Author Topic: Hemble's other Custom's - Indiana Jones - Pharaohs Tomb 1:12 P197 23/01/2024  (Read 516616 times)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Hemble's other Custom's - 7" Cornelius POTA WIP P56 24/08/14
« Reply #840 on: August 24, 2014, 06:23:31 AM »
Fantastic Ron. Can't wait to see how this turns out. Let me go front page this.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #841 on: August 24, 2014, 11:46:18 PM »
Fantastic Ron. Can't wait to see how this turns out. Let me go front page this.

Cheers Shawn and I'll have more pics soon.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #842 on: August 25, 2014, 12:53:10 AM »
Hi All,

A quick little update with base.

I covered the wall, floor, chair and table in plaster cloth and once dry covered that in watered down plaster of paris so it would sip into the cloth better. I then gave it a paint job to see how the colours would look and also put on two scrolls to show the the size of the table top.

I want to darken the wall a little so it's a sandy brown and darken the floor so that it is a sandy grey and then start on the shelves and then the trinkets, maps etc.

Ron
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 11:42:24 PM by hemble »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Hemble's other Custom's - 7" Cornelius POTA WIP P57 25/08/14
« Reply #843 on: August 25, 2014, 02:48:14 AM »
Wow, it is coming together nicely. Back to the front page.

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
« Reply #844 on: August 25, 2014, 10:42:18 AM »
Wow this is another grand slam Ron ! you dont see this movie come up to often for customizing , and you have done an amazing job with this so far !!! Looking forward to seeing it completed !  .....Art

Offline smeagol92055

• Global Moderator
  • Colonel
    • Smeagol's Art Blog!
« Reply #845 on: August 25, 2014, 12:09:44 PM »
This is a great bit of scenery! All the better to vivisect those darn dirty humans in.
I have altered the action figure. Pray I don't alter it further.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #846 on: August 25, 2014, 11:25:18 PM »
Wow, it is coming together nicely. Back to the front page.

As always thanks heaps Shawn.

Wow this is another grand slam Ron ! you dont see this movie come up to often for customizing , and you have done an amazing job with this so far !!! Looking forward to seeing it completed !  .....Art

Cheers mate and your right you don't see alot of POTA custom but I have more I want to do so I can't wait to get stuck into them.

This is a great bit of scenery! All the better to vivisect those darn dirty humans in.

Thanks buddy, I have plans to make the cell area and disecting area I just need to find some 7" half naked humans.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #847 on: August 29, 2014, 09:39:37 PM »
Hi All,

I couldn't wait to get my hands on the new NECA POTA classic figures and I have to say I wasn't dissapointed,  these figures are execellent from the details on the uniform to the head sculpts are spoton.  My only bitch is the paint apps on the faces so I dcided to repaint Cornelius and mack a small display for him.

The display depicts him in his office and keeping in mind that he is an archaeoligist I wanted to make display with some relics,  maps and equipment in the office. My two kids kept nagging me not to cover the joints like the usual statue type diorama's that I usually do so who am I to argue with two critics LOL.

RECIPE

Cornelius - as mentioned before is from NECA and he was given a complete repaint, I paid particluar attention to the face and hands as the final made him look really pivved off. I also repainted the body and gave the outfit some subtle washes and drybrushing to bring out the details.

Base - The base is made from foam core and then I used plaster cloth to cover the base and I also made the window using the plaster cloth. Once dry I covered the plaster cloth with more plaster, I made the table and chair using high density foam and foam core and covered them in plaster cloth and plaster.

The shelf was made using left over balsa wood and the artifacts are parts from some other 7" figures and the rope is some leather that was repainted and the backpacks are from some 12" figures that have been altered.

The scrolls on the table are just pieces of paper rolled up and painted and the map was done by drawing the design in pencil and then painting over that and the pencil is a piece of plasticard which was painted, I also cut some paper to size to look like notes and drew on the first page with a pencil.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #848 on: August 29, 2014, 09:40:59 PM »
few more.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Hemble's other Custom's - 7" Cornelius POTA complete P57 30/08/14
« Reply #849 on: August 31, 2014, 07:14:58 AM »
Wow, fantastic like your usual work. Off to share yet again.

Offline spudafett

• Mando Master
  • Moff
  • He's no good to me mashed!
    • deviant art
« Reply #850 on: August 31, 2014, 08:29:10 AM »
amazing work.  I saw these at a local peddler's mall toy booth and nearly bought them... being a HUGE Planet of the Apes fan since I was a child I've loved all the movies, and even enjoyed the remakes! 

Your diorama's are fantastic.  I agree with your kids though, it's a toy, leave the joints so that you can re-pose him in the dio if you get the notion!  Just as a nod to the movie (although I know it's not the right scene to put this in) you should add a small paper airplane.  :)

Offline maxx-replicas

• Lieutenant
  • SCI-FI MODELING AND MORE
    • MAXX-RELICAS Sci-Fi Modeling And More
« Reply #851 on: August 31, 2014, 11:58:34 AM »
Another amazing work from you **allthumbsup** love the details !!!

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #852 on: September 01, 2014, 12:01:54 AM »
Wow, fantastic like your usual work. Off to share yet again.

Thanks heaps Shawn.

amazing work.  I saw these at a local peddler's mall toy booth and nearly bought them... being a HUGE Planet of the Apes fan since I was a child I've loved all the movies, and even enjoyed the remakes! 

Your diorama's are fantastic.  I agree with your kids though, it's a toy, leave the joints so that you can re-pose him in the dio if you get the notion!  Just as a nod to the movie (although I know it's not the right scene to put this in) you should add a small paper airplane.  :)

Cheers mate and yeah I have to agree with and the kids on this one the joints had to saty untouched.  I did't think of the paper airplane I might have to make one and it to the dio.

Another amazing work from you **allthumbsup** love the details !!!

Cheers mate and glad you liked it.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #853 on: September 03, 2014, 11:50:56 PM »
Hi All,

Here is another POTA WIP dio, this one depicts the apes heading down into the subway to search for any enemies.

The base is foam core with plasticard simulating the tiles which were superglued to the foam and the also made from foamcore. Once dry I used plaster cloth to build up the stone and then used plaster cloth on the stairs.

Once the plaster cloth was dry I used watered down plaster on the stairs to cover the plaster cloth. I then used the left over watered down plaster and mixed in some fine sand and covered the stone area.

The Gorilla Soldier has had his joints superglued and he will have his joints puttied up and then he will be painted.

Ron
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 11:54:54 PM by hemble »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Hemble's other Custom's - 7" Gorilla Soldier Dio WIP P57 04/09/14
« Reply #854 on: September 05, 2014, 03:13:02 AM »
Wow, another great looking POTA Dio. Off to share. You are making me want to go back and watch those old movies.

What did you think of the newest series (prequels I guess you would call them)?