Author Topic: Hemble's other Custom's - Indiana Jones - Pharaohs Tomb 1:12 P197 23/01/2024  (Read 516437 times)

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Re: Hemble's other Custom's - Centurions WIP 3-3/4" P44 11/08/13
« Reply #660 on: August 13, 2013, 11:38:09 PM »
Great minds think alike! I always knew that those Accelerator Suit bodies would make AWESOME Centurions!

Here's my take on them :

Mate they look great and the helmets are perfect.

Ron

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #661 on: August 14, 2013, 03:37:58 AM »
Awesome Ron. You sure do make me miss the ones I had as a kid. Off to share.

Offline Tankster

• Commander
« Reply #662 on: August 14, 2013, 07:17:53 AM »
GAHHH!!!!!! My inner Kid is screaming Heck Yeah I want them!!!!!

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #663 on: August 15, 2013, 05:02:07 AM »
Hi All,

Awesome Ron. You sure do make me miss the ones I had as a kid. Off to share.

Cheers Shawn  and I never found the original figures over here because if they did I would have got them all.

GAHHH!!!!!! My inner Kid is screaming Heck Yeah I want them!!!!!

thanks mate and Go on you know you want to make some of your own ;D

Ron
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 05:32:11 AM by hemble »

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #664 on: August 15, 2013, 05:35:12 AM »
Hi All,

Here are the completed pics of the Centurions. Sorry for the way the pics are my web site is having some major issues transferring pics and it could takes days for the web provider to fix the problem.

I use to love this show when I was a kid and after seeing an episode on youtube a while back I decided to give them a go and was more then happy the way they turned out.

RECIPE

Max, Ace & Jake - their bodies are Accelerator Suits from GI Joe Rise of Cobra, their heads are from SW and Indiana Jones figures. They have had holes drilled into their legs, arms, stomach, chest and back so that the equipment can be attached.

Equipment - Tidal Blast, Sling Shot & Sky Knight are a mix of SW toys, 1/35 tanks parts, 1/72 tanks parts and 1/72 airplane and Apache helicopter parts. Once all the equipment was put together both the equipment and figures where painted and weathered using Vallejo and GW paints.

Ron

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Hemble's other Custom's - Centurions Complete 3-3/4" P45 15/08/13
« Reply #665 on: August 15, 2013, 12:34:48 PM »
Wow, these turned out great Ron. Bet they look good sporting on our front page tomorrow too.

Offline Rogue Jedi

• Ensign
« Reply #666 on: August 16, 2013, 04:34:40 AM »
Those are fantastic!

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #667 on: August 16, 2013, 04:09:28 PM »
WOW! This is an amazing remake Ron! You have really captured every detail and perfected it. Brilliant work!

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #668 on: August 17, 2013, 04:55:06 PM »
Wow, these turned out great Ron. Bet they look good sporting on our front page tomorrow too.

Cheers Shawn and as always appreciate the FP.

Those are fantastic!

Thanks mate.

WOW! This is an amazing remake Ron! You have really captured every detail and perfected it. Brilliant work!

Thanks heaps Spry and I'm looking at making some other vehilces from the series soon.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #669 on: October 12, 2013, 07:27:44 AM »
Hi All,

Here are more pics with recipe's of my entries in the b'day comp enjoy and more pics can be seen in my joe section on my site.

ADVENTURE TEAM - SEARCH FOR THE STOLEN IDOL  3-3/4" (1 of 5)

It took me a while to decide what I was going to make and I finally decided to make some figures and vehicles from the old 70's Adventure Team GI Joes I use to play with when I was kid. Once I got everything togther it was painted and weathered using Vallejo and GW paints and chalk pastels.

RECIPE

Figure - The figure has a resin cast head which I got from STARWARSGEEK and the upper upper torso and biceps are from the TLC young Indy, the lower arms are from the Indy Raiders German soldier, the lower section of the uniform is from the KOTCS Colonel Dovchenko figure.  The hands and boots are from the Raiders Indy and the legs are from a Cobra Commander the one with the clear visor from Rise Of Cobra.

Chopper/Snake/Idol  - The chopper was completely scratch built using plasticard except for the console/back rotors and joystick which are from a world peacekeepers chopper, the main rotors are from a 1/72 chinook model with parts from the bits box.  I made it so that the main rotors rotate and the winch can also be wound up and down.

