Author Topic: Hemble's other Custom's - German Armoured Train WWII 1:35 P198 02/04/2024  (Read 520664 times)

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Re: Hemble's other Custom's - GI Joe Adventure Team 3-3/4" P45 13/10/13
« Reply #675 on: October 12, 2013, 08:18:21 AM »
Ron, you have outdone yourself this time.

I have a feeling the JOE guys will keep your in box filled up for the rest of your life.

Thanks heaps Shawn I had a blast doing these figures/vehicles/dios. And I think your right mate LOL

Offline hangarbay94

• Imagineering
  • Moff
    • XWA-The Web-Comic Homepage
« Reply #676 on: October 15, 2013, 12:47:15 AM »
Ron,

I love the retro styling of these latest crop of dioramas, every one of them is just superb. You also cram a great deal of imagination into these small sets, they are great fun to look at.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #677 on: October 16, 2013, 01:08:20 AM »
Ron,

I love the retro styling of these latest crop of dioramas, every one of them is just superb. You also cram a great deal of imagination into these small sets, they are great fun to look at.

Hey Jules,

Thanks heaps buddy and great to hear from you.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #678 on: November 08, 2013, 10:51:04 PM »
Hi All,

I started playing my old PC and XBOX Fallout games again and thought that I would make a little diorama of a Vault Dweller,  his not any paticular character from any of the games and I made him come from Vault 111.

RECIPE

Vault Dweller/equipment - The main torso is from a GI Joe Wild Bill figure the one that came from the comic two pack. the legs are from a GI Joe Cobra Commander and the boots are from GI Joe figure from Rise of Cobra. The upper arms are from a KOTCS Indy figure and the right lower arm is from TOD Indy.

The Lower left arm (PIPBOY) is from a SW 4-LOM figure and the left hand is from a TOD Indy,  I used a 7" Star Trek Enterprise communicator to make the screen and bottom part of the PIPBOY.  The straps are made from strips of pleather and the buckle on the chest is from a Indy belt and the shoulder armour is from a SW IG-88 figure.

The pouches and water bottle are from a KOTCS Russian soldier and the holster is from a SW Quinlan Voss figure and was attached to some pleather,  the pistol is from a GI Joe figure and the rifle is from a WW2 Forces of Valor American GI.

Base - The base is a SW 1/6 Sideshow base, I used high density foam to make the road this foam hasn't had the sealer put onto it like the blue foam you get so it was ideal for the making of the road.  I cut the foam up and then just pulled sections off here and there to get the look I wanted and then attached it to the base.

The ground work was built up using modellers clay and then dirt with kitty litter and pieces of twig were ground up and mixed up and added to the base,. The skulls are from the Pitfall Indiana Jones playset and the small tufts of grass are from Army Painter and are called wasteland tufts,  the dead trees were pulled off a small bush in a pot plant.

The billboard I got off the net and glued it to thin cereal box cardboard and once dry I cut of about a 1/4 of it and started to scrap at the picture until I got the worn look I wanted, I then made the main structure using plasticard. I gave it a good weathering using pastels and ageing powder.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #679 on: November 08, 2013, 10:54:41 PM »
few more.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Hemble's other Custom's - Fallout - Vault Dweller 3-3/4" P46 09/11/13
« Reply #680 on: November 09, 2013, 05:12:00 AM »
With all the part on this one I would sure love to see how large your fodder boxes are! Great looking figure and dio. Off to share.

Offline CloneSniper78

• Admiral
  • I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in th
    • www.youtube.com
« Reply #681 on: November 09, 2013, 02:35:32 PM »
That is very cool Ron, great job!

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #682 on: November 09, 2013, 04:11:11 PM »
With all the part on this one I would sure love to see how large your fodder boxes are! Great looking figure and dio. Off to share.

Cheers Shawn and I'll try and get a pic or two for you by the end of the day.

That is very cool Ron, great job!

Thanks mate.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #683 on: November 09, 2013, 07:52:55 PM »
Hi All,

Shawn - I have attached two pics of my fodder boxes, bags etc.  The ones on the floor are all 3-3/4" items from SW/Indy/Joe and WW2 and the boxes in the cupboard are 1/6 and 7" fodder, I also have a cupboard in the garage full of 1/35 and 1/72 scale models and parts.

Ron
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 07:54:48 PM by hemble »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #684 on: November 10, 2013, 04:36:23 AM »
LOL. Yeah, I figured you had a few bits lying around. Looks great Ron.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #685 on: November 10, 2013, 05:08:00 AM »
LOL. Yeah, I figured you had a few bits lying around. Looks great Ron.

Thanks mate and yeah you can never have to much fodder if you ask me LOL.

rON

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #686 on: November 10, 2013, 07:16:37 AM »
Nice shots of the fodder boxes. Yep, plenty of fodder is a nice thing.

Love the fallout figure and dio. That sign puts it over the top for me.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #687 on: November 10, 2013, 07:25:46 AM »
Another great looking figure and diorama! Very nice work and as Clint said, the sign seals the deal!

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #688 on: November 15, 2013, 04:38:26 PM »
Hi All,

Guys before I reply sorry for the late replies, I have been flat out last few days at work with stores coming back from overseas.

Nice shots of the fodder boxes. Yep, plenty of fodder is a nice thing.

Love the fallout figure and dio. That sign puts it over the top for me.

Thanks Clint and yeah I was very pleased with the way the sign turned out and it's amazing how much fodder you collect over the years.

Another great looking figure and diorama! Very nice work and as Clint said, the sign seals the deal!

Thanks heaps Spry.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #689 on: December 01, 2013, 01:42:29 AM »
Hi All,

Started a commission piece and thought I would show some WIP pics, this dio is called Search and Destroy and depicts a destroyed space craft and a Ma.k Snake Eye searching the debri for survivors to elimate them.

The Ma.k Snake Eye is straight out of the box and is 1/20th scale, I haven't built and Ma'k models in this scale for years and it was a fun and pleasing build and the details on the model have come along way since the early 90's when I first started building them.

The figure in the space suit is the poor sole that is trying to evade getting killed. He is made from a body of a hoth Luke skywalkerthe hands and legs from a Naboo security guard. The head is from a rebel soldier and the helmet and chest rigging are from a GI Joe Wild Weasel figure.  I still have to add a oxygen backpack and then superglue and cover the joints.

The wreckage is made from different shapes and thickness of plasticard's, the log cylinders are from 1/100th TOS Enterprise Nacelles and I had added wiring from some old computer cables. I don't know if you can reall see it in the pics the front of the hull has rivert holes drilled into the panels using a thin drill bit.

I will show more pics as I go of the painting and weathering.

Ron