Author Topic: Hemble's other Custom's - Indiana Jones - Pharaohs Tomb 1:12 P197 23/01/2024  (Read 516730 times)

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Re: Hemble's other Custom's - Indy's office WIP P55 25/05/14
« Reply #825 on: May 25, 2014, 10:22:07 PM »
Looks great. Wow, LQ is gonna be one happy dude! Off to the front page.

Thanks heaps Shawn.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #826 on: June 17, 2014, 03:09:37 AM »
Hi All,

I didn't get a chance to complete LQ comp dio before I had to go field but it is finally complete. Sorry for the poor quality pics but the weather here as been really crappy so I haven't been able to do my usual outdoor shots.

The boilers were made using old paint containers some 1/35th scale take wheels and some bendy straws. The file cabinet was made using plasti card and the large urn was made using a smaller paint container with tissue paper with a very small amount of plaster of paris.

The books and papers/maps on the desk are from Hasbro TLC Henry figure and the other items are either from the internet or hand drawn. Indy is a Hasbro TLC Henry and the head is made from a TOD lower head with a KOTCS upper head.

Ron
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 03:11:15 AM by hemble »

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #827 on: June 17, 2014, 03:13:23 AM »
1 more.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 09:05:28 PM by hemble »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Hemble's other Custom's - Indy's office Complete P56 17/06/14
« Reply #828 on: June 17, 2014, 04:58:47 AM »
Wow, wish I had won this contest! Just awesome Ron. Off to share.

Offline jkno

• Dracula's Neighbor
  • Admiral
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • Deviant
« Reply #829 on: June 18, 2014, 03:38:38 AM »
This looks very nice!  :)
Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates, but doesn't go away
My collection
Trade Feedback

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #830 on: June 18, 2014, 10:16:48 PM »
Hi All,

Tamer & jkno - Thanks guys and glad you liked it.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #831 on: July 06, 2014, 12:13:27 AM »
Hi All,

I have always loved the Argonauts movie and when Revoltech released these amazing articulated skeletons I knew I had to get some and make a small diorama with them.

Skeletons - The Skeletons are from Revoltech and have been put into the poses I liked and then the joints were superglued and then puttied. I decided to make the swords and shields a little more like they have been in the ground for a while and gave them some rust and dirt affects using pastel chalks.

Base - The base is a small picture frame from a $2 shop and the ground was done by mixing plaster of paris, very small rocks and potty mix and added to the base. The turned up soil was done by allowing the mixer to almost dry and with a tooth pick I just started to fold the mixer of and split it apart. The column is also from the Revoltech Skeleton set and I had to use two sets to make one column, I then glued the two together and then puttied up the gaps and the placed it onto the base.

The skeletons, weapons/shields, column and ground work were painted and weathered using Vallejo paints and pastel chalks.

« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 09:02:11 PM by hemble »

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #832 on: July 06, 2014, 12:14:41 AM »
few more.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 09:03:27 PM by hemble »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Wow, this looks fantastic! I was just talking about this movie with Darth Sinister. Off the share.

Offline Sjefke

• Commodore
  • The Yuzzum is in
Ron
What a blast from the past.  I loved that movie as a kid.  I doubt the CGI generation ever heard of it.

Amazing job as usual.

Jeff

Offline darthcrassus

• Lieutenant
    • Darth Crassus Customs
Nice display. These skeleton figures actually make good enemies for the Figma Link. They're close to in scale.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Wow, this looks fantastic! I was just talking about this movie with Darth Sinister. Off the share.

Thanks Shawn and that is funny as I decided to watch this movie on Friday with the boy and that gave me teh idea for this.

Ron
What a blast from the past.  I loved that movie as a kid.  I doubt the CGI generation ever heard of it.

Amazing job as usual.

Jeff

Cheers Jeff and your probably right about that, the poor buugers don't know what their missing.

Nice display. These skeleton figures actually make good enemies for the Figma Link. They're close to in scale.

Thanks mate and I haven't see a Revoltech Link but I would presume they would be.

Ron

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
Ron this outstanding and  truly is a blast from the past !! This was my favorite scene in the movie and you have captured it perfectly !! Bravo sir  ....... Art

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Ron this outstanding and  truly is a blast from the past !! This was my favorite scene in the movie and you have captured it perfectly !! Bravo sir  ....... Art

Thanks Heaps Art.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Hi All,

Well the biggest thing I've been waiting for besides the SW 6" figures is NECA's POTA Classic line and I finally got my hands on the series 1 set which includes Cornelius, Dr Zaius and Gorilla Soldier.

These figures are AWESOME the detail is spot and the likeness is again spot on the articulation is very good as well but you all know what I think of articulation  ;D.

Anyway I am GOING APE for a few customs and to start of with I will be doing small dios with each character. Cornelius is first up and I will have him in his office collecting paperwork and maps etc to show Dr Zaius so he get permission to venture back into the neutral zone.

The pics show the basic outline so far with the base being done with foam core and this will be covered with plaster cloth to give it a more stone look.

The table is done using high density foam and the chair is done with foam core and high density foam and these will be covered with either plaster or plaser cloth.

more WIP soon.

Ron