Author Topic: Hemble's other Custom's - Indiana Jones - Pharaohs Tomb 1:12 P197 23/01/2024  (Read 516335 times)

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Re: Hemble's other Custom's - IJ the Forgotten Temple 3-3/4" P41 08/05/13
« Reply #615 on: May 09, 2013, 08:28:02 PM »
Hi All,

ShamanLogRay, XTS_Operative & CloneSniper78 - Guys thanks heaps and as always appreciate the feedback. ShamanLogRay, CloneSniper78, is correct the column is hollow. I was going to fill it in but decided against it and PS the black area instead but I think I will go back and fill it in.

Ron

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
  • He who is one with the Walker
« Reply #616 on: May 10, 2013, 02:40:40 AM »
I got this on the front page, but not sure where my comments went. It looks outstanding Ron. I always appreciate you detailing how you did what you did too.

Offline ShamanLogRay

• Colonel
  • Greetings from the UK! :)
« Reply #617 on: May 10, 2013, 04:31:23 AM »
 Ah, that would explain it Ron! I thought it was a bit unusual for you as usually everything is finished to perfection and that bit just looked unpainted on my phone and that may just be the lighting, im sure it probably doesnt look like that from close up, it's only the above angles it shows in though! But still outstandingly brilliant craftsmanship as always! :)

Offline Bubba Fett

• Lieutenant
« Reply #618 on: May 10, 2013, 11:18:03 AM »
Simply mind-blowing! Sideshow-caliber work as always! You are a master of the dios! We should have a custom contest prize to hang with you in your workshop for a weekend.  :)

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #619 on: May 10, 2013, 10:34:41 PM »
Hi All,

Tamer, ShamanLogRay & Bubba Fett - Thanks again guys and as always Shawn I appreciate the FP.

Ron
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 03:25:21 PM by hemble »

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #620 on: May 11, 2013, 05:40:14 AM »
I never get tired of seeing your work Ron. Daggone but you can make some realistic looking environments. I am still having a hard time getting over that Mayan Pyramid Waterfall.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
« Reply #621 on: May 17, 2013, 08:46:01 AM »
Sorry I missed replying here Ron. Beautiful work once again! You must have a boat load of these Disnet temple columns! I have seen you use those so many times! I have been thinking about opening my set and casting that part.

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #622 on: May 18, 2013, 04:40:56 PM »
Hi All.

Tamer - Thanks heaps Shawn I always appreciate your comments.

Luke Sprywalker - Cheers Spry and no worries at all mate. I am down to my last two columns so if you are going to cast some let me know.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #623 on: May 23, 2013, 11:43:06 PM »
Hi All,

I always wanted to make a Raiders Well of the Souls diorama but in 3-3/4" scale finding snakes that look good and finding a lot of them was my biggest problem so I decided to scale the dio down to a partial Well of Souls as you can see in the pics.

I have to thank inky_skin from the Raiders forum for sending me what snakes he had if he didn't I wouldn't have been able to build this partial dio THANKS BUDDY. Once the figures and dio where done they were painted and weatherd using Vallejo, GW paints and chalk pastels.

RECIPE 

1: Figures - Indy and Sallah are both from Hasbro and Sallah is straight from the package, I filled the joints up using plastacine and then covered his main body with soaked tissue paper to hide the joints and to see how tissue paper would look as cloth at this scale and I was more then happy with the results.

Indy like Sallah is from Hasbro, I used KOTCS legs and torso the head is from TOD and the gloves are from the A-Teams Face figure. Once the parts were put together and placed in the pose I wanted I used superglue on the joints and then used modellers clay to cover the joints.

The Ark is again from Hasbro and I added the small rings by using thin plasticard and the poles are skewer sticks and the cloth pattern was done by adding soaked tissue to the poles and once dry painting the desion over the tissue paper.

2: Base - is a piece of blue marine foam I had lying around from some older projects. The lower half of Anubis was made by using a pair of Dragon legs and sealing the joints up with superglue and then filling the joints in with plastercine, The legs were then covered over using plaster bandages to give it a more stoney look once it was painted.

The skirt was made using blue marine foam and using a knife and sandpaper carved and sanded out the shape,  I then hollowed out the bottom so it would fit over the legs and once I was happy with the fit over the legs I used a thin felt tip STABILO 0.4 pen I drew the design over the foam.

When I was happy with the design I then used a ball point pen and scribed over the felt pen so it would leave an impression in the foam. The sand was done by mixing plaster of paris with fine washed river sand and PVA/woodglue, I also added a beige brown to the mix so once it dried it would look like sand.

The snakes are from Hasbro and again thanks to inky_skin for sending me the snakes he had. The torches were made from small thin sticks and then thin model boat string was used to tie them up.

The flames were made by using Woodland scenics Ripplin Water kit and mixing it with orange, red and yellow and then dapping over the torches to simulate fire.

Ron

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
« Reply #624 on: May 23, 2013, 11:45:09 PM »
4 more.

Offline Tamer

• Administrator
  • Grand Admiral
Ron, I tried to do it justice on the front page. Just wow!

I always get excited when I see a new update from you as its always just over the top like this. Thanks for always sharing your work with us.

Offline Luke Sprywalker

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Admiral
Ron, I am blown away! I have wanted to capture this scene for so long. The huge Anubis has been what kept me from trying. I love your solution and the way you handled it. Also the display doesn't have to be so big. I always seem to think in terms of capturing the whole scene, I need to think like you and dissect a portion of the scene that still tells the story. Brilliant piece of art my friend. Everything has been superbly recreated just like the scene in ROTLA! Fedoras off to you mate!

Offline mr.Jedi1977

• Major
Ron this is fantastic!!! You keep raising the bar. I'm at work and just had to comment
This was a great distraction from work lol I must have stared at this for a good 5 min
Keep me coming all the best art

Offline hemble

• Grand Admiral
Hi All,

Ron, I tried to do it justice on the front page. Just wow!

I always get excited when I see a new update from you as its always just over the top like this. Thanks for always sharing your work with us.

Thanks heaps Shawn and I'm always very appreciative of the FP support thank you.

Ron, I am blown away! I have wanted to capture this scene for so long. The huge Anubis has been what kept me from trying. I love your solution and the way you handled it. Also the display doesn't have to be so big. I always seem to think in terms of capturing the whole scene, I need to think like you and dissect a portion of the scene that still tells the story. Brilliant piece of art my friend. Everything has been superbly recreated just like the scene in ROTLA! Fedoras off to you mate!

Hey Spry, thanks buddy and like you the Anubis Statues were what stopped me and after a long time thinking about I said to myself if I can dissect a dio going length ways why not height ways and iy payed off.

As for story telling you you are right the dio doesn't have to big at all and this is another reason I like these small dios place the extra room you get to make more.

Ron this is fantastic!!! You keep raising the bar. I'm at work and just had to comment
This was a great distraction from work lol I must have stared at this for a good 5 min
Keep me coming all the best art

Cheers Jedi, and I'm glad I could stop you from thinking of work even if it is only 5 min.

Ron

Offline Mr. Black

• Global Moderator
  • Brigadier
Again, I'm blown away by your skills and resourcefulness, Ron. Amazing work again and it's very inspiring to see so much devotion.