Author Topic: Hemble's other Custom's - German Armoured Train WWII 1:35 P198 02/04/2024  (Read 521638 times)

Offline JediMerc

• Brigadier
What's new?  Just another amazing creation! 

I love reading about all the parts choices that went into details like the scrap pile at the end of the tracks.  That is just masterful use of available supplies and creative use of ordinary items.  That has got to be the coolest part of seeing your breakdowns of what goes into your dios. 

You're right: This film sometimes gets a bad rep, but its one of my favorites (first movie I remember seeing in a theater when I was a kid) and is now one of son's favorites as well.  You've done it great justice with this dio scene!

Light side, dark side...meh.  Just give me a lightsaber and a blaster and I'll take care of it!

Offline ShamanLogRay

• Colonel
  • Greetings from the UK! :)
Ron  you did it again! Excellent!  Personally I think you should try doing actual statues! These all have the quality to them, as I've said before not toys....art! :)

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Amazing work once again Ron! I really love this display, it belongs in a museum!

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Wow, so nice. Even that cotton bud on the shoe part. So much great stuff to talk about here. First things first, on the front page.

Thanks heaps Shawn.

What's new?  Just another amazing creation! 

I love reading about all the parts choices that went into details like the scrap pile at the end of the tracks.  That is just masterful use of available supplies and creative use of ordinary items.  That has got to be the coolest part of seeing your breakdowns of what goes into your dios. 

You're right: This film sometimes gets a bad rep, but its one of my favorites (first movie I remember seeing in a theater when I was a kid) and is now one of son's favorites as well.  You've done it great justice with this dio scene!

Appreciate the comments thanks mate and not much new going on getting thru a heap of dios and commissions
Ron  you did it again! Excellent!  Personally I think you should try doing actual statues! These all have the quality to them, as I've said before not toys....art! :)

The statue idea is great I'll have to have a look at it and see what or how I could set them up and appreciate the feedback thanks mate.

Amazing work once again Ron! I really love this display, it belongs in a museum!

Always a pleasure buddy thank you and can't wait to see what indy stuff you are coming up with and Les (Throw me the idol) keeps saying the same thing :)

Ron

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Ron, you are a true artist and once again your passion for the indi series shines with this creation. The build up of the dio is amazing and very true to life.
Boy, you are right about that mine cart. That is a nice looking piece.

Well done, sir!

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Ron, you are a true artist and once again your passion for the indi series shines with this creation. The build up of the dio is amazing and very true to life.
Boy, you are right about that mine cart. That is a nice looking piece.

Well done, sir!

Really glad you liked the dio mate and thanks heaps for the kind words.

Ron

Offline Mr. Black

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier
Ron, another fantastic scene capture. I have really fond memories of seeing TOD for the first time in the theater. I went to see it with my little brother and he got so scared by the bug tunnel, an employee of the theater took him upstairs to watch Tom & Jerry cartoons  :)

The mine cart scene is a favourite of mine and I clearly remember seeing the Making Of in which they explained how they made it. Respect, is all I can say!

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Ron, another fantastic scene capture. I have really fond memories of seeing TOD for the first time in the theater. I went to see it with my little brother and he got so scared by the bug tunnel, an employee of the theater took him upstairs to watch Tom & Jerry cartoons  :)

The mine cart scene is a favourite of mine and I clearly remember seeing the Making Of in which they explained how they made it. Respect, is all I can say!

Thanks heaps for the comments mate.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Hey Guys,

Here are some more pics of my entry into the ULTIMATE ACTION FIGURE BUILD OFF with Recipe.

RECIPE   

1: Figures & Accessories - The Desert disguise Indy has the upper torso of a KOTCS Indy and the legs of a GI-Joe Cobra Commander, the shoes are from the same KOTCS figure.  The turbin head was cut out and replaced with a TOD Indy Head and the turbin was covered in tissue paper to give a cloth look, the robes and bag are from the Indy deluxe Ark set.

Leather Jacket Indy has the upper torso of the Indy from the deluxe horse set and the legs from a GI-Joe Cobra Commander the shoes and head are from a TOD Indy. The hands are a spare set GI-Joe hands I had in the parts box and the holster and bag are from KOTCS Indy.

The whip, Gold idol, monkey, revolver, sand bag, torch, glasses and fedora are all from different figures from the Indiana Jones line. The gloved hand are from a GI-Joe figure and the other spare set of hands are from the Mola Ram figure,  the other Indy head is from the TOD figure with the fedora cut off and replaced with the cut off section of a KOTCS Indy.

The shovel is from the Sallah figure and has had the soft plastic handle reomved and replaced with harder plastic strip. The staff of RA was made using hard plasti card strip and the medallion was taken from the net and downsized and then printed out and glued to plasti card.

The robe is from some model boat string and cut to size and then wound the string around my fingers and tied it off, the maps were again taken of the net and down sized and printed off. Once I got the figures and accessories together they were painted and weathered using Vallejo, GW paints and pastels.

2: Base and box/crate - The box/crate was made by using an old 1/72 model box and and then cutting out foam and placing inside the box. The wood panels were done by using balsa wood and cutting to size and gluing inplace.  The stencilling was done by typing and printing the wording and once printed carfully cutting out the words,  I then placed the stencil were I wanted and dapped blake paint over the stencil to get the look that is on the box/crate.

The Map room base is foamcore glued together and then peeling off the cardboard to reveal the foam underneath. I then started to scribe the foam to the desired pictures and hieroglypths that I wanted by using a fine tip felt pen and a led pencil. The buildings were made by using marine foam and scribing the stone affect again using a fine tip felt pen and a led pencil, the sand was done by using fine river sand and glued into place.

The Gold idol section was done using a fine tip felt pen and a led pencil and the wall ornaments were done by using pieces of marine foam. The pedastal wasmade by using marine foam and carving and sanding to get the roundness I wanted I then sribed the design into the foam again using a fine tip felt pen and a led pencil,  I used Lichen Moss to cover the pedastal and walls and filling in some of the lines that surround the pressure stones and once I got the desied look for the bases they were painted and weathered using Vallejo, GW paints and pastels.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Few more.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Re: Hemble's other Custom's - TUAFBO Entry 3-3/4" P44 14/07/13
« Reply #655 on: July 14, 2013, 06:07:58 AM »
Wow Ron. This is definitely over the top. What a great idea. Two for one!

Offline BlackThorne

• Colonel
  • Jamming!
    • Forja das Estrelas
« Reply #656 on: July 14, 2013, 09:42:05 AM »

Totally agree. I love all of yours Indy Dios, prefect!

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #657 on: July 20, 2013, 06:16:12 PM »

Thanks Shawn glad you liked it mate.

Totally agree. I love all of yours Indy Dios, prefect!

Cheers Buddy and more Indy dios coming soon.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #658 on: August 11, 2013, 12:40:50 AM »
Hi All,

Here are some WIP pics of the Centurions Power X-Treme figures that I have nearly completed. I just have to add a few touch ups and weathering and will have the normal pics and recipes up this week.

Ron

Offline The Spectre

• Global Moderator
  • High Admiral
  • Customizing Spirit Of Wrath
    • The Spectreverse
Re: Hemble's other Custom's - Centurions WIP 3-3/4" P44 11/08/13
« Reply #659 on: August 11, 2013, 07:59:36 AM »
Great minds think alike! I always knew that those Accelerator Suit bodies would make AWESOME Centurions!

Here's my take on them :
Founding Member Of PETA (People Eating Tasty Animals)

Founding Member Of The CSOTC (Customize Something Other Than Clones) Society

Visit me on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000474627568

https://www.facebook.com/Spectreverse/