Author Topic: Hemble's other Custom's - German Armoured Train WWII 1:35 P198 02/04/2024  (Read 523133 times)

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Re: Hemble's other Custom's - Search & Destroy WIP 1/20TH P47 10/12/13
« Reply #705 on: December 12, 2013, 05:39:18 AM »
Wow Ron. I had to use the back of the space suited figure for the front page as the detail and paint work on that is spectacular. I bet the commissioner of this is one happy person.

Thanks Shawn and he is very happy which is always great to hear.

That look great -there are so much details (with all the rivets  :o) on wreckage and the paint job is ....WOW...
That's outstanding craftsmanship ***thumbs up***

Thanks heaps mate, I'm really glad you like it so far.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #706 on: December 12, 2013, 05:42:40 AM »
Hi All,

Well this dio is all complete and I thought I would give it a little story as well.

In 2888 while patrolling near the moon a Mercenary Heavy Cruiser picked up a Strahl Light Attack craft on it's scanners coming out of cover of the dark side of the moon,  the Mercenary Cruiser quickly caught up with the Strahl craft and started opening fire upon the Strahl craft destroying it in minutes.

After a few scans after the Strahl craft was destroyed the Mercenary Cruiser started picking up life signs so they dispatched a squad of S.A.F.S Space Type 2 Snake-Eye's for a SEARCH and DESTROY mission. This scene depicts one of those Snake-Eye's stopping quickly on part of the destroyed Strahl craft scanning the area for life signs.

This operations will take sometime has the wreckage hides the life signs extremely well but for one poor survivor his time could be up quicker then he thought.

RECIPE

S.A.F.S. - Is from a model company called WAVE corporation and was built straight from the box, I was very happy with this kit as the detail is execellent and all the parts went together well with little to no effort what so ever.

Space suit figure - The figures body is from the Vintage Style Hoth Luke in Pilot Gear, the boots and gloves are from the Naboo Security Gaurd, the helmet and shoulder/chest rig is from a GI Joe Wild Weasel and the head is from a Rebel Trooper. The Backpack are parts made from some left over SW parts and the oyegen hose came from the S.A.F.S. kit which was a spare.

Once I got all the parts for the space suit together a superglued all the joints and then used AVES Fixit Sculpt to cover the joints up, Once both figures where done I painted and weathered them using Vallejo and GW paints and pastel chalks.

Base/Wreckage - The base I picked up from the local craft shop for $2 and the wreckage is a combination of different sizes, shapes and thickness of plasticard, some old Star Trek 1/1000th warp nacelles, old cumputer cables and coat hanger wire to keep the pieces all togther.

The riverts were done by using a small drill bit and the numbering was done by printing off some numbers and then cutting them out and then drybrushing over the cutout areas to get the look you see on the wrecked hull. As with the figures the wreckage was painted and weathered by using Vallejo, Tamiya and GW paints and sprays and pastel chalks.

Ron
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 03:59:31 AM by hemble »

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #707 on: December 12, 2013, 05:44:20 AM »
A few more.

« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 04:01:13 AM by hemble »

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #708 on: December 12, 2013, 05:45:49 AM »
and last four.

« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 04:02:45 AM by hemble »

Offline maxx-replicas

• Lieutenant
  • SCI-FI MODELING AND MORE
    • MAXX-RELICAS Sci-Fi Modeling And More
Re: Hemble's other Custom's - Search & Destroy Complete 1/20TH P48 12/12/13
« Reply #709 on: December 13, 2013, 12:42:07 AM »
AHHHHHH...phantastic.. 0/..love your work. Looks so real and the paintjob is very, very beautiful. Unfortunately I did not find the right words for it in english... ;)

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #710 on: December 13, 2013, 03:33:03 AM »
I had to get this on the front page yesterday, but just now have time to comment. It turned out great Ron. Two thumbs way up.

Offline jkno

• Dracula's Neighbor
  • Admiral
  • Dracula's Neighbor
    • Deviant
« Reply #711 on: December 13, 2013, 10:33:29 AM »
Really cool piece there!!
Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates, but doesn't go away
My collection
Trade Feedback

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #712 on: December 13, 2013, 11:00:44 AM »
That is a showpiece, Ron! Very well done.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #713 on: December 13, 2013, 05:27:07 PM »
Hi All,

maxx-replicas,  Tamer,  jkno & Clonehead - Guys thanks heaps for the replies I really appreciate them and I'm stoked that you all enjoyed this dio.

Ron

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #714 on: December 15, 2013, 11:14:26 AM »
Just catching up to this latest project! Most excellent work Ron! Other than the amazing craftsmanship, one of my favorite things about your designs is that they always tell a story. That is a great achievement tru a static piece. This one is a jaw dropper!

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #715 on: December 19, 2013, 04:09:25 AM »
Just catching up to this latest project! Most excellent work Ron! Other than the amazing craftsmanship, one of my favorite things about your designs is that they always tell a story. That is a great achievement tru a static piece. This one is a jaw dropper!

Thanks heaps Spry.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #716 on: December 27, 2013, 07:35:35 PM »
Hi All,

I hope everyone had a wonderful xmas and got lots of great pressies.

Well I have had alot of people email me about the photonovel comp that is happening at the moment http://www.imperialshipyards.net/SMF/index.php?topic=8855.msg167062#msg167062 and have asked what kind of custom playsets can they use in their photonovels.

Well I have decided to make a small dio/playset so that people can get an idea of what can be used in their photonovels and do some WIP for them as well. I decided that I would make a partial dio representing the interior of a Mayan temple.

Pic 1,2 & 3 - This small dio/playset will have spikes and a moveable wall section. The structure is made using foamcore and the paper/thin cardboard was removed using a very sharp long kitchen knife.

Once cut the pieces of foam were glued together and left to dry for a few hours. Once dry I started drawing the stone into the foam using a led pencil, I have used a indy figure to show the size of the base.

Next up will be the texturing and spikes and small details.

« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 07:39:40 PM by hemble »

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Re: Hemble's other Custom's - Mayan Temple WIP 3-3/4" P48 28/12/13
« Reply #717 on: December 28, 2013, 03:30:38 AM »
Hi All,

Pic 4, 5 & 6 - As you can see in Pic 4 I have added a upper and lower section on the wall to give it a little more depth and as with the rest of the base this is foamcore with the paper/thin cardboard removed. I have also added holes in the lower part of the base for the spikes to go. I don't know if you can see it in the pics? I used a piece of sand stone and pressed it into the foam to give it a more realistic look.

Pic 4 -  I have removed the inner circle of the rounded stones so that I can added some hasbro items. Pic 5 is the moving wall section which again is made from foamcore and I decided to give this sections larger stones. You can't see it in the pic but I hace added a grip on the backside of the wall.

In Pic 6 I have added spikes which are the eneds of skewers which were just cut to size and the holes that I hollowed out have been filled using the artifacts that come with teh old Hasbro Indy figures.

« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 03:35:44 AM by hemble »

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #718 on: December 28, 2013, 03:45:13 AM »
Hi All

Pic 7 & 8 - show the moving wall inplace which can slide right to left and left to right and can also be removed if you don't want it, and in Pic 9 my daughter wanted to see what a full length version would look like so I did a very simple photo shop for her.

next will be the painting and weathering.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 03:48:35 AM by hemble »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #719 on: December 28, 2013, 08:33:36 AM »
Looks fantastic Ron. Off to share. I must say I don't know how you are gonna top your last Mayan work, but you are off to a great start.