Author Topic: Hemble's other Custom's - German Armoured Train WWII 1:35 P198 02/04/2024  (Read 522979 times)

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Hemble's other Custom's - Indy Classroom Complete 3-3/4" P52 10/2/14
« Reply #780 on: February 11, 2014, 08:04:17 AM »
Brilliant work Ron and the pics are stunning!

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #781 on: February 14, 2014, 12:12:22 AM »
Hi All,

Tamer & Luke Sprywalker - Thanks heaps guys.

Ron

Offline darthdaddy

• Major
  • customsforthekid.blogspot.com
    • Customs for the Kid
« Reply #782 on: February 21, 2014, 04:15:26 AM »
Love your Indy dios!!  The Indiana Jones movies had a huge impact on me growing up.  So much so that I ended up getting my degree in archaeology/ anthropology and lived and worked in Africa at some of the most famous dig sites in the world.  You definitely did the film justice.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #783 on: February 22, 2014, 01:23:50 AM »
Hi All,

darthdaddy - Thanks mate I'm glad you like the dios and that is great to hear that the movies had that much of an impact. And I think I'll have to hit you up on some reference material if you have any pics.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #784 on: April 07, 2014, 05:02:11 AM »
Hi All,

Sorry I haven't been around the last few week, I had major surgery on my knee and ankle and have been laid up in bed. I did have a laptop but that decided it didn't want to play the game anymore. I was finally allowed to get up and about a few days ago and the first thing I wanted to do was do some painting so here it is.

When I heard that Figma were doing a 6" Indiana Jones figure I was stoked so I picked up two of them but after receiving the figures I was a little dissapointed in the paint apps and some of the gear. So with not being happy with the before mentioned items I decided to repaint and twik some of the gear.

RECIPE

1: Indiana Jones - The figure itself is just a straight repaint using Vallejo, Games Workshop and pastel to paint and weather the figure. I removed the strap and bag and replaced the plastic strap with a strip of leather cut to size. I then attached two small o-rings made from thin wire to the leather strap and then attached some material to the o-rings and attached that to the bag, I then cut the buckle from the plastic strap and attached that to the leather strap.

The whip holder that is on the figure is just a molded piece of plastic which has a slot cut into it so that a whip can be attached to it. I decided to remove this molded whip holder and replace it with a thin piece of leather cut to size. I then used two very small magnets and attached one to the leather and the other I drilled a hole and inserted the other magnet in to hole and superglued it into place.

The whips that come with the figure have no details so I cut the handles off and drilled into the end of the handles and inserted strips of pleather and then added model ship bout rope to the end of the pleather.

2: Base- The base was made from a left over piece of high density foam, I cut the foam to make the step and then used a sharp pencil to inscribe the stone.  I then pressed a piece of sandstone into the foam to simulate a stone look, I then used a mix of dirt and mulch to build up the ground work and then used fish tank plants and army builder shrubs to make the folage.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #785 on: April 07, 2014, 05:03:10 AM »
two more.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Hemble's other Custom's - Indy repaint 6" P53 07/04/14
« Reply #786 on: April 08, 2014, 02:15:57 AM »
Nice, I had wondered what you thought about this new six inch figure. Now I see.

Off to share on the front page.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #787 on: April 08, 2014, 06:07:59 AM »
Good grief, what a transformation! Stunning work Ron and that is a great sculpt on this figure. I really want one now!

Offline darthcrassus

• Lieutenant
    • Darth Crassus Customs
« Reply #788 on: April 08, 2014, 07:49:38 AM »
Wow! I haven't bought the Figma Indy yet because for the price I'm not all that enamored with the paint job, but I'd definitely plunk down $60 for YOUR version of the figure.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #789 on: April 08, 2014, 04:46:21 PM »
Nice, I had wondered what you thought about this new six inch figure. Now I see.

Off to share on the front page.

Cheers Shawn and I can only hope Hasbro do some 6" versions and as always thanks for the FP mate.

Good grief, what a transformation! Stunning work Ron and that is a great sculpt on this figure. I really want one now!

Thanks heaps Spry and yeah the sculpt is awesome but it's the paint apps that kill it.

Wow! I haven't bought the Figma Indy yet because for the price I'm not all that enamored with the paint job, but I'd definitely plunk down $60 for YOUR version of the figure.

Thanks mate and I was lucky to get to for under $55aus each on ebay with free postage so that was a bonus.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #790 on: April 11, 2014, 01:06:47 AM »
Hi All

In 2889 while on patrol in sector 325-A in the harsh desert regions of Australia CPL Wayne Nash of the Strahl National Defence Army becomes seperated from his unit after coming under attack from a Mercenary unit.  He starts moving back thru the open desert trying not to over heat his suit which has seen better days.

CPL Nash decides he has no other choice but to start RETURNING FIRE at the Mercenary unit to try and avoid being captured or even worse killed in this hell hole of a region.

RECIPE

GUSTAV - Is from a model company called WAVE corporation and was built straight from the box, I was very happy with this kit as the detail is execellent and all the parts went together well with little to no effort what so ever.  The only modifications I made was to the head, I swapped out the kit head and replaced it with a 1/18 scale head from a WW2 German action figure.  Once I was happy with the position of the figure and painted it using Vallejo, Games Workshop piants and pastels.

Base - The base is a piece of foam core cut out to the desired shape. Once the figure was painted it was then glued onto the base and then putty was used to build op the groun work, I mixed washed river sand and small rocks togther and then added that to the putty while it was still wet.

Once the snad and stone mixer was added I then cut up a 205LT drum from Hasbro's Indiana Jones German Jeep playset and added that to the base. Once it was all dried I used Vallejo and pastels to paint and weather the ground and drum, I then got some dried roots from the garden and put them inplace by drilling holes into the base and inserting the roots.

Ron
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 03:52:45 AM by hemble »

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #791 on: April 11, 2014, 01:09:39 AM »
three more.

« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 03:54:20 AM by hemble »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Hemble's other Custom's - Gustav - Returning Fire 1/20th P53 11/04/14
« Reply #792 on: April 13, 2014, 06:29:47 AM »
Wow, Ron I keep wishing there was something I could say to show you how impressed I am with all your builds. This is another typical fantastic work. Off to share.

I would love to see pictures of your hobby or collection room that's for sure!

Offline FialaFernbrugg

• engineer
  • High Admiral
  • Custom figures and vehicles.
    • Visit FialaFernbrugg on YouTube
« Reply #793 on: April 13, 2014, 07:42:42 AM »
Nice little dio Ron.
The Panzerkampfanzug looks awesome.
I'm a big fan of your Maschinenkrieger stuff.

btw. I agree with Shawn. A picture of your collection room would be great.

Offline maxx-replicas

• Lieutenant
  • SCI-FI MODELING AND MORE
    • MAXX-RELICAS Sci-Fi Modeling And More
« Reply #794 on: April 13, 2014, 11:16:46 AM »
another masterpice from Ron - great details and a fantastic paintjob !