The snake I got from a cobra commander figure and repainted it and I couldn't find an idol that matches the origianl Joe set so I used an idol from the Indiana Jones figures and painted it gold and I was actually vety happy with the way it looks with the set.

Base - The base is made from a 1/6 Sideshow base and scrap high denisty foam built up and once the foam dried I covered it using plaster cloth and was that dried covered it if plaster of paris with fine sand mixed in.  The small shrubs are from Army Painter and I just peeled them off and glued them into place.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #670 on: October 12, 2013, 07:30:50 AM »
ADVENTURE TEAM - EIGHT ROPES OF DANGER  3-3/4" (2 of 5)

It took me a while to decide what I was going to make and I finally decided to make some figures and vehicles from the old 70's Adventure Team GI Joes I use to play with when I was kid. Once I got everything togther it was painted and weathered using Vallejo and GW paints and chalk pastels.

RECIPE

Figure - The figure has a resin cast head which I got from STARWARSGEEK and the body is a Cobra Snow Serpent the boots are from a Star Wars EVO trooper and the gloves are from VOTC Hoth Solo.  The straps are strips of leather and the small buckles are some 1/35 scale German water jerry caps and the large buckle at the front is from a Indiana Jones belt.

The diving helmet and shoulder section are from an old 80's Action Force figure,  I had to cut the helmet off and then dremel the shoulder section off to fit the body correctly,  I then used thin strips of plasticard to make the protective cross sections and also the tiny bolts.

I then used more thin strips of plasticard but a little thicker to make the bolts on the shoulder section, the small loop brackets on the front of the shoulder section were made using 1/72 scale shackles which were cut and then small holes were drilled and the shackles glued and inserted.

The small red handle on the lower right side was made by using a small piece plastic sprue melting the top and the sanding it to make it flat and then it was glued inplace and the small plate on the top front left side is from a 1/72 German tank.

Equipment/Octopus - The octopus is from Chap Mei,  I wanted a larger one so this one was perfect the only thing is that the tentacles weren't bendable so I inserted thin metal wire into the tentacles so that they could be bent in different posistions.  The air tubes were made from some black computer cables and thin electrical cable and the ties were done with model ship rope.

The bouy was made using a plastic ball and a hole drilled thru and a piece of plasticard inserted and a flag was attached using paper and the rope is from some left over model ship rope I have. The net is from the Star Wars Chewbacca and C3PO figure set and I made the sledge hammer by using a toothpick for the handle and some high density foam for the metal hammer.

The knife was made using the handle from a GI Joe figure and the blade from a Indy Monkey man figure, the sheath is made from left over pleather and the band is some left over elastic.  The map was found on the net and shrunk and printed off,  I used the chest from a Star Wars Obi Wan Kenobi figure and filled it with a cheap golden chain, 1/6 gold buttons and some imitation jewellery pearls.

Base - The base is made from a 1/6 Sideshow base and foamcore,  I then covered the base with plaster cloth and made the rocks from the plaster cloth as well and once dry it was covered using fine washed river sand. The shipwreck was made from scrap balsa wood and the long seaweed was made using Army Painter ivory wrapped around some thin wire so it could be inserted into the base and the small red coral was made using white clay.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 07:34:26 AM by hemble »

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #671 on: October 12, 2013, 07:37:15 AM »
ADVENTURE TEAM - SECRET OF THE MUMMY'S TOMB  3-3/4" (3 of 5)

RECIPE 

Figure - The figure has a resin cast head which I got from STARWARSGEEK and the upper upper torso and biceps are from the TLC young Indy, the lower arms are from the Indy Raiders German soldier, the lower section of the uniform is from the KOTCS Colonel Dovchenko figure.  The hands and boots are from the Raiders Indy and the legs are from a Cobra Commander the one with the clear visor from Rise Of Cobra.

Equipment/ATV - The pick has been made by cutting the ends off the TOD Thuggie Guards swords and supergluing them to a toothpick, the shovel was made using the lower section of the Raiders Sallah figure. The blade was cut off and attached to a toothpick.

