasylum's TOS Scotty. The head was given a beard and new hair and the insignia and flag where found on the net and downsized and prined out and the name tag was done  using PSP-6 and the pistol was from the parts box.

Base - The base was first built up using left over pieces of high density foam and then glued in position, I then got a piece of branch from the back garden and used that as a tree trunk and glued and pinned that into place.

I then covered the foam using plaster cloth strips and kept using them till I had the look I wanted. I let the plaster cloth dry then painted it dark brown and then covered the base with dirt, small twigs and bark I got from the back garden and ground it up into small pieces.

The vines and grass I got from the backyard and I let them dry for about an hour and then sprayed them with dull coate and then I painted them. I also used small ready made shrubs from Army Painter as well. The muddy water was done by mixing light brown paint with Woodland Scenics Realistic water then added that to the base.

Ron