Author Topic: Hemble's other Custom's - German Armoured Train WWII 1:35 P198 02/04/2024  (Read 521855 times)

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Re: Hemble's other Custom's - IJ - Retrieval of the Ark 3-3/4" P42 24/05/13
« Reply #630 on: June 01, 2013, 04:29:03 AM »
Again, I'm blown away by your skills and resourcefulness, Ron. Amazing work again and it's very inspiring to see so much devotion.

Mate thanks so much for the kind words I really do appreciate it.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Re: Hemble's other Custom's - IJ - Retrieval of the Ark 3-3/4" P42 24/05/13
« Reply #631 on: June 01, 2013, 04:34:54 AM »
Hey Guys,

I just wanted to show you some WIP of a ToD mine cart scene I am doing, as you can see it is at the scene where Indy, Willie and shorty almost crash into the barricade.

I still have to do a little work on the tracks, walls  and do some more weathering then I'll be starting on the figures and the cart. I hoping to have the completed dio done within the next 1&1/2 and once complete I will post pics with the usual recipe description.

Ron

Spookymufu

we need "like" buttons!

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
we need "like" buttons!

Hey Spooky, sorry mate this comment went straight over my head ???

Ron

Offline Clonehead

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
its a reference to a facebook thing, Ron. This is going to be another amazing dio from the looks of things.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
its a reference to a facebook thing, Ron. This is going to be another amazing dio from the looks of things.

Thanks mate and no wonder I didn't get the comment from Spooky I have a facebook account but never ever use it.

Ron
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 12:03:39 AM by hemble »

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Ron this is a great scene to capture! So are you the one our friend Phillip was doing a run of carts for?

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Ron this is a great scene to capture! So are you the one our friend Phillip was doing a run of carts for?

Thanks Spry and yeah Phillip did four of them for me and they look amazing.

Ron

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Man, I am telling you you can create anything you set your mind too. Outstanding and more comments can be found on the front page.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Man, I am telling you you can create anything you set your mind too. Outstanding and more comments can be found on the front page.

Thanks heaps Shawn.

Ron

Offline ShamanLogRay

• Colonel
  • Greetings from the UK! :)
Well Ron you've done it again! Love the "why did have to be snakes??" Dio & this looks like a great start to yet another work of art! I'm sure this new dio will be a real roller coaster ride! :)

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Well Ron you've done it again! Love the "why did have to be snakes??" Dio & this looks like a great start to yet another work of art! I'm sure this new dio will be a real roller coaster ride! :)

Appreciate the comments mate thank you,  I will have the mine cart dio completed tonight and will post tomorrow so stay tuned.
Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Hi All,

Finally got pics today as the sun decided to come out and thanks again to inky_skin from the Raiders forum the carts that he makes are amazing, great detail and very crisp molds. Once the dio and figures were done I painted and weathered everything using Vallejo and Game Workshop paints and pastel chalks.

RECIPE       
1: Figures & Mine Cart - Indy, Willie and Shorty are all from Hasbro's Temple of Doom series and have been repostioned and the joints superglued and then putty was used to fill in the joints. The Mine Cart as mentioned before was made by inky_skin and is cast in resin again he did an awesome job creating the cart.

2: Base - The bottom of the base is marine foam and the left and back sides are pieces of foamcore, once I got the base together I then used ripped up newspaper and crumpled it in my hand and then used PVA glue to attach the newspaper to the foamcore.  I then used plaster bandage and covered the newspaper and sat that aside to dry.

Once the plaster bandage had dried I glued down the wooden track slabs which are pieces of balsa wood cut to size and the I made the barricade which is made from plasticard, balsa wood and small branches cut to size then cut in half.  The support beam is a piece of branch cut to size and secured onto the base and once the barricade was complete I glued that to the base as well.

Once the barricade, support beam and wooden track slabs had dried I then mixed plaster of paris and a small amount of fine sand together and then applied that to the walls and floor. When this had dried I placed down the rail tracks which are pieces of I beam plasticard, the track fasteners/bolts are small 1/35 scale pieces I had in the parts box.

The debri at the end of the tunnel are pieces of I beam, plasticard, branches and wire. The cables under the tracks and on the wall are some old head phone cables I had and have been cut to size, the cable cable holder on the walls are pieces of thin wire cut and shaped and then drilled into place.  The lantern on top of the barricade is from a cheap $1 flickering light and the bulb was removed and then thin strips of plasticard were used to make the frame.

The smoke coming from Indy's shoe was done by pulling part a cotton bud and taking what I needed and glue inplace between Indy'd shoe and the wheel.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
A few more.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
Wow, so nice. Even that cotton bud on the shoe part. So much great stuff to talk about here. First things first, on the front page.