The rifle, bino's and walky talky are from Forces of Valor (Bravo Team) WW2 American figure, the pistol is from KOTCS Colonel Dovchenko figure.  The net is from a lego dinosaur set and the pith helmet is from a Chap Mei figure which has been cut off and hollowed out. The snake is from a Cobra Commander figure the Jackal statue is from the indiana jones figures and the sacophagus is from a 28mm Reaper set.

The ATV has a hull from a 1/35 scale sherman tank and the rest of the hull was made using plasticard, the tyres are from some toy tractors and the which was made from 1/35 scale parts and plasticard and it can actually wind and unwind.

Base - The base is made from high denisty foam and a little section was cut out for the tomb, I scribed the walls by using a pencil and the column is from the Disney 7" figure. I decided to cut out a small section so that it could be removed to simulate the tomb has been dug up.  I used a mixture of plaster of paris and fine river sand to simulate the desert.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #672 on: October 12, 2013, 07:40:32 AM »
ADVENTURE TEAM - DIVE TO DANGER  3-3/4" (4 of 5)

RECIPE       

Figure/Shark - The figure is a Deep Six which has been repainted to give it the old style feel of the original dive suit, the head is a cast of Beachhead I think and it was given a ginger/orange hair to sinulate the AT Sea Adventurer.  The hands are from a indy figure and the shark is from Chap Mei and was sanded and repainted.

Equipment - The weapons, goggles and flippers came with Deep six and have been repainted, the tanks are from a 1/35 field workshop kit with added parts from the bits box and the hoses are also from the bits box and are hollow and they have been attached to the tanks and goggles.

Base - The base is from a Sideshow Indy figure and the ground work was built up using high density foam and plaster bandage and plater of paris. The red/pink and small ball/bushy lookin coral were done using clay and then painted, the stick looking coral were made using twigs from some palm trees which were cut and glued to together and tehn painted.

The orange coral I got of the beach and repainted and the leafy seaweed are plastic fishtank plants just repainted, the treasure is some pieces of 28mm playing pieces that have had some indy figure grail cups glued to them and then painted and glued to the base.

The sand is fine river sand and was glued to the base and once dry it was painted and drybrushed and the bouy was made using a plastic ball and a hole drill thru and a piece of plasticard inserted and a flag was attached using paper, once the bouy was ready I used model ship string and this wire to give it that floating in water feel.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #673 on: October 12, 2013, 07:43:08 AM »
ADVENTURE TEAM - BLACK WIDOW RENDEZVOUS  3-3/4" (5 of 5)

RECIPE

Figure - The figure was done by using a Cobra Commander legs, Indiana Jones boots, AT-ST Driver vintage torso and head and Mutt Willams arms. The beard was done by using Games Workshops Green stuff, the belt is some left over material I have in my bits box with the buckle from a Indiana Jones figure,  the pouch and water bottle are from a Forces of Valor (Bravo Team) WW2 American figure.

Equipment - The Thompson machine gun is from Forces of Valor (Bravo Team) WW2 American figure, the pistol id from a Joe figure, the mapcase was made from some hollow plasticard and the map was found on the net and printed off.  The Gyro/Chopper was made using a backpack froman old SW figure and the hand controls are made from plasticard with the handgrips are from the oversized missles you get with some of the Joe figures.

The blades are made from a 1/72 scale Apache Helicopter and the shoulder section I had in the bits box. The connection between the blades and backpack was made from some 1/72 scale CH-47 helicopter, the blades actually turn by just tapping the blades,  I got the helmet from ebay and it is resin and is roughly 1/16-1/18 scale I had to drill out the bottom so it would fit to the neck post.

- The base is from a Sideshow Indy figure and the ground work was built up using plaster and plastcine.  I got the dirt from the backyard and mixed is some fine river sand to give it some extra texture. The some log was also from the backyard from a old branch I cut down.

The small bundles of grass and from a company called Army Painter and you just pull off what you need and I just glued them into place. The thicker shrubs are from Woodland Scenics and I used watered down PVA glue to stick them together.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Re: Hemble's other Custom's - GI Joe Adventure Team 3-3/4" P45 13/10/13
« Reply #674 on: October 12, 2013, 07:47:55 AM »
Ron, you have outdone yourself this time.

I have a feeling the JOE guys will keep your in box filled up for the rest of your life.